Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 27 - Cinci @ TFC Wednesday Sept 29 7:08pm - I don't know the meaning of

much

I don't know the right expressions
    I don't have too much intuition
    Or too many credentials

Yup, its the 2 worst teams in the league....again

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad at myself because this was a better choice that I didn't think of until I saw a tweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaap Stam was relieved of his duties as CFC's manager this morning. Cinci could have that new manager bump for Wednesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Jaap Stam was relieved of his duties as CFC's manager this morning. Cinci could have that new manager bump for Wednesday.
    I don't think Tyrone Marshall will be giving that roster much bumping.

They're going to steal our wooden spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't think Tyrone Marshall will be giving that roster much bumping.

They're going to steal our wooden spoon.
    Interestingly, Vanney's Galaxy are sorta collapsing. Seven games without a win, shutout multiple times including 2-0 to Austin.

Sort of reminds me what happened to us last year around this time. Is he getting tactically figured out? They have a weak defense and have relied on offense and ball possession for wins. Might be you can't play a possession game with a weak back line against pressing teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Sort of reminds me what happened to us last year around this time. Is he getting tactically figured out? They have a weak defense and have relied on offense and ball possession for wins. Might be you can't play a possession game with a weak back line against pressing teams.
    This is a big part of it for sure. We even had problems with good pressing teams in 2017 (NYRB). I think another part is that the team, at least ours back in his time, got lost in pointless possession and now it seems they're doing it too. I swear there's at least double the sideways and backwards passes compared to forward.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is a big part of it for sure. We even had problems with good pressing teams in 2017 (NYRB). I think another part is that the team, at least ours back in his time, got lost in pointless possession and now it seems they're doing it too. I swear there's at least double the sideways and backwards passes compared to forward.

Vanney's build up was great, but his TFC team had no clue what to do in the final 18.

I wish Javier had more time and a full lineup to show what he can do - Although I don't think he's an ideal manager, I do think he has a deep tactical arsenal that he can deploy.

The last two games I've seen what the pieces we have are capable of and what we are missing.
    Whereas most of the season, we've just seen everything play like garbage.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 09-28-2021 at 08:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this game actually happening, TFC at this point feels so dead. We are in store another empty BMO Field. Lots of people I know are bailing, even the dedicated. Plus there is a pretty big baseball game going on that night too, not that far down on the road ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is this game actually happening, TFC at this point feels so dead. We are in store another empty BMO Field. Lots of people I know are bailing, even the dedicated. Plus there is a pretty big baseball game going on that night too, not that far down on the road ( :
    I'll be there woohoo!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or does Cinci thus far remind you of TFC circa 2007-2012?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way Bob Bradley comes to TFC, and I see this as exactly what will happen, is as President/GM, replacing Manning, with Michael Bradley as manager.

You pull the next wunderkid out of the league office, like Bez in 2013, to be the capologist, and presto… “Bob's your Uncle”.

I wish there was a way to bet on this.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-28-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The only way Bob Bradley comes to TFC, and I see this as exactly what will happen, is as President/GM, replacing Manning, with Michael Bradley as manager.

I wish there was a way to bet on this.

This is a 4-5 year bet lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it appears both Maving and Zavaleta are out. I'm guessing we'll either see a 433 with Gonzalez and Lawrence at centre half, or a three man back with Lawrence, Gonzalez, Auro, Richie on one flank, Shaff on the other.

But given our lack of bench depth probably the former.

Achara and Soteldo up top or Shaff/Soteldo/Achara if it's a 433.

As I pointed out in another thread, Soteldo's goal-to-shot ratio is .05% (2 goals on 38 shots), which if you go by the EPL as a marker would make him the worst striker in the league. That's despite an S-O-T of 37%, which is average-to-good for most leagues. So he makes terrible shot choices, or can't pick a corner to save his life.

How it compares in MLS I'm not sure, as they don't have combined stats anywhere that I can find.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Cinci flew in this afternoon

My Dog is not impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

Cinci flew in this afternoon

My Dog is not impressed

Your dog looks slightly more impressed this week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is the over/under on attendance Wednesday night? The Jays had 28,768 on Tuesday night and will have the pretty much the same Wednesday. I will be the BMO though.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is the over/under on attendance Wednesday night? The Jays had 28,768 on Tuesday night and will have the pretty much the same Wednesday. I will be the BMO though.

i will be surprised if it is anything over 8,000

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

under 1000 fans for sure. my guess is about....648

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apropos of nothing much…

Anybody else still haunted by the sound of Tyrone Marshall breaking Kenny Cooper's leg?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Apropos of nothing much…

Anybody else still haunted by the sound of Tyrone Marshall breaking Kenny Cooper's leg?
    Now there is a name I haven’t heard in a while. Great MLS 1.0 striker. If we could find someone in that mould we’d be getting somewhere.

Wasn’t as effective in his later years but when he started at FCD, man that guy could do everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is definitely the odds on favorite in my mind to be managing here next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is definitely the odds on favorite in my mind to be managing here next year.
    Why? Why would they hire a guy who doesn’t even have his badges?

dude, they make lazy, arrogant decisions but they’re not going to hand the club to an inexperienced coach. I just can’t see them being that dumb. Maybe I’m being naive but the bigger worry is they’re wedded to an outdated MLS 1.0 mindset and we’ll get John Harkes or Ben Olsen or some other guaranteed loser in tactical terms.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude, they make lazy, arrogant decisions but they’re not going to hand the club to an inexperienced coach. I just can’t see them being that dumb. Maybe I’m being naive but the bigger worry is they’re wedded to an outdated MLS 1.0 mindset and we’ll get John Harkes or Ben Olsen or some other guaranteed loser in tactical terms.
    I'm not too excited about it, but he probably means Bob Bradley.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mullinho likes a goal vs cinci and due one, reckon he bags the winner tonight.

2-1 TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not overly caught up on the whole licensing aspect of coaching, particularly for someone who has been around as long as Bob. I’ve certainly seen professional accreditation as being no guarantee of quality in my own line of work.

I thought his work in LA has been okay, but not spectacular. They’ve played to their talent level generally, although they’ve flopped in the playoffs a few times. He’s an upgrade from Armas or any of the names we were linked with last off season. But… I don’t see how he makes us all that better than Perez.

Leaving that aside, I just see this as a distraction to fans in light of horrifically bad performance. The press should be writing Manning and Curtis’s eulogy right now, instead they are staying silent in as cowardly of a manner as possible and spoon feeding the public snippets about Giovinco. Bread and circuses stuff, this is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m not overly caught up on the whole licensing aspect of coaching, particularly for someone who has been around as long as Bob. I’ve certainly seen professional accreditation as being no guarantee of quality in my own line of work.

I thought his work in LA has been okay, but not spectacular. They’ve played to their talent level generally, although they’ve flopped in the playoffs a few times. He’s an upgrade from Armas or any of the names we were linked with last off season. But… I don’t see how he makes us all that better than Perez.

Leaving that aside, I just see this as a distraction to fans in light of horrifically bad performance. The press should be writing Manning and Curtis’s eulogy right now, instead they are staying silent in as cowardly of a manner as possible and spoon feeding the public snippets about Giovinco. Bread and circuses stuff, this is.
    I know nothing about coaching licenses, but Bob Bradley supposedly has the UEFA Pro Licence, is that worth something?

Again not excited about him. Been watching some of his teams for a long time. Read some things about him. Not sure if he would really give this club what it needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I know nothing about coaching licenses, but Bob Bradley supposedly has the UEFA Pro Licence, is that worth something?

Again not excited about him. Been watching some of his teams for a long time. Read some things about him. Not sure if he would really give this club what it needs.
    Plus he says PK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant Bob! Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant Bob! Haha.
    Oh! I somehow read that as Michael. I think someone just before you mentioned Bob as Gm and Michael as coach, so I was seeing that.

Yeah, Bob Bradley is a real possibility. Not totally sold on him. He seems tactically very sound and an astute talent judge, but he doesn't seem particularly liked by his players and he seems to consider even the best easily replaceable, despite being proven wrong repeatedly over the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any one have any idea what formation they are starting with tonight? MLS always says it’s a 4-2-3-1 for TFC, regardless of what they are really playing. It’s strange, seems to be only TFC, I’ve seen lots of other formation for other teams.
    I’m guessing a 4-3-3 🤷🏼