Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well if this UK research on the Pfizer & AZ vaccines that CP24 is reporting is correct (both lose effectiveness against Delta in 3 months) then this whole thing doesn't matter and they should lock it all down again anyway.
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/pfi...nt-51629378855
    Looks like it drops from a 92% efficacy to a 78% efficacy. So not as high, but still quite effective for a vaccine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/pfi...nt-51629378855
    Looks like it drops from a 92% efficacy to a 78% efficacy. So not as high, but still quite effective for a vaccine.
    But it says this on the last line:

The study also found that people infected with Delta who had received any vaccine had similar peak levels of virus as infected people who had not been vaccinated. That has “potential implications for onward transmission risk,” the authors wrote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The study also found that people infected with Delta who had received any vaccine had similar peak levels of virus as infected people who had not been vaccinated. That has “potential implications for onward transmission risk,” the authors wrote.
    Agreed, but a 78% efficacy is still quite strong of a response for a vaccine. A normal flu vaccine is only 40%-60%.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CDC reported similar things a month or two ago. However two important facts that make this less a worry than some try to make it:

- You still need to be infected before you can infect anyone else. For the last month or two in Ontario, the fully vaccinated are about 8 times less likely to get infected as the unvaccinated. Maybe the ratio drops to 5:1 or something like that after a while, but there's still way less spread if more people are vaccinated.

- The peak virus levels might be similar in the vaccinated, but they last for a far shorter time. The vaccines don't stop the virus outside of the body; the virus gets into the respiratory system, and the vaccinated can more quickly build antibodies to defeat it. Other studies have shown that the few fully vaccinated that do get infected, are infectious for a much shorter period than the unvaccinated, therefore reducing spread.

We've always know we're going to need boosters; the US is now saying after 8 months. LTC and immunocompromised perhaps earlier. As noxx98 mentioned, the efficiacy is still quite good: some are displaying the latest UK info as an all-or-nothing issue. The FDA and CDC had actually set 50% efficacy as the lower limit for the initial vaccine approval, so we're still doing well (but the virus is also getting more efficient). The boosters will get better, and may eventually get rolled into a yearly flu shot. Vaccines are still a big part of getting out of this.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 08-19-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Agreed, but a 78% efficacy is still quite strong of a response for a vaccine. A normal flu vaccine is only 40%-60%.
    I think the reporting today is saying that after 3 months it will continue to drop. Question is by how much and how fast? They don't know as we're living in the phase 4 trial right now. I assume it will continue to reduce the chance of severe illness but for how long? Does that fade as well?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reporting today is saying that after 3 months it will continue to drop. Question is by how much and how fast? They don't know as we're living in the phase 4 trial right now. I assume it will continue to reduce the chance of severe illness but for how long? Does that fade as well?
    So a booster will be required at some point. US is looking at probably 8 months, no news from Canada yet (apart from Ontario's announcement of certain particularly vulnerable populations).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-19-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an adult I think it's a reasonable request in today's political climate to demand vaccines. Especially since masks have pretty much been unenforced.
    However, if this applies to all fans 12+, i think it's a bit much. Also how will one prove they have an exemption? Also who is checking status?
    On paper this looks great, in practice I don't think it'll be that easy, but we'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The move by the province yesterday to make vaccines or exemption status mandatory for provincial workers has given every business in Ontario cover to do the same.

Once this is enforced within workplaces, it is going to spread to patrons at restaurants & venues where people are there more then 15 minutes.

I predict this is the new norm by Oct 1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caveat - this is according to literal pillow talk from the Ontario government's communication head to a Toronto Sun columnist (no, I'm not kidding - the columnist left his wife for the communications person & now he gets all the scoops about Queen's Park)

Vaccine certificates in certain venues by Sept 22 - full app in place by mid October. Outdoor sporting events do not require but can use the system if they so choose.

MLSE will likely wait for the app but its coming.

If you haven't had your shot & want to go to BMO, best to get it now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier then I thought

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Earlier then I thought
    Woohoo, I’ll be back! (Although I realize there won’t be many games left this season!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the night of YorkU @ TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgive my ignorance, but to gain entry to a game,is it just a case of bringing the print outs you got when I got my vaccines, or is there some easier way of proving it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but to gain entry to a game,is it just a case of bringing the print outs you got when I got my vaccines, or is there some easier way of proving it.
    The printout or the PDF on your phone will suffice until the App with the QR code is released in October

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Sept 22 the official day when they will require anything? For example, for the Sept 18 game, will we require proof of vaccination and/or negative test result, or will we get in with neither?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andre99 View Post
    Is Sept 22 the official day when they will require anything? For example, for the Sept 18 game, will we require proof of vaccination and/or negative test result, or will we get in with neither?

Until Sept 22, its either proof of vaccination or negative test result - if you have neither, you do not get in.

As of Sept 22, its proof of vaccination or a medical clearance (VERY difficult to get in Ontario btw - you basically have to prove you have seen an Ontario doctor & proved to him/her/they that you have an allergic reaction to vaccines)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until Sept 22, its either proof of vaccination or negative test result - if you have neither, you do not get in.

As of Sept 22, its proof of vaccination or a medical clearance (VERY difficult to get in Ontario btw - you basically have to prove you have seen an Ontario doctor & proved to him/her/they that you have an allergic reaction to vaccines)
    Thanks. I didn't know that we needed anything before Sept 22. Is there an official statement? What proof is satisfactory? Is the printout they give you at Shopper's sufficient?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most organizations are fine with the PDF file provided by the province as proof of second vaccination shown from your phone.

The site to download the vaccination receipts is the same one to book a vaccination.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19...ation-receipts

FYI - for anybody who has questions about the vax and/or people they go to games with have questions, Scarborough Hospital is running a program where people can talk to a doctor about the vaccine. There's a lot of information out there but the one thing everybody says is talk to a doctor before you make a decision. This line is free & non-judgemental. They get it - people can be worried about things they have heard. Talk to a pro - they can help you navigate through all the information out there.

https://shn.ca/vaxfacts/
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-08-2021 at 08:42 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the UPS Store shrink my vaccination record down to wallet size and laminated it. Fits perfectly in my wallet and as of now goes everywhere I go. Cost me all of about $7.

Most organizations are fine with the PDF file provided by the province as proof of second vaccination shown from your phone.

The site to download the vaccination receipts is the same one to book a vaccination.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19...ation-receipts

FYI - for anybody who has questions about the vax and/or people they go to games with have questions, Scarborough Hospital is running a program where people can talk to a doctor about the vaccine. There's a lot of information out there but the one thing everybody says is talk to a doctor before you make a decision. This line is free & non-judgemental. They get it - people can be worried about things they have heard. Talk to a pro - they can help you navigate through all the information out there.

https://shn.ca/vaxfacts/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Red CB Toronto;1943867]I had the UPS Store shrink my vaccination record down to wallet size and laminated it. Fits perfectly in my wallet and as of now goes everywhere I go. Cost me all of about $7.

That is a great idea but you are sharing a lot of personal info by posting the pic you should maybe edit the pic to cover the personal bits