Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Wheelers now upping himself for predicting this outcome. Shocker!
    Lol. So smart for picking that team from a superior league that he also gets a cheque from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-finals are supposed to be the 28th or 29th according to Wikipedia, but we play Cincinnati on the 29th (and Colorado on the 25th). Either it'll be different day, or we're going to have two separate lineups for back-to-back day games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you look at the young talent at the club it can only make you pissed that it’s taking so long to sort out a long-term solution for a manager. I want to say Okello will be a great player, but honestly I don’t trust this club to do him or any of our players right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back from the game and will say that as bad as this season was I will give this line up a lot of credit for showing up and taking it seriously. That rain sucked and having to run into it for the first half could not have been fun, would have been easy to take it easy or mailed it in but the effort was there. The rest was what it should have been, probably the most enjoyable game all season. We win when it rains!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I just got back from the game and will say that as bad as this season was I will give this line up a lot of credit for showing up and taking it seriously. That rain sucked and having to run into it for the first half could not have been fun, would have been easy to take it easy or mailed it in but the effort was there. The rest was what it should have been, probably the most enjoyable game all season. We win when it rains!
    True supporter! Awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that worried me tonight was that our movement as a unit seemed a lot more loose. Against Nashville, they practically looked like the Radio City Rockettes at some points, they were moving so well together in a block.

I suppose that's natural when the team you're playing is full of defensive holes but it was a bit disconcerting. I know the MLS season is done, but it's good for the players' morale to get as many points as possible.

We're not getting the first draft pick anyway due to expansion, and if Manning keeps Curtis after the last two year, he'd be leaving soon himself , he'd be so lacking in judgement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup fun night at BMO Field tonight.

Yes the guys were working hard, even Soteldo sprinting all over the place to high-press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a miserable night at BMO weather wise..the rain just kept on falling...just wish we had a proper ground with a roof...great to see Bradley come to the south end to say thanks.....the imbretti did a great job lifting everyone's spirits.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Semi-finals are supposed to be the 28th or 29th according to Wikipedia, but we play Cincinnati on the 29th (and Colorado on the 25th). Either it'll be different day, or we're going to have two separate lineups for back-to-back day games
    It is not just on wikipedia, its on the schedule the CSA released. All three of TFC, Valour and Cavalry have league games on Wednesday, September 29th. I assume the CPL matches can easily be moved. It is the Reds Cincy one I wonder about. The Reds are off the international break but Cincinnati play on the 9th. BMO is booked for the Canada game on the 13th. I am sure their is a solution but I wonder what it is.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3, 651, the lowest announced attendance for TFC match at BMO Field in club history. Not surprising considering the weather but also this match was not priced to sell in any way. The cheap seats for general sale were over $30. Just looking at Ticketmaster showed that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    3, 651, the lowest announced attendance for TFC match at BMO Field in club history.
    They announced 500 at the Championship League against Dallas in 2011.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They announced 500 at the Championship League against Dallas in 2011.
    Did they actually announce an attendance for that match, which was played at 10 am in the morning. I was at it and they were not really taking tickets at the gate the next morning. They just opened the gate and everyone was in the lower east side of the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wednesday night reminded me of this rain soaked match that was eventually postponed vs. Vancouver back in the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they actually announce an attendance for that match, which was played at 10 am in the morning. I was at it and they were not really taking tickets at the gate the next morning. They just opened the gate and everyone was in the lower east side of the stadium.
    That was my recollection, but it has been a decade.

The Toronto Star from the following day (page S8) says about 500. I tried to paste in the article, but I think I crashed the forum for a few minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3, 651, the lowest announced attendance for TFC match at BMO Field in club history. Not surprising considering the weather but also this match was not priced to sell in any way. The cheap seats for general sale were over $30. Just looking at Ticketmaster showed that.
    Management are so arrogant. Two Toronto clubs and they cannot draw more. It wasn’t the weather, it wasn’t the pandemic. #fireCurtis #fireManning

The boys worked the entire game and I liked Soteldo in the middle.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 09-23-2021 at 06:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Management are so arrogant. Two Toronto clubs and they cannot draw more. It wasn’t the weather, it wasn’t the pandemic. #fireCurtis #fireManning

The boys worked the entire game and I liked Soteldo in the middle.

The weather, mid week & a crap TFC team during Covid.

Take look at the hardest of hard core in the South - 10% of what it was in the last few weeks - people didn't go.

This isn't on management. They could have made the seats $5 each & people still wouldn't have gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t go because of the pandemic. Vax passports will help but activities with groups need to be “worth it”. Watching our dreadful last place team isn’t exactly compelling.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1945003]The weather, mid week & a crap TFC team during Covid.

Take look at the hardest of hard core in the South - 10% of what it was in the last few weeks - people didn't go.

This isn't on management. They could have made the seats $5 each & people still wouldn't have gone.[/]

I respectfully disagree sure it sucks out there… but

What did they do to promote this?

We got our first team and they played hard. With the game on OneSoccer, it was a perfect opportunity for SSHs to give out their seats (I bought a pair and gave it to my two Nieces) They had a ball! And will go again.

That is what I mean by arrogance. Manning and Curtis have been crickets trying to fly under the radar to live another day. Posting easy Social Media lob balls. We cannot let them escape this complete screw up. The team will play much better for the remainder of the season. That is not enough for Curtis at least to keep his job…. imho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should of given these tickets to the SSH that have kept there money iin there accounts,these donkeys have no clue.i was kinda hoping for a loss llast night just so there is no doubt to get rid of these clowns.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Also, has Oso ever scored a header before? MB showed his quality tonight.
    He was playing behind a Delgao/Oso mid. This is an underrated/underused pairing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I didn’t go because of the pandemic. Vax passports will help but activities with groups need to be “worth it”. Watching our dreadful last place team isn’t exactly compelling.
    For anyone that did end up going. I realize it wasn't a large crowd but how was getting in with the new requirements of the Vax passport and ID and such?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    For anyone that did end up going. I realize it wasn't a large crowd but how was getting in with the new requirements of the Vax passport and ID and such?
    It was fine, but is tough on the staff. You need to zoom in on your form so they can see your name and then scroll down to show that it says double vaxed. It may slow things down when it’s a full house. There really should be a better technology solution at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Europe now.
    I have a QR code with vaccine info.

Takes like 5 seconds to scan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the first Canada game, but became increasingly uncomfortable as the match progressed, and supporters got into it - many with masks off. I haven’t been back for Canada or TFC and won’t this year. Will use the money MLSE has in my account to renew seasons for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I live in Europe now.
    I have a QR code with vaccine info.

Takes like 5 seconds to scan
    So does BC. Why doesn’t Ontario just use their app?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Arrogance.
    Ontario always needs to have a Made In Ontario solution.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they decided to create a new one in Ontario - even though they had one in January.

Blue license plates come to mind...