0 Thread(s)

i think we would have done better if we played a better team

it was pride vs not-so-much-pride, and pride won

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was almost a Neymar number of rolls by Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is so ready to criticize but never presents any ways to fix the problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Rutty playing fullback?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Caldwell is so ready to criticize but never presents any ways to fix the problems.

His bit about "bringing back what used to be" sounded a lot like an audition tape.

I'm vaguely wondering if Caldwell might actually be helpful as a d line coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar is just total shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    His bit about "bringing back what used to be" sounded a lot like an audition tape.

I'm vaguely wondering if Caldwell might actually be helpful as a d line coach.
    Well Herdman fired him, so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire everyone

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTFC is back.

Good night!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad that these threads tend to go downhill after the picture of my dog....

Truth...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a top-to-bottom culture change in the offseason. These players are just playing out the string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achara working hard but he’s not good enough yet to start in MLS.

Fucking dreadful performances.

Just can’t believe they care, there’s so little aegis, so little urgency. It’s embarrassing the badge.

Clean fucking house. Keep Jonny O, Ralph and Auro, everyone else should be worried about getting cut or traded .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea why YouTube just gave me this video as one of my top recommendations, I've never seen it before, but it seems to fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I have no idea why YouTube just gave me this video as one of my top recommendations, I've never seen it before, but it seems to fit.

Seems appropriate!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, YouTube recommendations on a roll tonight!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody really needs to step in & have them stop lying to us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad I didn't purchase any tickets for the remaining games. Perhaps an empty stadium will prompt MLSE to make some changes.

The next time I will be at BMO will be for the CMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably did though, in that they have nothing left.

This much losing is tough to shake off, even moreso when you are already ill-equipped for the season thanks to your GM's incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    In other news, Jay's just tied Yankees for the final playoff spot and are playing on Sportsnet now
    Who cares. Would rather watch a shitty TFC team than torture myself watching baseball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...is there anyone worth it for the MLS Number 1 draft pick? Usually never is but who knows
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    ...is there anyone worth it for the MLS Number 1 draft pick? Usually never is but who knows
    We dont even get the 1st pick overall, because of 2 new expansion teams entering next season, it will be 3rd best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many tiers of delusion in this quote from Dwyer, it's hard to know where to start:

“I would say it’s better to be lucky than good and I think luck is not on our side right now and sometimes when it rains, it pours and that seems to be the case for us right now,” Dwyer added.

“We need, of course, to put the responsibility on ourselves and veteran players like myself, we take responsibility to keep the group together and get back to work on Tuesday. I’ve been in this difficult position before. I’ve been with teams that have breezed into the playoffs and I’ve been with teams that have not made it into the playoffs and I would say this is a very, very talented group. We look around the locker room at each other and we see how much quality we have. We’re frustrated as well and it’s up to us to get things together and get us back on the right path and we’ll do everything we can to do that.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody really needs to step in & have them stop lying to us
    Really? Really? WTF?

If he really said that, I've lost any respect I ever had for this dude.
    He's just a lame ass duck, like Curtis and Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Who cares. Would rather watch a shitty TFC team than torture myself watching baseball.
    Same here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So many tiers of delusion in this quote from Dwyer, it's hard to know where to start:

“I would say it’s better to be lucky than good and I think luck is not on our side right now and sometimes when it rains, it pours and that seems to be the case for us right now,” Dwyer added.

“We need, of course, to put the responsibility on ourselves and veteran players like myself, we take responsibility to keep the group together and get back to work on Tuesday. I’ve been in this difficult position before. I’ve been with teams that have breezed into the playoffs and I’ve been with teams that have not made it into the playoffs and I would say this is a very, very talented group. We look around the locker room at each other and we see how much quality we have. We’re frustrated as well and it’s up to us to get things together and get us back on the right path and we’ll do everything we can to do that.”
    It’s a group that WAS talented. Not IS.

In a losing team, everything goes wrong. But you also lose that magic of doing well from everyone just doing their own job really well. Some people try to do too much and others give up. The magic vanishes. I’ve been on winning teams and losing teams and know both feelings.

We have a bad team because our roster is constructed badly. The fact that we got off to a terrible start under Armas did not help but it isn’t just that, because we did get the new coach bounce. We are just bad. No defence. No scoring. A new DP that doesn’t address either issue. A luxury player in a team that needed to fix the basics, but didn’t. That makes a bad team.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-12-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It’s a group that WAS talented. Not IS.

In a losing team, everything goes wrong. But you also lose that magic of doing well from everyone just doing their own job really well. Some people try to do too much and others give up. The magic vanishes. I’ve been on winning teams and losing teams and know both feelings.

We have a bad team because our roster is constructed badly. The fact that we got off to a terrible start under Armas did not help but it isn’t just that, because we did get the new coach bounce. We are just bad. No defence. No scoring. A new DP that doesn’t address either issue. A luxury player in a team that needed to fix the basics, but didn’t. That makes a bad team.
    Spot on!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, its been a cascading effect that started with our defence & has just spread all over the pitch. Caldwell hinted at this last night when he said people should be fighting for their jobs for next season, but are not. Only guy I have not seen lose focus is Westberg.

Manning strongly hinted at him looking at people in terms of are they staying in his interview this week when he talked about next season being time to move on from the team that was. Curtis can't say this because he's tied to the team being what it is this season - I would be shocked if he's not let go. Perez should be saying it but he seems to have gone down the rabbit hole of "these are my guys".

The group is unsalvageable & needs to be almost completely turned over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, its been a cascading effect that started with our defence & has just spread all over the pitch. Caldwell hinted at this last night when he said people should be fighting for their jobs for next season, but are not. Only guy I have not seen lose focus is Westberg.

Manning strongly hinted at him looking at people in terms of are they staying in his interview this week when he talked about next season being time to move on from the team that was. Curtis can't say this because he's tied to the team being what it is this season - I would be shocked if he's not let go. Perez should be saying it but he seems to have gone down the rabbit hole of "these are my guys".

The group is unsalvageable & needs to be almost completely turned over.
    Perez seems to be protecting the players in public - no way to see what he is doing in private.

Unfortunately, it starts with MB. This was his team and he has been a massive servant - still is - but as the defining presence on a team that has gone sour, I think it’s time for him to retire.

One of the challenges in disassembling a roster when results are bad is that you don’t get value. Moving Marky, for example, would have got an elite CB from the right team. Not now. No value in DeLeon Dwyer etc even though DeLeon and Mullins are serviceable.

Going from the bottom this time won’t be easy. Who do you build around? And to add to the complications, it smells like Poz and Soteldo want to go. Cant blame them, really.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Going from the bottom this time won’t be easy. Who do you build around? And to add to the complications, it smells like Poz and Soteldo want to go. Cant blame them, really.

A lot of good points.

I just want to pick up on this last one.

Whoever the new coach is has to come in with a plan to use the best players on the team the best way they play - Vanney did that with Chicarito & it set the tone.

To me, Poz & Soteldo would be at their best with a number of young target man #9's to pass to & who will layoff around them. Akinola can be one -we need 2 more. Achara isn't it.

The other big need is a boss man CB - there are a heck of a lot more of those around in Europe & Argentina that would be cheaper then 1 mill a year.

Everything else builds from there.