Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was one of the most egregious goal calls I've ever seen. The ball was in by a couple of feet. Really pisses me off. Hope they don't lay off the league and reffing for that. What is the point of VAR if it can't get the obvious misses, on a goal no less?!! Instead we're debating millimeters on offside calls. Brutal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That was one of the most egregious goal calls I've ever seen. The ball was in by a couple of feet. Really pisses me off. Hope they don't lay off the league and reffing for that. What is the point of VAR if it can't get the obvious misses, on a goal no less?!! Instead we're debating millimeters on offside calls. Brutal.
    This isnt just a VAR issue but a referring issue. What is the point of having a referee looking right at the play if he cannot make the call? On both calls! How on earth could he miss the goal? It was clear live too. Simply no excuse - and i wonder if part of this isnt VAR casuing referees to not actually referee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This isnt just a VAR issue but a referring issue. What is the point of having a referee looking right at the play if he cannot make the call? On both calls! How on earth could he miss the goal? It was clear live too. Simply no excuse - and i wonder if part of this isnt VAR casuing referees to not actually referee.
    Yeah it was all just plain bad.

Could have been a 6 point swing in the playoff races too. I'd be pissed if I was one of those teams on the bubble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the league has gotten better,the refs have gotten worse,the donkeys they parade out there on a weekly basis is a joke.
    i iddnt know miami was part of concacaf,because we got concacafed last night,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree.

Ironically, a couple of weeks ago I was watching a college football game and basically the same thing happened. Called touchdown on the field but when you looked at the replays you had every hint to suggest the player was down at the 2 yard line but there was no 100% clear camera angle. Well, the officials in that case actually used common sense and said when you pieced all the evidence together it was clear the call on the field has to change.

MLS officials are a bunch of pointy-headed idiots who know the rules for everything but get the subtleties of actually doing the job entirely wrong. Shit like this, persistent infringement, and a whole host of other things our officials consistently screw up, because we employ a bunch of guys who live in their own heads and don’t see what is happening right in front of them or anticipate the play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A league run by donkeys.

This message board is the only reason I even slightly care about TFC anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    A league run by donkeys.

This message board is the only reason I even slightly care about TFC anymore.
    Unbelievable. The second one especially. It's a foot over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this is a tfc supporters board,not a bandwagon board,yes its a shit season,one game away from SS last season 3 of 4 years in the finals,time for a rebuild and im looking forward to it,#curtisout

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should just put Curtis in charge of PRO. That's his level.

And theirs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

And theirs.
    VAR calls will get decided "within two weeks"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Soteldo played very well, and you missed a terrific game. TFC were excellent and actually won. ( Although Miami might be able to tie on the penalty retake when it is retaken). Look at the stats - we edged the game with ten men. Superb. All for one.
    I agree! Plus as you said earlier, the dynamic of the game totally changes if the Shaffelburg goal had counted as it should. And that must have been demoralizing. TFC were controlling large parts of the game. Up a goal the games is different, you don't have to push forward as much, you don't leave your defence exposed etc (and you're more likely to get another goal for TFC on a counter).

Yeah the season still sucks, management and team still needs an overhaul. But the mentality and effort was totally different last night. I hope they remember that and build on it, so we can more honestly assess their abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree! Plus as you said earlier, the dynamic of the game totally changes if the Shaffelburg goal had counted as it should. And that must have been demoralizing. TFC were controlling large parts of the game. Up a goal the games is different, you don't have to push forward as much, you don't leave your defence exposed etc (and you're more likely to get another goal for TFC on a counter).

Yeah the season still sucks, management and team still needs an overhaul. But the mentality and effort was totally different last night. I hope they remember that and build on it, so we can more honestly assess their abilities.
    That was a nice little back heel to Laryea from Soteldo. If Laryea hit it first time it was a goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo was more direct last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s give a shout-out to Shaffelburg for last night. That was a starter-quality performance and one that should raise his spot on the depth chart.

We need to find him more time on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s give a shout-out to Shaffelburg for last night. That was a starter-quality performance and one that should raise his spot on the depth chart.

We need to find him more time on the field.
    Until last night I thought the flashes of excellence he showed last year were just that as he was all speed, no end product. Last night he really looked the business, in the same way Osorio stepped up a gear a few years back.

He was really, really dangerous all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Until last night I thought the flashes of excellence he showed last year were just that as he was all speed, no end product. Last night he really looked the business, in the same way Osorio stepped up a gear a few years back.

He was really, really dangerous all night.
    He looks a little more cultured now in his movements and doesn’t just run in a straight line towards the fullback. Always thought his service was decent but his sense of when to play that ball in behind is sometimes mechanical as opposed to called for based on the runners in the box.

I would say he’s somewhere in between Priso and Okello in terms of game readiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t help but wonder if the change in attitude and work rate had something to do with benching Gonzalez, regardless of who was available. It would be pretty hard as a teammate to watch him fuck up constantly and then hear him blaming everyone else in the press. Mavinga was much more like his old self last night. I can’t image it’s easy being the only decent cb on a team full of shit ones that have no business on the field anymore(or ever) at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that MLS had goal line technology. I'm sorry, did I forget that we're in 2021?

If that happened in any top league in Europe you would have a full blown riot, a decision like that can literally cost a club 100's of millions in a league like the EPL.

It's criminal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I was under the impression that MLS had goal line technology. I'm sorry, did I forget that we're in 2021?

If that happened in any top league in Europe you would have a full blown riot, a decision like that can literally cost a club 100's of millions in a league like the EPL.

It's criminal.
    Infact, there's very few leagues that actually use goal line technology.

And even when it's used, it still doesn't always award a goal as intended.

"The system came under scrutiny in June 2020 after a Premier League match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United as the technology failed to award a goal for Sheffield United despite the fact that Aston Villa goalkeeper Ørjan Nyland had carried the ball over the goal line after mishandling a free kick from Sheffield United's Oliver Norwood by colliding with teammate Keinan Davis.[67] As no goal was signalled, the match officials decided not to let VAR intervene.[68]Hawk-Eye apologised, explaining the failure as due to an anomalous amount of occlusion of its cameras' view of the incident."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal-line_technology

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And theirs.

hahahahahahaha. Brilliant, sir.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Infact, there's very few leagues that actually use goal line technology.

And even when it's used, it still doesn't always award a goal as intended.

"The system came under scrutiny in June 2020 after a Premier League match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United as the technology failed to award a goal for Sheffield United despite the fact that Aston Villa goalkeeper Ørjan Nyland had carried the ball over the goal line after mishandling a free kick from Sheffield United's Oliver Norwood by colliding with teammate Keinan Davis.[67] As no goal was signalled, the match officials decided not to let VAR intervene.[68]Hawk-Eye apologised, explaining the failure as due to an anomalous amount of occlusion of its cameras' view of the incident."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal-line_technology
    Didn't the same thing happen with Ronaldo's disallowed goal for Portugal vs Serbia this summer. It wasn't reviewed because there was no VAR in the game? or I assume goal line technology?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And theirs.
    I genuinely believe that is why he will never criticize. It is his only landing place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright! So PRO has now released it's Inside Video Review feature for weeks 25& 26, which includes the Miami match.

The call in question starts at the 7:55 mark of the clip.

You will note one of the VAR officials determine they cannot recommend a review, as there is no conclusive evidence (camera angle) showing the ball had fully crossed the line.

So there you have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinDSs-PaWQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright! So PRO has now released it's Inside Video Review feature for weeks 25& 26, which includes the Miami match.

You will note one of the VAR officials determine they cannot recommend a review, as there is no conclusive evidence (camera angle) showing the ball had fully crossed the line.

So there you have it

Given that the body hiding the ball is already a foot inside the goal, the laws of physics make a mockery of that ruling, as Charlie Davies pointed out on MLSsoccer.com. That's conclusive. Conclusive is not synonymous with "perfectly visible."

The obstruction to viewing the ball is already in a position where it is impossible for it to be anything BUT in the goal, as you can see grass between the goal line and said body.

I mean, they can spin the letter of the law to say "we couldn't" but they have discretion to use common sense and didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given that the body hiding the ball is already a foot inside the goal, the laws of physics make a mockery of that ruling, as Charlie Davies pointed out on MLSsoccer.com. That's conclusive. Conclusive is not synonymous with "perfectly visible."

The obstruction to viewing the ball is already in a position where it is impossible for it to be anything BUT in the goal, as you can see grass between the goal line and said body.

I mean, they can spin the letter of the law to say "we couldn't" but they have discretion to use common sense and didn't.
    Let’s hope none of these idiots ever end up on jury duty. “Oh sure we can see him leave the house with a red substance on his hands but without a better camera angle of the incident we can only accept the defendants explanation it was just spaghetti sauce”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there you have it

But PRO is missing the bigger issue, if the ref had been watching the play closely. He would have called it a goal, it was obvious to anyone paying attention. It is shambolic than no one on the field called it a goal right away. VAR then would only be needed to overturn a good goal. The goal was as clear as the penalty encroachment oh the same REF missed that as well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be the type of play that gets goal line technology installed for next season. Imagine if we were better and missed the playoffs by a point. Can't have that. I actually don't have an issue with how VAR handled it. Can kind of tell the guy knows it's past the line, but he can't prove it 100% since only one angle has a view of the ball but there's a possibility that part of it is still above the line (even though you see some green, the side part of the ball that doesn't touch the ground still counts and can't fully determine if that's fully past based on a front angle)