Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
Interesting article. Do you think TFC does this:

“There were a number of players from South America – Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay – whose names we put down as early priorities. The profiles of the players drives where we look. They could come from anywhere in the world, we’re just trying to be specific about where they are in the team.”

I'm guessing no. We see who is available and figure out how to fit them in a team.
He's done so little that wasn't essentially gift-wrapped or poorly timed that I have no idea what his plan is. But given how we addressed our two most serious shortages -- of a decent center half and a striker -- by buying a winger for $6M, it doesn't seem he has a plan at all.

Why release Zavaleta after his deal was up just to re-sign him? If he was good enough, we'd have offered the minimal deal immediately. Instead, he waited three months, suggesting he couldn't get anyone else.

I think lots of us like Mullins and DeLeon for work ethic, but neither is adding much. Dwyer was clearly -- clearly -- crocked at Orlando and contributing nothing there. Why he thought that would change...

I think he sees himself as a value guy, who sees value where others don't. Which is just extraordinarily arrogant when we're talking about such known commodities.

He got us Lawrence, a straight-up defensive fullback, then got a speedy winger who would be best paired with a wingback who overlaps. I mean, we might as well use Lawrence at center half, where he played sometimes for NYRB, for all the good he does us out wide.

If there's a plan there, it's one that gets thrown out on a moment's anxiety.