0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 30 - TFC @ Miami Wed Oct 20 7:38pm - Then I Guess

We can say we tried

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason the schadenfreude from making Phil Neville’s life more difficult appeals to me. It’s petty but we sort of owe them for that bullshit goal in the last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez says JMR will start and his removal was tactical in the last game.

Oh, to be a fly on those office walls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Perez says JMR will start and his removal was tactical in the last game.

Oh, to be a fly on those office walls.
    He’s a kid. But he looks years away to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I'm not sure. His nerves must be up given the hype, and he had some positional issues. But he also made a really nice offensive sortie and late cross, and he had a great saving tackle tracking back that saved a goal. I guess we'll see as he goes, if they actually commit to giving him time.

His timing on that slide tackle required exceptional timing and acceleration. He has very quick feet. I don't think the speed will be an issue and if his technique is as advertised, it'll be up to confidence and reading the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This!

IMO the first season when he needs to have a serious look at by featuring in at least 25 MLS matches (starter or a max. 30 minutes sub) will be the 2023 season.
    In the next (2022) season he should have a very remote role in the first team, just a little bit more than he had this season.

If next season he'll have a much serious role in the first team than what he had this year, that can only mean that TFC has yet another extremely bad season...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 10-19-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The JMR being declared the starter for tomorrow reeks of coming from upstairs. Who declares their starter days before the game? I agree with Achara and Delgado missing the game, he should start and probably should start most of the remaining games this season. I just don't see the need to state on a Monday JMR is starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot to like about JMR's game, just needs reps to figure it out and put it all together. His run and slide tackle in the 60th minute was terrific. He made up a lot of ground (at the end of the clip below).

Announcing in advance that JMR is playing is silly though. There's no purpose to it. I liked that Perez said his best 11 will start. He could have left it at that and come Wednesday we'd see JMR starting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so Delgado, Achara, Auro not making the game. Are Mavinga, Endoh, and Peruzza still on the injury list too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    so Delgado, Achara, Auro not making the game. Are Mavinga, Endoh, and Peruzza still on the injury list too?
    Endoh's out a bit longer. Mavinga was listed as questionable before, and was in training photos last week so hopefully he's ready. Not sure on Perruzza. I fear the summer of Perruzza has been delayed to 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Endoh's out a bit longer. Mavinga was listed as questionable before, and was in training photos last week so hopefully he's ready. Not sure on Perruzza. I fear the summer of Perruzza has been delayed to 2022.
    If he has chronic back issues at 20, good chance the summer or Perruzza might be relegated to the CPL and summer of 2024.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR should be starting every game until the seasons end. At no other time are you going to get the situation we are in. It's MLS, not the Prem.

There is no pressure for team performances so lets see what these young guys got.
    Last edited by Richard; 10-19-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. I think his playing time has to at least partially be a function of what he’s capable of.

To draw a comparison, throwing Henry into the deep end probably did his career little in the way of good. He likely picked up a lot of the bad habits that he still has today.

So I would say minutes yes but caveat that it has to be with some level of performance. Like if he runs around like Jayden Nelson without a sense of position, then he should go back to TFC2 and they should drill that out of him.

Despite what the V’s board might think, giving players minutes is not the cure for everything youth development, as much as I found Perez’s decision last game bizarre.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If he has chronic back issues at 20, good chance the summer or Perruzza might be relegated to the CPL and summer of 2024.
    In the most recent Twitter post from TFC you can see Perruzza in full training. Hope that’s a positive sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interested by the game tomorrow evening. We will watch it in the Firkin on Harbour.
    I'm particularly interested by the idea of Noble Okello replacing (our wonderful - except in Mexico) Marky. It's intriguing to imagine Ralph replacing Michael (who MUST stay in the club) and Noble as cover for Marky.
    After the game in TO, when we should have won, I'm keen on a win in Miami.
    Justin M should be on the field - please do it one last time for us, you wonderful man!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is the club focused on winning now, its time to play all your youth players, and get a better draft pick, then we can release Curtis, Manning and Perez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro's red card was upheld (as was Barco's) and he will miss tonight's game. Good chance Morrow starts with Richie moving back over to RB.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    why is the club focused on winning now, its time to play all your youth players, and get a better draft pick, then we can release Curtis, Manning and Perez
    The club isn't focused on winning anything in MLS - that isn't why Jozy and Poz came on last game.

The club is focused on winning the Canadian Championship and they believe having Poz and Jozy in the lineup for those games is key to winning. But you can't do that if they don't get back up to speed. You can't play them in CCL matches if they have played zero games leading up to them. And you don't throw them in a game and start them for 90 minutes. You bring them in as subs so they have get a run in to start. They came in last game to get minutes. That's it.

Also - this isn't the NHL - the draft isn't a good place to get players. So you don't need to tank to get a better spot.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 10-20-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The club is focused on winning the Canadian Championship and they believe having Poz and Jozy in the lineup for those games is key to winning. But you can't do that if they don't get back up to speed. You can't play them in CCL matches if they have played zero games leading up to them. And you don't throw them in a game and start them for 90 minutes. You bring them in as subs so they have get a run in to start. They came in last game to get minutes. That's it.
    Not sure anyone should be thinking Poz + Jozy in our starting XI would make us better at this point. If anything the last run of matches should be proof otherwise. Well maybe Poz wouldn't hurt but Jozy would just waste space like he did for 30 minutes on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is definitely important to get Poz minutes. The team needs to figure out how he and Soteldo can play together, so lets use these games to test that out. Alternatively, if he wants to go back to Spain/Europe, getting him some minutes at the end of the season is important to showcase him.

Jozy matters less, but even in his current form he's our best "striker" even if he doesn't fit into our best XI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird lineup tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Weird lineup tonight.
    Looks like a 532 with JMR and Shaff as wingbacks?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-4-3 I suspect

Both Higuain bro's start

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a pre-game on TSN?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nervous start. Have we ever played this setup before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This drumming is giving me tribal rhythm nation flushbacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR missing an opportunity to beat the back line when Bradley was loading up, as Miami’s defender is playing too narrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noble Okello just stands still when they are passing the ball around. He does not try and get into space to receive a pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That about sums up the season