Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hell no

Arena does one thing very well - getting out of the way of players & letting them do their jobs.

We don't need that right now.

If we were going to go after a manager with another MLS team, I'd go in on Jim Curtin. I'm not sure he has much to prove there anymore & might be looking for a new opportunity.
    I'm honestly not an Arena fan-I just don't want to go the big name manager with no MLS experience route.

I have little hope for the off season. They are going to run this team back next season. They will use Covid as cover and injuries as cover and Armas as cover. Jozy scoring goals in garbage games will give them cover to bring him back next year. We will win the Voyageur's and they will say that that is the true quality of the team so maybe a MLS savvy guy who seems to get the best out of who he has might be what we need while they cling to this group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bob Bradley isn't necessarily my choice, but he is still my prediction to be the coach next season.
    Bob Bradley would be good, but when his son is the captain it feels like hiring him would bring unnecessary drama which this team really can’t afford right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bob Bradley would be good, but when his son is the captain it feels like hiring him would bring unnecessary drama which this team really can’t afford right now.
    Yeah, I’d be fine with BB too but the elephant in the room here is that MB really has to transition to a lesser role on the team. Like instead of the first choice mid he has to rotate with Priso, Osorio, and Delgado depending on the game.

They need to rubbish the CB thing too, like ASAP. It’s like Manning and Curtis want to do as many mental gymnastics as they can not to admit their defence is a tire fire. Personally I’d move Lawrence inside and find a first choice CB
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-29-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I'm honestly not an Arena fan-I just don't want to go the big name manager with no MLS experience route.

I have little hope for the off season. They are going to run this team back next season. They will use Covid as cover and injuries as cover and Armas as cover. Jozy scoring goals in garbage games will give them cover to bring him back next year. We will win the Voyageur's and they will say that that is the true quality of the team so maybe a MLS savvy guy who seems to get the best out of who he has might be what we need while they cling to this group.
    Manning is definitely not rolling it back. Rolling it back will in no way help ticket renewals. Tickets & memberships are clearly the FO's aim right now and if Manning rolls it back and attendance is 14K next season then he is gone fast and probably won't be on a lot of speed dials for another job as good as what he has now.

I expect some big turnover and a manager that will sell tickets and/or at least belief. Also expecting a high flash, biggish name player who fits a specific demographic that they want to tap into plus Giovinco. This offseason will be the most PR and ticket sales oriented offseason we've had since the Bloody Big Deal days.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Manning is definitely not rolling it back. Rolling it back will in no way help ticket renewals. Tickets & memberships are clearly the FO's aim right now and if Manning rolls it back and attendance is 14K next season then he is gone fast and probably won't be on a lot of speed dials for another job as good as what he has now.

I expect some big turnover and a manager that will sell tickets and/or at least belief. Also expecting a high flash, biggish name player who fits a specific demographic that they want to tap into plus Giovinco. This offseason will be the most PR and ticket sales oriented offseason we've had since the Bloody Big Deal days.

Managers don't bring in fans. Players do. I just hope Manning is smart enough to understand that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Managers don't bring in fans. Players do. I just hope Manning is smart enough to understand that.
    Strongly disagree. There would be significant buzz for a top level manager. Not to mention that who your manager is can significantly impact the kind of players you bring in.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly disagree. There would be significant buzz for a top level manager. Not to mention that who your manager is can significantly impact the kind of players you bring in.
    The casual Toronto sports fan wouldn't be affected in the least. Only a Big Name Player that they've heard of would move the meter.

The knowledgeable soccer fan would definitely be excited by a top level manager.

In any case MLSE needs to do something drastic to restore the franchise, this could be it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The knowledgeable soccer fan would definitely be excited by a top level manager.

In any case MLSE needs to do something drastic to restore the franchise, this could be it.
    Need to either fire or reassess Ali’s role before any credible manager will sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The casual Toronto sports fan wouldn't be affected in the least. Only a Big Name Player that they've heard of would move the meter.

Giovinco created buzz amongst casuals but was not a big name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco created buzz amongst casuals but was not a big name.
    It helped that Gio was coming from Juve, even girlfriends of the most casual calico fan knew that name

With the rogers drama playing out I don’t think there will be money to spend this off season on managers or players, the last 2 Dps Piatti and Soteldo were not the big splashy type signings if they did open a DP slot I think they go that route and maybe go big and splashy once the rest of the roster is fixed-kinda what the Jays have done

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Need to either fire or reassess Ali’s role before any credible manager will sign.
    He could be a capologist, just not assemble the team.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Without a good manager, this team is going nowhere. With a good manager (which might be Perez but I think likely isn’t) the right players - two CB’s and a striker - this team goes a long way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be a capologist, just not assemble the team.
    If he could live with it…. Just a ton of money to spend on a capologist.