Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Come on. The dude shits on his own club all the time from the commentary booth and he seemingly lobbies to be given positions he’s not putting in the work to be qualified for.
    You have no idea what he lobbies for or against. In his play, he is a TFC legend and YOU voted him such. Well, we.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have to concede the “ they’re not too old” point to jabbronies after that performance.

apparently a whole lot of our issues were coaching. Two good performances in a row without Pozuelo.

starting Soteldo on the bench was inspired. They had to move the ball constantly to advance it rather than headmanning it to the roadrunner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play like that against York and it’ll be a slaughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the Nashville goal was two steps offside. WTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez might be a good coach. A bit of an odd dude but s Emma to know what he is doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You have no idea what he lobbies for or against. In his play, he is a TFC legend and YOU voted him such. Well, we.
    I think we’re going to have to truncate this list. Decent player for us, not at all legendary. And nope, never got my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we’re going to have to truncate this list. Decent player for us, not at all legendary. And nope, never got my vote.
    Totally fair. I’m just trying to give some perspective on the vitriol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understood. Let’s agree to disagree on this one

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So about that game....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the anti-Caldwell chat comes from me. While I don't like him, and even though you and I disagree on a few issues, I wanna let you know I like you as a poster and respect your opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So about that game....
    A win! And our best players might of been Omar and Zavaleta. Who would of predicted that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A win! And our best players might of been Omar and Zavaleta. Who would of predicted that?
    Everybody played well tonight. Fought for each other and defended as a team. We play better when we move the ball quickly instead of going through one of our DP"s and Bradley all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Everybody played well tonight. Fought for each other and defended as a team. We play better when we move the ball quickly instead of going through one of our DP"s and Bradley all the time.
    Might get to see Osorio and Delgado back as the double pivot next weekend too with Bradley suspended. Very interested to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understood. Let’s agree to disagree on this one
    We just agreed to disagree on the other one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the anti-Caldwell chat comes from me. While I don't like him, and even though you and I disagree on a few issues, I wanna let you know I like you as a poster and respect your opinion.
    Thank you. I the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No DP’s starting. Perez is a genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. Goes both ways. I shouldnt have been quite so strident in his defense. His commentary drives me crazy too but I dont think we have enough information to make comments about his behaviour outside the commentary booth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. Goes both ways. I shouldnt have been quite so strident in his defense. His commentary drives me crazy too but I dont think we have enough information to make comments about his behaviour outside the commentary booth.

Hate listening to his commentary.

How quickly he was saying the Nashville goal was onside without seeing a replay was ridiculous. And even on replay, I still dont know how that wasn't offside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone/anyone tell me why the hell Bradley is ANYWHERE near set pieces...ffs, he has zero technical ability and he is taking corners (and hitting them out of bounds even).

On any corners/set pieces he should be last man back and break up any counters with a foul. Leeave the technical stuff to players that you know...actually have technical ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the game and like OG's dog was somewhat impressed. Team has looked more direct the past 2 games, the ball moving quicker less cutbacks without Poz and Yefe, Oso looking like his old self since the CMNT games, Schaff and Achara going for goal, somehow a simpler more direct game is working. Just glad for the guys that they got a win and am looking forward to them beating York

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tfc this year has beaten the best team in the league and the 4th best team in the league and are in last place overall in the league

In what world does that make sense
    Seems fishy to me
    That would be like Norwich City beating both Liverpool and Manchester City in games this year
    Last edited by stevep; 09-19-2021 at 09:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    So tfc this year has beaten the best team in the league and the 4th best team in the league and are in last place overall in the league

In what world does that make sense
    Seems fishy to me
    That would be like Norwich City beating both Liverpool and Manchester City in games this year
    Fish? LOL. That's the sign of a team with major problems at CB and at striker, bringing a real lack of stability. Plus lots of problems with motivation, tactics and fitness at certain times. Despite all the misery on the field for TFC this year, there's a ton of parity in the league. TFC is MUCH closer to NE in quality than is the case for Norwich / Man City; plus TFC actually has the higher salary budget. Any team can beat any other team in MLS on a given night; lots of players and coaches that came to MLS from Europe and elsewhere around the world have commented on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I just watched the game and like OG's dog was somewhat impressed. Team has looked more direct the past 2 games, the ball moving quicker less cutbacks without Poz and Yefe, Oso looking like his old self since the CMNT games, Schaff and Achara going for goal, somehow a simpler more direct game is working. Just glad for the guys that they got a win and am looking forward to them beating York
    I think what impressed me most last night was that they moved as a unit, even out of possession. They tracked to their zonal coverage areas at the same pace, they all hurried, they didn't allow gaps the other team could exploit.

Gary Smith told the local press we "rope-a-doped" them with a low block they couldn't break down.

Also, the Shaff goal was totally prepared for, I think. They targeted Johnston because he's normally a fullback and Shaffelburg angled his run to account for Johnston starting the trap late. Given how deep Auro was with the ball and how little space they needed to pull it off, I suspect they were specifically looking for that mistake.

EDIT: We were also doing some funky stuff defensively. I noticed Delgado was shadowing Hany Mukhtar man-to-man for chunks of the game, including following him from deep as he backtracked all the way to the half-line.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-19-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've not been watching the La Liga coverage on TSN - are Kilbane & De Guzman on that all the time?
    TSN uses ESPN's coverage, so no.

TSN also pimping La Liga and how they're the new home for it -- and they show approximately one game a weekend throughout their five channels. The rest are on tsn.ca, which blows.

Wish it was back in BEIN SPORTS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think what impressed me most last night was that they moved as a unit, even out of possession. They tracked to their zonal coverage areas at the same pace, they all hurried, they didn't allow gaps the other team could exploit.

Gary Smith told the local press we "rope-a-doped" them with a low block they couldn't break down.

Also, the Shaff goal was totally prepared for, I think. They targeted Johnston because he's normally a fullback and Shaffelburg angled his run to account for Johnston starting the trap late. Given how deep Auro was with the ball and how little space they needed to pull it off, I suspect they were specifically looking for that mistake.

EDIT: We were also doing some funky stuff defensively. I noticed Delgado was shadowing Hany Mukhtar man-to-man for chunks of the game, including following him from deep as he backtracked all the way to the half-line.
    Yeah, we looked extremely well organized last night. I do notice the gap of space between the midfielders and the CB’s, a huge issue under Armas, has now been resolved. I don’t think our CB’s have played any better, we’ve just given them less opportunities to be exposed.

I do wonder how much we are benefitting from being the league doormat. More than a few sides have come to town recently fielding weaker lineups and escaped with all 3 points. That seemed to be a mostly first choice Nashville team, though. Outside of Leal, not sure who else would have been missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Fish? LOL. That's the sign of a team with major problems at CB and at striker, bringing a real lack of stability. Plus lots of problems with motivation, tactics and fitness at certain times. Despite all the misery on the field for TFC this year, there's a ton of parity in the league. TFC is MUCH closer to NE in quality than is the case for Norwich / Man City; plus TFC actually has the higher salary budget. Any team can beat any other team in MLS on a given night; lots of players and coaches that came to MLS from Europe and elsewhere around the world have commented on that.
    exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we looked extremely well organized last night. I do notice the gap of space between the midfielders and the CB’s, a huge issue under Armas, has now been resolved. I don’t think our CB’s have played any better, we’ve just given them less opportunities to be exposed.

I do wonder how much we are benefitting from being the league doormat. More than a few sides have come to town recently fielding weaker lineups and escaped with all 3 points. That seemed to be a mostly first choice Nashville team, though. Outside of Leal, not sure who else would have been missing.
    I wasn't watching for that but it sounds right - Perez found a way to fix an Armas problem

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

xG time stamps

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day after thoughts

Good couple of games

2 games

Still need to move on from 2015-2018
    Still not sold on Perez
    Still not happy about Gonzalez & Zavs & to a certain amount, Mavinga
    Still not happy with the attack
    Still not sold on Bono
    Still think its time for us to move on from Delgado, Endoh, and quite a few others

MUST fire Curtis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and PLAY THE KIDS