Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was humiliating. Phuck do we suck. Imagine if we didn't have the highet payroll in all of the MLS? Would we be pointless right now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    That was humiliating. Phuck do we suck. Imagine if we didn't have the highet payroll in all of the MLS? Would we be pointless right now?
    I still argue we'd be better. If we used all the kids I bet we'd at least win or draw a couple matches. At this rate we finish the season on 15 points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC FO already will have enough challenges during the pandemic getting tickets sold and initially they were getting a bit of help from weather still being good and people just wanting to get out of the house for something to do. As the weather gets colder and team continues to tank I wonder how their latest push in ticket sales are going. Most, if not all of us, remember how empty the stands starting getting right before the Bloody Big Deal happened and Day 1 prices came in when TL was hired. Tragically we are going to be going back to that. Joke of the league again. All teams needing to pick up points for their playoff push will be looking forward to playing us. Pretty damn sad. We know the low times and the high times and many of us will still be here on the next upswing if we get one but these are the rough times. And to have such an expensive roster too. Such mismanagement....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So TFC FO already will have enough challenges during the pandemic getting tickets sold and initially they were getting a bit of help from weather still being good and people just wanting to get out of the house for something to do. As the weather gets colder and team continues to tank I wonder how their latest push in ticket sales are going. Most, if not all of us, remember how empty the stands starting getting right before the Bloody Big Deal happened and Day 1 prices came in when TL was hired. Tragically we are going to be going back to that. Joke of the league again. All teams needing to pick up points for their playoff push will be looking forward to playing us. Pretty damn sad. We know the low times and the high times and many of us will still be here on the next upswing if we get one but these are the rough times. And to have such an expensive roster too. Such mismanagement....
    It’s certainly a bleak situation right now, we can only hope that Leweike 2.0 is coming!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Team flew back last night ahead of game within 72 hours of the last one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we only had piatti

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to the delusional interviews mention above, you have to add the delusional Manning interview mentioned in the Manning thread. I didn't have a chance to respond there yet, and I don't want to sidetrack this thread with the Manning quotes. But to me the interviews all kind of fit together to give a picture that isn't good.

It's a fine line, especially for coach and management. You need to get across that you know the situation is dire; that you are taking things seriously and will try to turn things around. But you still want to motivate the players (and the fans). It doesn't help to throw players under the bus especially individually, and the problems go much further than any individual player. Even for those players that will be leaving, you want to motivate them to play their best, or you won't get any value for them in a trade -- if anyone will even take them off your hands.

So far I think they are doing extremely badly with the messaging. Better to say yeah we know we kinda suck right now, but we're gonna be plucky, we're gonna be the happy underdogs, we're gonna ruin the playoff chances for a couple of other teams, we're gonna get some other coaches fired, and we're gonna try hard no matter what.

Stop with the "we're better than this; we're unlucky; on Tuesday we're gonna turn it all around." It's effin' ridiculous.

I think a couple of players actually tried yesterday, even if they didn't necessarily play well. I'm thinking of Westberg, Auro, Achara, plus Morrow and Endoh at least for stretches. The subs that came on didn't impress me, although JMR showed some flashes for the future.

I remember Bradley doing well near the end, racing back to help prevent a goal, and that reminded me of the good old days. But too many other times he was drifting. I am being harsher with Bradley than with others because I expect more; his salary is still quite high and he's the captain. But I just don't think he can motivate this bunch anymore, neither with words nor by example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if we only had piatti
    I agree. Only player missing from last years Supporter's Shield runner's up team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if we only had piatti
    Hahahhahha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I agree. Only player missing from last years Supporter's Shield runner's up team.
    Given that we fell to pieces without Pozuelo and lost a nine-point lead when he was out, from which we never recovered, I'd say "rundown" more accurately describes our efforts.

Sort of describes the roster, come to think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does Curtis still have a job this morning after the latest loss?

Barely any fans in the stands either.

Are Curtis and Manning, the incompetent duo, the hill MLSE wants to die on by staying with these two club destroying hacks?

PS Mind you, all with the highest payroll in all of the mls....talk about zero value for dollar.