Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Another good performance.,

heartbreaking it didn’t come a month earlier but possibly that gets us a competent roster builder. It’s better than having a first draft pick if we can get a Gm who knows what he’s doing.
    Is the draft even decent this year? There's always 1 or 2 sleepers in this thing even though most write it off. Achara was a late first round pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Probably a little blame for everyone. All kind of irrelevant now after another big win!
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Also jloome it will be interesting to see if you are right about the Piatti loss being an excuse to fire Curtis. I find the obsession with him baffling. Unless it is something to do with Poz being unhappy.
    nah, reeks of a decision he can definitely Demonstrate was Curtis’ alone. Thus an easy sell to the board a year after Contract renewal.

he doesn’t want to wear it for keeping a buddy on. If it’s all Curtis/COVIDs fault he can skate on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The linked article is from august. They had over 17k in attendance last night.
    The Linked article was dated September 20.

And I can't find their attendance from last night anywhere, but their attendance is capped at 13,000, unless that changed this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what the deal with Poz was today; was that a genuine "he's almost back!" or a "we don't want to look like we're shopping or releasing him" appearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?
    No it was not as bad in 2012. This is what is so disappointing as a supporter. You don't make up excuses for not going to support your team. You are there when they're winning and when the they're struggling. Support our team or we will lose them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soteldo has 10 goals and 3 assists.

into top 5 in MLS for assists.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor thoughts post game now home

Soteldo & Shaff lauging & smiling at each other when things came off or almost came off - they are both enjoying their football

The teams' palpable relief for Soteldo when he scored that goal was huge

Bradley's passing game has gone from "he does so many so well" to "he gets a few in a game that are great but my gawd some times"

Getting in with the vaccine check was quick & easy at gate 1 half hour before the game - putting the ticket check at the gates themselves makes more sense.

Crowd was into it - kay, not a huge group but everybody there was engaged in the game. Right now, that's enough.

I think I saw Lawrence doing the marshalling at the back - we might have found our back line marshal.

Oso is just soooo darn good & nobody notices until he pops up & does a pass like the one for that goal.

Richie looks tired BUT he's getting better defensively.

I missed my seat - first time in it since pre-covid. Looking around at half time at the field, the stadium, the DVP to the north, the Island, the City & then thinking about EVERY EFFIN thing that has gone on the last 19 months. All the death, all the fear, all the efforts to keep me & my coworkers & my family safe, all the changes, all the anger, all the relief, just all that. That was what I was waiting to get back to - just to go to a game & sit in my seat & enjoy the whole event of it all again.

Through covid there were 2 things I wanted to get back to - seeing my Mom at her place again which I did in August - & getting back to my seat for a game. It was a relief. Can't go to anymore then 1 the rest of the way for various reasons but...today...today that felt right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The Linked article was dated September 20.

And I can't find their attendance from last night anywhere, but their attendance is capped at 13,000, unless that changed this week.
    I messed up, was looking at the summary for a game that took place in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Minor thoughts post game now home

Soteldo & Shaff lauging & smiling at each other when things came off or almost came off - they are both enjoying their football

The teams' palpable relief for Soteldo when he scored that goal was huge

Bradley's passing game has gone from "he does so many so well" to "he gets a few in a game that are great but my gawd some times"

Getting in with the vaccine check was quick & easy at gate 1 half hour before the game - putting the ticket check at the gates themselves makes more sense.

Crowd was into it - kay, not a huge group but everybody there was engaged in the game. Right now, that's enough.

I think I saw Lawrence doing the marshalling at the back - we might have found our back line marshal.

Oso is just soooo darn good & nobody notices until he pops up & does a pass like the one for that goal.

Richie looks tired BUT he's getting better defensively.

I missed my seat - first time in it since pre-covid. Looking around at half time at the field, the stadium, the DVP to the north, the Island, the City & then thinking about EVERY EFFIN thing that has gone on the last 19 months. All the death, all the fear, all the efforts to keep me & my coworkers & my family safe, all the changes, all the anger, all the relief, just all that. That was what I was waiting to get back to - just to go to a game & sit in my seat & enjoy the whole event of it all again.

Through covid there were 2 things I wanted to get back to - seeing my Mom at her place again which I did in August - & getting back to my seat for a game. It was a relief. Can't go to anymore then 1 the rest of the way for various reasons but...today...today that felt right.
    That ball to release Soteldo was perfection. Not to focus on the end product because, as you say, he does a lot right outside of that stuff. But geezuz, that was a hell of a ball.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Priso was healthy, I 100% believe that Bradley wouldn't be playing as much as he has. He's into his final years now, he should be used the way we used Cheyrou. But unfortunately circumstances are what they are and he's being asked to do more than he really should.

NOOOOOOO. He's not a CB - yes he can do it, but's only because of how good of a LB he is. We haven't found our CB Marshall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    No it was not as bad in 2012. This is what is so disappointing as a supporter. You don't make up excuses for not going to support your team. You are there when they're winning and when the they're struggling. Support our team or we will lose them.
    In my case I'm just not willing to risk my two young kids aged 2 and 6 getting Covid to go to games that are meaningless at this point. I'd like to, but not worth a risk even with the vax requirement at BMO (which is a welcome step). If it was only about the team struggling I would go for sure. I've decided to go to the Canada-Panama qualifying game as one my game to attend in person this year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?

People are forgetting that in past years SSH had already paid for every ticket. So attendance was good because people didn't want to waste the money they already spent.
    This year it's a totally different story.

People are being asked to spend money on meaningless games and asked to do it during COVID. There are more people than you think with family's / kids that are not willing to risk getting covid and passing it on to a family member to watch a team that's been shit all year.

On the flip side, people can squawk all they want about true support and all that BS - but I've learned early that the way you send a message to the club that this isn't an acceptable way to manage the club is to do it with your money. Filling the stadium is the wrong message to send. It creates complacency. They think it's ok to build a team that will fall on it's face every 2 years and the money (and joy) will keep coming in.

I, for one, am glad that we didn't have SSH tickets this year. I don't want Curtis and Co to think that because in NY it was ok to see this kind of apathy for the club from time to time, that it's ok to experience it here as well. This shouldn't be seen as something that can happen from time to time. This is a result of poor planning.

I also don't want these young kids thinking they will get praised even when they are playing like shit. They have to earn it, and we are seeing them do that.
    So hopefully, when the 2022 season starts and we all have our Season tickets in hand, Curtis has dealt with the roster the way he should've done last off-season; the kids know they have to work to be loved; and Javier has a plan to ensure we are back in the hunt -not for playoffs - but for top 5 status.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 10-04-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    People are forgetting that in past years SSH had already paid for every ticket. So attendance was good because people didn't want to waste the money they already spent.
    This year it's a totally different story.

People are being asked to spend money on meaningless games and asked to do it during COVID. There are more people than you think with family's / kids that are not willing to risk getting covid and passing it on to a family member to watch a team that's been shit all year.

On the flip side, people can squawk all they want about true support and all that BS - but I've learned early that the way you send a message to the club that this isn't an acceptable way to manage the club is to do it with your money. Filling the stadium is the wrong message to send. It creates complacency. They think it's ok to build a team that will fall on it's face every 2 years and the money (and joy) will keep coming in.

I, for one, am glad that we didn't have SSH tickets this year. I don't want Curtis and Co to think that because in NY it was ok to see this kind of apathy for the club from time to time, that it's ok to experience it here as well. This shouldn't be seen as something that can happen from time to time. This is a result of poor planning.

I also don't want these young kids thinking they will get praised even when they are playing like shit. They have to earn it, and we are seeing them do that.
    So hopefully, when the 2022 season starts and we all have our Season tickets in hand, Curtis has dealt with the roster the way he should've done last off-season; the kids know they have to work to be loved; and Javier has a plan to ensure we are back in the hunt -not for playoffs - but for top 5 status.
    These are all good points. If I had already paid for the tickets my calculation would be a bit different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    These are all good points. If I had already paid for the tickets my calculation would be a bit different.
    Yes me too. But it’s just not worth the risk to my family (elderly relatives) at the moment if I get COVID and it’s transmissible despite being vaccinated. If it was a cup run I would likely go but not see them. But it isn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Yep, to each their own but I share your philosophy here.

You could see with Anselmi they were willing to keep him around forever until the gate dried up. I’m not going to be a party to propping up someone who is consistently providing a terrible product and not taking steps to make it better.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-04-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago Fire rebranded their logo today. So clearly we broke them and saved MLS from that travesty of a logo.

(I did see the logo leak a couple months ago of the logo they unveiled today, but I prefer the we broke them angle)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Chicago Fire rebranded their logo today. So clearly we broke them and saved MLS from that travesty of a logo.

(I did see the logo leak a couple months ago of the logo they unveiled today, but I prefer the we broke them angle)
    They broke themselves the day they got some employee's kid to make them a new logo with MS Paint.