Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UPDATEDMLSE has announced be vaccinated to attend events.

This is great to see, stay healthy and safe everyone.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know different orgs but I hope this will be true for CMNT as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I know different orgs but I hope this will be true for CMNT as well.
    It's the venue, so fully expect it to be in effect for the Canada games, at least the October one and beyond. The big difference between BMO Field and Scotiabank Arena is that the city owns the stadium, so it could fall under a different mandate, but it seems MLSE is taking blanket approach. Even Real Sports Bar and Grill falls under this decision.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the one venue who can do this in town & anti-vaxxers can't google rating them to death.

Coming to a bar near you.

(As a person who does a rapid test twice a week for work purposes, its no biggie but the vaccine is even less of a biggie)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is the one venue who can do this in town & anti-vaxxers can't google rating them to death.

Coming to a bar near you.

(As a person who does a rapid test twice a week for work purposes, its no biggie but the vaccine is even less of a biggie)
    I will be curious to see if they require the PCR or rapid test. Big difference in the amount that comes out of your pocket. If its rapid they could offer it in the parking lot outside BMO I guess for $50 or whatever.

I do hope that something is done for under 11 kids, they simply can not get vaccinated at this point. Abbott rapid tests really do not cost all the much. They could do those for kids, heck someone may even sponsor that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m happy to see this announced! Too bad they didn’t make it simpler like the Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers, who are allowing only double-vaxxed to attend, with medical exceptions I presume. There are issues around rapid test reliability, how quickly the Delta variant can infect, and more. However perhaps it’s just a less contentious topic in Manitoba, where they already have a provincial COVID vaccine ID.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better late than never!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I’m happy to see this announced! Too bad they didn’t make it simpler like the Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers, who are allowing only double-vaxxed to attend, with medical exceptions I presume. There are issues around rapid test reliability, how quickly the Delta variant can infect, and more. However perhaps it’s just a less contentious topic in Manitoba, where they already have a provincial COVID vaccine ID.

Oh that mandate is coming - tonight PCPO mandated it for their MPP's. Going to be hard to justify at that workplace but not for the rest of us.

I think this changes before September ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I would assume the stadium can be at full capacity and no masks mandated then if everyone is negative right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be fully faxed and still get covid so it can still be in the stadium-is a mask really that hard

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live Nation Canada has announced that you will have to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative test to attend any of the concerts they put on.

https://www.cp24.com/entertainment-n...erts-1.5551479

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    You can be fully faxed and still get covid so it can still be in the stadium-is a mask really that hard
    I do have sympathy for this line of reasoning but...this will remain true literally for the rest of our lives. We'll never get a better set of circumstances than 'covid exists, but we're vaccinated', so do we keep the masks forever? I don't see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I do have sympathy for this line of reasoning but...this will remain true literally for the rest of our lives. We'll never get a better set of circumstances than 'covid exists, but we're vaccinated', so do we keep the masks forever? I don't see it
    Let's wait until kids can be vaxxed before we start applying this logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the sentiment but not as we are starting a fourth wave.

If there had been more masking buy in, more vax buy in from the start this would have been done by now.

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though you can get COVID after you've been vaccinated, the likelihood is much lower. It also significantly decreases the likelihood of severe outcomes (e.g., hospitalization, ICU, death). Here's the Ontario numbers for case count by vaccination status over the past week:

Sunlife also announced that they'll require vaccination or daily testing for people returning to the office in their pilot program: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...-to-return-to/

I think we will increasingly see organizations take this stance, good to see MLSE being one of the first in Canada (or at least Ontario).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are really moving quickly now as Ontario to give third 'booster' COVID-19 vaccine doses to vulnerable groups; 11-year-olds can now get a shot.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-to...shot-1.5550389

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Let's wait until kids can be vaxxed before we start applying this logic.
    Yep that's totally fair, and I'm not throwing away my mask any time soon, more saying if we're expecting to eliminate covid at some point - it isn't happening. Whatever we return too it'll be a life with covid in the community and we need to find a way to work with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brave New World is not that far around the corner. You all cheer for mandatory requirements, yet none of the companies are held liable for adverse affects. We're already heading down a slippery slope.

FYI I got the shot, but no-one should be comfortable with unaccountable pharmaceutical companies, along with unchecked government powers.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-18-2021 at 10:11 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll believe it when it's put into place. Noone has come up with a secure way to provide proof of vax. That pdf can be faked in about 20 seconds.
    I do think the policy is fair. But they moved the goalposts to mid-September, and have left alot of details out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Brave New World is not that far around the corner. You all cheer for mandatory requirements, yet none of the companies are held liable for adverse affects. We're already heading down a slippery slope.

FYI I got the shot, but no-one should be comfortable with unaccountable pharmaceutical companies, along with unchecked government powers.
    The flip side of this is that if companies like MLSE don't require vaccines, and a customer dies from covid or develops long covid, case law strongly suggests a successful lawsuit on the basis of negligence. From a legal standpoint, front-facing staff should be vaccinated, also people in crowded events, not requiring that is negligence during a pandemic when vaccines are available and recommended by Federal and Provincial health authorities. I'm not a lawyer, but I sat on corporate Health and Safety committees for years. The law is pretty straightforward.

People who have regular seizures are not allowed to drive. That didn't lead to a "slippery slope" of anything. But it has saved lives because some people don't take basic responsibility for others.
    Driving, like attending TFC games is not a basic human right, but a privilege.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-18-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    So I would assume the stadium can be at full capacity and no masks mandated then if everyone is negative right?

Not yet

That would have been allowed under future reopening plans but they are now all on hold.

I suspect this will be the case in 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pharmaceutical companies are not unaccountable - they have had to go through rigorous approvals to get to this stage. And we can agree to disagree about unchecked government power. Ensuring our collective health is a basic role of government and one we can’t achieve on our own.

I get skepticism but after 35 million Brits have had AstraZeneca we have a reasonably good handle on the side effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The pharmaceutical companies are not unaccountable - they have had to go through rigorous approvals to get to this stage. And we can agree to disagree about unchecked government power. Ensuring our collective health is a basic role of government and one we can’t achieve on our own.

I get skepticism but after 35 million Brits have had AstraZeneca we have a reasonably good handle on the side effects.
    Plus we live in an age with more accountability than ever before. For example, the #metoo movement could not have taken place even 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The flip side of this is that if companies like MLSE don't require vaccines, and a customer dies from covid or develops long covid, case law strongly suggests a successful lawsuit on the basis of negligence. From a legal standpoint, front-facing staff should be vaccinated, also people in crowded events, not requiring that is negligence during a pandemic when vaccines are available and recommended by Federal and Provincial health authorities. I'm not a lawyer, but I sat on corporate Health and Safety committees for years. The law is pretty straightforward.

People who have regular seizures are not allowed to drive. That didn't lead to a "slippery slope" of anything. But it has saved lives because some people don't take basic responsibility for others.
    Driving, like attending TFC games is not a basic human right, but a privilege.
    +1
    As someone that works in insurance, this has come up during client calls as well as internally when discussing reviewing accounts.
    Insurance companies don't want to pay out because someone was flaunting the rules around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things. I will say that there is an irrational fear of death backed by emotions rather than data.(In the context of under 60)

Yes, get the vaccine, it helps.

But be aware that the media and government powers have done nothing but fearmonger and exploit emotions the last year and half.

The divisiveness we now see in society by those vaxed/unvaxed is unhealthily. Anger, mistrust, and fear is easily exploited.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...sure=deaths#a7
    Last edited by Richard; 08-18-2021 at 06:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things. I will say that there is an irrational fear of death backed by emotions rather than data.

Yes, get the vaccine, it helps.

But be aware that the media and government powers have done nothing but fearmonger and exploit emotions the last year and half.

The divisiveness we now see in society by those vaxed/unvaxed is unhealthily. Anger, mistrust, and fear is easily exploited.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...sure=deaths#a7
    You start with this: “I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things” but then you do exactly that?
    I will say what you write is utter BS on multiple levels, so how about we drop it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    You start with this: “I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things” but then you do exactly that?
    I will say what you write is utter BS on multiple levels, so how about we drop it?
    Nothing I have written is controversial. If you want to point things out feel free to DM me instead.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing I have written is controversial.
    It is....maybe not within the circles you are in...but it is.

Yes, best to drop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if this UK research on the Pfizer & AZ vaccines that CP24 is reporting is correct (both lose effectiveness against Delta in 3 months) then this whole thing doesn't matter and they should lock it all down again anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another big vaccination mandate, likely the biggest to date in this province.

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 08-19-2021 at 09:30 AM.