Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 28 - Chicago @ TFC Sunday Oct 3 4:08pm - How Much Do You

Commit Yourself

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now they're firing their managers right before playing us.

Pineda is safe as he's new but Neville better watch out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Now they're firing their managers right before playing us.

Pineda is safe as he's new but Neville better watch out.
    I suspect Neville gets at least another season just because of the Becks connection. He was sort of a tire fire as coach of England's women and has basically zero experience at this level, so it's not particularly surprising.

But given that they've handed starting jobs in USL-1 to both their kids, neither of whom is as good as the other players on their team, I'm not sure they're taking it quite as seriously as... say... non-multi-millionaire coaches who didn't have a franchise handed to them.

Also, Neville gets to argue the roster was messed up by their former GM, who was fired for the whole bogus DP fiasco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!

Just saying!...
    Because the silence is deafening in this thread!
    Yet again... And sadly this is becoming the norm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stadium will be empty again. It appears that at least 80% of the tickets are available for the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    GAME DAY!

Just saying!...
    Because the silence is deafening in this thread!
    Yet again... And sadly this is becoming the norm.
    Same can be said for section 112. It’s basically just the inebs and some kings left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are eagerly waiting to find out this little fellow's mood:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Same can be said for section 112. It’s basically just the inebs and some kings left.
    can you say bandwagon.i give credit to the inebs they bring it no matter what,there were maybe 2 or 3 in the RPB section on weds

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    The stadium will be empty again. It appears that at least 80% of the tickets are available for the match.
    Weather is going to be crap and their is a pretty big baseball game going on at the same time, easy to see while the casual would stay away.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Weather is going to be crap and their is a pretty big baseball game going on at the same time, easy to see while the casual would stay away.
    The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn’t long ago when I would come here and say that Seattle attendance and Atlanta attendance was incredible and that our attendance was good but no comparison to places like those two. I remember getting shouted down with people on here saying their attendance wouldn’t last lol. Well well look at that eh even the hard core supporters sections are basically empty lol . Atlanta went through a few bad years of lousy teams but support was always good . However , these TFC attendance is basically a joke right now even worse than the last season of Chivas USA when they already knew they were going to fold . When even your so called supporters sections are empty than you really have to start to wonder . Seriously , i’ve been following this league since it started and the attendances for TFC games these past games are some of the worst ever in this league, seriously maybe an average of about 1000 people on average in the last 4 or 5 games . Makes you wonder what kind of fans TFC really had since 2007 ?
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 10-03-2021 at 12:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?
    Yes attendance is bad; many reasons have been mentioned.

But it's not comparable to 2012 TFC (and probably not comparable to Seattle or Atlanta either, unless they had very low attendance during portions of the pandemic when they allowed fans at all). The massive difference now: we essentially have no season ticket holders at the moment. All season seats are opt-in. Nobody has pre-paid their seat for the season, and is pressured to go or lose their money.

As nobody has paid in advance, all the other valid reasons have a much bigger impact: lousy weather; lousy team & end of hopeless season; Blue Jays; any remaining pandemic worries; losing touch with the team over the last 20 months; etc. They'll likely be bad, but probably not this bad.

And low attendance on its own has a feedback effect: low attendance & low excitement leads to less interest.

I think we can stop worrying about it for the rest of this season, this is how it's gonna be. Let's see how the start of next season and season seat renewals work out.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-03-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why should not be worried about it? Every team can draw up excuses this year but no one other than Chicago is drawing more poorly than TFC. 2-4K in attendance at what is supposed to be a prestigious club is not acceptable.

This is the kind of thing that quickly spirals out of control in a bad way. When all the casuals see no one attending it’s completely off their radar. If the supporters groups can’t even fill their own tiny deck, what’s left? Maybe one good thing out of this is that the management team drastically lowers prices but that’s probably unlikely.

Also, to make matters worse Toronto has been hosting the CMNT and even that has looked like it can’t draw the big crowds, granted there are capacity restrictions. For such a large City it shocking that there aren’t 20-30k dedicated fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be another low attendance game. Bad weather, big Jays/baseball day today. Anyways, see ya'll there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why should not be worried about it? Every team can draw up excuses this year but no one other than Chicago is drawing more poorly than TFC. 2-4K in attendance at what is supposed to be a prestigious club is not acceptable.

This is the kind of thing that quickly spirals out of control in a bad way. When all the casuals see no one attending it’s completely off their radar. If the supporters groups can’t even fill their own tiny deck, what’s left? Maybe one good thing out of this is that the management team drastically lowers prices but that’s probably unlikely.

Also, to make matters worse Toronto has been hosting the CMNT and even that has looked like it can’t draw the big crowds, granted there are capacity restrictions. For such a large City it shocking that there aren’t 20-30k dedicated fans.
    I genuinely believe it is a combination of things…. Pandemic for sure, SSH not obliged (i would always make sure my seats were used), season is over, but i think a very big one is that the regular fan and supporters contempt for the current management. At least it is for me.

Always want to support the players but i am stunned at how drastically we have fallen since Leweike. THE NYRB experiment needs to end, I would go to the final five with change in management. I am going to the Canada game (in fact bringing 8) and the Canadian Championships (supports Canadian Football)… but current management isn’t getting anymore from me this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the team was this bad in a normal year there would still be 15-20K fans there.

the fact fans have to opt in to go to a game in a pandemic that is completely meaningless is all sorts of discouraging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a weird time. We have to accept that. MLSE though needs to start next year off in the right foot ie competent coach (Perez or otherwise); a striker who attracts buzz and two CB’s. My main worry about the attendance is that MLSE took for granted this gem the Tims built - they need to pay attention to all the details. Including why we come to games. Simple example, in 2019 we had Saturday evening games in March and April. They should be 3 pm kick offs because, weather. Lots more details management failures to pay attention to - time to do much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays playing what is basically a playoff game at the same time is definitely going to effect the attendance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COVID and a bad team. If fans think the team has a chance of winning, they'll look at it and say, "I'm double vaccinated, it's reduced capacity, it's worth it."

Can't really compare the impact here and in the U.S., where vaccine denial and distancing are both potently affected by both politics and religious politics to a significantly greater degree. Combine that with zero presales, as Auzzyrules mentions and it's a recipe for light turnout.

Vancouver is in a playoff hunt with limited seating and can't get good crowds either:
    https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/whit...are-their-fans

Until people feel safe AND that their dollar will be well spent (or is prespent) the numbers will be tiny. Most people I know aren't going to take a risk on what they see as meaningless games, because the team is 17 points out.

I wonder if TSN's tv ratings are up or down for games?
    Last edited by jloome; 10-03-2021 at 01:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to this game. I get why some won't.

Going to enjoy a glass of red wine & look for good things for 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz posted an Instagram story with his jersey in his locker. Looks like he’s back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    COVID and a bad team. If fans think the team has a chance of winning, they'll look at it and say, "I'm double vaccinated, it's reduced capacity, it's worth it."

Can't really compare the impact here and in the U.S., where vaccine denial and distancing are both potently affected by both politics and religious politics to a significantly greater degree. Combine that with zero presales, as Auzzyrules mentions and it's a recipe for light turnout.

Vancouver is in a playoff hunt with limited seating and can't get good crowds either:
    https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/whit...are-their-fans

Until people feel safe AND that their dollar will be well spent (or is prespent) the numbers will be tiny. Most people I know aren't going to take a risk on what they see as meaningless games, because the team is 17 points out.

I wonder if TSN's tv ratings are up or down for games?
    The linked article is from august. They had over 17k in attendance last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same lineup as Wednesday. Poz returns to the bench. He'll probably play 20 minutes or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some bullshit propaganda if I ever saw it.

How about some acknowledgment that you made the wrong moves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I assume you are talking the Manning interview. I forgot to watch it. Did he blame the season on playing in Florida again?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you referring to the Manning interview?

That's one sign of my lingering TFC PTSD: I really can't watch or listen to TFC interviews anymore. It's been that way for a couple of years, after I lapped up every TFC interview and news article in the early years. I can't remember exactly when my aversion to TFC interviews started; after Winter / before Vanney I guess. From the bit I've seen from Manning, I can just imagine: acting all confident as he's trying to sell you a shit sandwich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised you expected different from Manning.
    Same old, same old...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I assume you are talking the Manning interview. I forgot to watch it. Did he blame the season on playing in Florida again?
    There were plenty of excuses to go around but these were a few that I remember:

1. Playing every game on the road is hard.
    2. We had so many injuries!
    3. We never replaced Pablo Piatti