Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 24 - Miami @ TFC Tuesday Sept 14 7:38pm - All Go Down Together

And prayed to Jesus Christ
    With all of our might

We had no cameras
    To shoot the landscape
    We passed the hash pipe
    And played our Doors tapes
    And it was dark
    So dark at night
    And we held on to each other
    Like brother to brother
    We promised our mothers we'd write

And we would all go down together
    We said we'd all go down together
    Yes we would all go down together

OK the TFC situation is not as bad as Vietnam so perspective here but...this does all feel like a bit of a deathmarch

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a while I was concerned we'd squeak out some results and surpass 23 points and possibly lose out on the wooden spoon.

I'm not worried anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is making it harder and harder to watch games. My PTSD is fully on and I almost expect a loss every game now. There is no heart and no pride at the moment. That being said it is MLS so we probably win 4-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a win badly. Bradley needs to start on the bench. Mullins and Dwyer need to be sent down to TFC 2. If Mavinga's head is into it, send him packing. Too many mistakes this year from a player as talented as him.
    Westburg
    Laryea Gonzales Mavinga Morrow
    Delgado
    Pozuelo Osorio Soltado
    Marshall-Rutty Achara

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will watch because I am a sucker for punishment with this team. But it is hard to do these days I am sure everyone will agree. You can see on the player's faces last game how the mentality on the team is. They look like there is no hope and at the point of blaming and yelling at each other on the field. Pretty bleak. I don't ever wish bad luck on our team but honestly sometimes for things to change in the corporate decision making shit has to hit the fan. Happened to TFC before and needs to again to be honest for things to change and get better. If the team all of a sudden make a slight push and that takes any pressure off making the needed changes then that does not do anyone any good in the long term. I see us losing this one if Miami is full strength.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't ever wish bad luck on our team but honestly sometimes for things to change in the corporate decision making shit has to hit the fan. Happened to TFC before and needs to again to be honest for things to change and get better. If the team all of a sudden make a slight push and that takes any pressure off making the needed changes then that does not do anyone any good in the long term.
    This is where I am at too. The worst thing that could happen is a late season push like 6-2-2 as it might give Manning an excuse to keep Curtis and continue to ride the dead weight of our roster. At this point we'd be better off long term if we historically tank this whole season. Maybe even lose to York as a cherry on top.

I also agree we lose this one to Miami. I say 2-1 to a late goal. We haven't done any of those in a while but probably because we never have a lead or draw going late on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember a few months ago we were all making fun of Miami and how bad Phil Neville is. They're now on 29 points and a run that could get them into the playoffs and we're...well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    This team is making it harder and harder to watch games. My PTSD is fully on and I almost expect a loss every game now. There is no heart and no pride at the moment. That being said it is MLS so we probably win 4-3.
    I’ve phoned it in for the year. I’ll watch if I happen to be free but I won’t PVR the games or go out of my way to try and watch the way I would before.

Following this team right now seems like an exercise in aggravation. When the club shows what it’s going to do to fix its subpar management team and subsequently starts to work on the roster, I’ll tune back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this at BMO?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the midfield and fullback positions we have some options at least...nothing at forward/striker and nothing in central defence. What we have playing is the best we have and we don't even have an injury excuse for CB position like we do up top. That is the worst part. Gonzalez really seems useless this year. Mavinga doesn't seem to have his head in the game. Zavaleta is Zavaleta and maybe the better option right now....then what. Just pathetic. How many goals have gone in recently because of the lack of organization or guys just plain standing still on defence. Our results won't change with that the way it is. Westburg must be losing his shit on these guys for leaving him hanging out to dry so many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't watch these games anymore. It's too painful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    We need a win badly. Bradley needs to start on the bench. Mullins and Dwyer need to be sent down to TFC 2. If Mavinga's head is into it, send him packing. Too many mistakes this year from a player as talented as him.
    Westburg
    Laryea Gonzales Mavinga Morrow
    Delgado
    Pozuelo Osorio Soltado
    Marshall-Rutty Achara
    I'm not going to say we need a win at this point as the season is now meaningless but if we wanted to look at least like we want to compete then I would say

Westburg
    Laryea Lawrence Morrow Mavinga Auro
    Osorio
    Schaff Pozuelo Solteldo
    Achara

Still lose but probably more entertaining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'm not going to say we need a win at this point as the season is now meaningless but if we wanted to look at least like we want to compete then I would say

Westburg
    Laryea Lawrence Morrow Mavinga Auro
    Osorio
    Schaff Pozuelo Solteldo
    Achara

Still lose but probably more entertaining
    You are in the right track

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    For the midfield and fullback positions we have some options at least...nothing at forward/striker and nothing in central defence. What we have playing is the best we have and we don't even have an injury excuse for CB position like we do up top. That is the worst part. Gonzalez really seems useless this year. Mavinga doesn't seem to have his head in the game. Zavaleta is Zavaleta and maybe the better option right now....then what. Just pathetic. How many goals have gone in recently because of the lack of organization or guys just plain standing still on defence. Our results won't change with that the way it is. Westburg must be losing his shit on these guys for leaving him hanging out to dry so many times.
    I'll say it once and I'll say it again. MLS CB is a position you either get lucky at or develop from the academy (which come to think of it, is mostly luck due to 90 percent of academy players not making to senior team). It's not a position you can buy a good player with. Even if you are willing to buy Varane, he might not be willing to leave UEFA competitions.

We're terrible at developing CBs, and frankly, Canada has struggled with developing center backs outside of expats in Europe. Nearly every team that managed to develop a defensive core invested heavily into their academy and player development. Whether it's Ali or the next GM or president, there needs to be a deep look into player development at Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they can score a goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Is this at BMO?

Uh, yes, indeed it will be down at the place near the lake where we make mistakes

Based on recent experience, I'd say Poz is out for (insert meme here) - don't expect to see him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is proof of vaccination required tomorrow night? I know MLSE announced it would beginning with the September games but then the province has mandated it starting on the 22nd?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is proof of vaccination required tomorrow night? I know MLSE announced it would beginning with the September games but then the province has mandated it starting on the 22nd?

they sent an email clarifying not required until sept 22

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, yes, indeed it will be down at the place near the lake where we make mistakes

Based on recent experience, I'd say Poz is out for (insert meme here) - don't expect to see him.

That was intended to be a joke...

I've decided not to go - although the crowd will likely be sparse, i am personally not comfortable from a COVID perspective. I only realized this after going to the CMNT v Honduras. Didnt go to the second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    hahahaahhaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If the lineup is anything like Saturday then I would expect another 2-0 score line, maybe 3-0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the reaction of your dog before this game?

I guess the worst thing can happen is no reaction at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Miami flew in last night

My dog remains ...unimpressed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go people....

its all downhill from here ( I want to believe, I really do but...)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go people....

its all downhill from here ( I want to believe, I really do but...)
    I will be very curious to see how many are in the building tonight, especially with the Jays also at home and are on fire? For some the only highlight would be if Sir David is in attendance. LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be very curious to see how many are in the building tonight, especially with the Jays also at home and are on fire? For some the only highlight would be if Sir David is in attendance. LOL
    I think its going to be a very small crowd tonight. Too many reasons for people not to attend... poor on field performance, short ticket window, fan apathy and shitty weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were a fan of both sports and each ticket was (for an example) 40-50 bucks, you'd be foolish not to attend the Jays game. I'll watch the TFC game on TV because there are only one or two a week and I know I'll miss them when November rolls around. If I lived in Toronto and had an option to attending one live, I'd be in the Dome. The Jays have so much momentum right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole westside is EMPTY LOL.

I was considering but changed my mind over the weekend- i rather have Team canada last two games in my mind @ BMO and rather than a terrible performance.

I can reflect on the 3-0 Win or the 1-1 draw and how fun and hype it was to be part of a meaningful game where the team leaves their passion on the field.

definitely writing to my rep to send a message to the board about how the last three seasons have been run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going, but there again I'm Welsh so being miserable and wet is perfection.

But man what has happened to this team, it is quite the spectacle to see how bad they are.