Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    We need a lot of our contracts to expire. One thing that's obvious is how badly allocated our budget is with players ridiculously overpaid. Matt Turner makes $375,00 (or $107,000 less than Bono). Farrell makes $418,000 (or $637,936 less than Omar). That's just under $750,000 extra being spent by us on just two players, which could be spent on 2-3 impact subs instead
    I mean, realistically, you want a CB on Omar’s money that actually plays like he is worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    It’s not like Haaland would come to MLS. MLS isn’t on the same totem as Belgium League, solely due to geography and salary cap considerations.

Beggars can’t be choosers, especially if Arsenal is trying to get rid of high wage players to comply with FFP.
    MLS would never attract someone of that calibre. But the team seriously needs a DP/TAM striker and right-side winger to fix offensive issues.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was giving somebody a hard time about Soteldo. But after seeing the same problems all through the second half, I really question my judgement. Soteldo looked great for a couple of games when he started with TFC, but he's been figured out by the opponents, and he hasn't changed his game to match. Plus against NE we don't have a chance on high crosses anywhere in the 6-yard box, considering Turner in their goal, a couple of really big defenders, and weak strikers with little aerial presence on our side.

It's been going on for a long time, but I also wonder why Pozuelo tries to chip every shot these days. I've seen highlights of him taking good hard shots in Belgium, but not here anymore.

We believe we still have a couple of players that can make a difference. They need to go back to the drawing board and find some better combinations. Right now they either try to walk the ball right into the net, or endless high crosses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'd love to see him in a team with a real center forward but overall he looks more entertaining than effective.
    the best analogy I can come up with for Soltedlo is Eddie Shack in the 73-75 seasons
    Eddie would come on late in games, he would come on for a two minute shift skate like a madman the crowd would go crazy when he came on the ice, but nothing ever came when Eddie came on the ice
    there were never any Leaf goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Every game we get a dozen "fire Caldwell" posts

Why doesn't someone take the reins and start a petition amongst the supporters clubs and on social media
    Go ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was giving somebody a hard time about Soteldo. But after seeing the same problems all through the second half, I really question my judgement. Soteldo looked great for a couple of games when he started with TFC, but he's been figured out by the opponents, and he hasn't changed his game to match. Plus against NE we don't have a chance on high crosses anywhere in the 6-yard box, considering Turner in their goal, a couple of really big defenders, and weak strikers with little aerial presence on our side.

It's been going on for a long time, but I also wonder why Pozuelo tries to chip every shot these days. I've seen highlights of him taking good hard shots in Belgium, but not here anymore.

We believe we still have a couple of players that can make a difference. They need to go back to the drawing board and find some better combinations. Right now they either try to walk the ball right into the net, or endless high crosses.
    Soteldo and Poz are fine. The team is in serious need of a centre forward. I always see 2-3 defenders on them when they get the ball. Having a quality forward will get them alot more space to operate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo makes ground with the ball, which I love. But he always hesitates instead of driving in. That allows the d to reset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most glaring thing I noticed last night is that no one was ever there to provide an outlet for players getting ganged up on by multiple NE defenders. Where were the other players that would be left open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my game day experience was degraded significantly yesterday when I arrived at Gate 3B with my supporter flag in tow (which I have been bringing for about 14 years now) and I was suddenly accosted by an "I'm far more important than you" type security guard who advised me that I would not be able to enter with my flag. Apparently there is a new policy in place that requires supporter flags to be brought in several hours beforehand and this new dictum was communicated to the heads of the groups prior to this game.
    I questioned this random, mid-season, short notice, impractical, narrow minded policy and was just faced with more chest puffing bravado and a blast that he had already told two others the same news (and seemed quite proud of it). I asked him what I was supposed to do with my flag and advised to take back it to my car...I take the GO. I was just about ready to say f*ck this sh#t and leave when a (presently suspended) member of another group who happened to be nearby offered to hang on to it and bring it back to his bar in Liberty (I did retrieve it after the game...thank you Mauro).

Was there any prior notification regarding this new position on flags and, if so, what can I do to get my flag into the stadium now?...super frustrated and just not feeling the love from this club like it used to be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerken View Post
    So my game day experience was degraded significantly yesterday when I arrived at Gate 3B with my supporter flag in tow (which I have been bringing for about 14 years now) and I was suddenly accosted by an "I'm far more important than you" type security guard who advised me that I would not be able to enter with my flag. Apparently there is a new policy in place that requires supporter flags to be brought in several hours beforehand and this new dictum was communicated to the heads of the groups prior to this game.
    I questioned this random, mid-season, short notice, impractical, narrow minded policy and was just faced with more chest puffing bravado and a blast that he had already told two others the same news (and seemed quite proud of it). I asked him what I was supposed to do with my flag and advised to take back it to my car...I take the GO. I was just about ready to say f*ck this sh#t and leave when a (presently suspended) member of another group who happened to be nearby offered to hang on to it and bring it back to his bar in Liberty (I did retrieve it after the game...thank you Mauro).

Was there any prior notification regarding this new position on flags and, if so, what can I do to get my flag into the stadium now?...super frustrated and just not feeling the love from this club like it used to be...
    You know the front office is feeling the pressure when they want to censor flags and banners coming into the stadium.

Sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear Mauro had your back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope TFC file a complaint with MLS and PRO for the abysmal refereeing we are enduring. The unnecessary injury to Priso is 100% the fault of poor refereeing.

TFC will always be my club, but I'm seriously considering no longer watching MLS anymore. It's a joke how goons have continued to ruin player careers.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-15-2021 at 10:39 AM.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for letting us know… we were made aware of not bringing anything out of the ordinary during regular entrance, however they shouldn’t be rude about it…

The security has started to be ridiculous lately. This is one of many reasons last week we did a quiet protest with section 114.

I have sent a message to Mauro personally to thank him for helping out. He is a member and one of the leaders for O109 and old inebs. Great guy!! That group is going through some issues with securities at the gate from the first game…

We will let FO about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerken View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like perez... but you I and armas could have this club last in the league,and not a win at home.how does curtis still have a job,i dont want him near the rebuild,they should hire a new gm now,so he can evaluate this roster,not in jan feb.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I hope TFC file a complaint with MLS and PRO for the abysmal refereeing we are enduring. The unnecessary injury to Priso is 100% the fault of poor refereeing.

TFC will always be my club, but I'm seriously considering no longer watching MLS anymore. It's a joke how goons have continued to ruin player careers.
    Ali won't because it is his only job opportunity after this joke run as a GM. I am not being sarcastic here either, I honestly believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soteldo makes ground with the ball, which I love. But he always hesitates instead of driving in. That allows the d to reset.
    Exactly my thought. He’s got to drive towards the goal and stop doubling back to shake the defender again and again.

He’ll lose possession sometimes but good goal scoring opportunities will come of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

I’d be almost certain the injury came from the initial challenge by Bou a few minutes earlier. He was running on fumes after that and subbing off was inevitable.

But what the league is seriously screwing up how it is calling those plays. How does a stomp on a player Achilles not warrant a sending off and / or a VAR review? The idiocy of PRO and ultimately the league (cause PRO just does their bidding) is unbelievable

We’re allowing low-skill thuggery and CONCACAF-esque antics ruin the quality of play .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Exactly my thought. He’s got to drive towards the goal and stop doubling back to shake the defender again and again.

He’ll lose possession sometimes but good goal scoring opportunities will come of it.
    The flashiness is getting to be a bit much, to many little party tricks that don't amount to anything.

I hope he is not the next Pablo Vitti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We deserved a better fate. Zavaleta is a problem as a starting CB. Otherwise, I thought we looked dangerous minus the finish. Unfortunate injury to Priso, as I thought he looked better than Bradley as a CM.

I think we're running out of runway this season, but we have a lot of solid pieces in place to retool quickly next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I hope that Ralph is ok and it is nothing serious. The league needs to fuck off with the "Keep the flag down, we can go to VAR" mandate. I knew that eventually someone was going to get hurt because of it, now I only hope it is nothing serious. Second, why in the hell is it impossible for Perez to make more that 1 or 2 subs a game? We need to get fresher legs out there especially considering the congested schedule we are about to head into come September

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    First, I hope that Ralph is ok and it is nothing serious. The league needs to fuck off with the "Keep the flag down, we can go to VAR" mandate. I knew that eventually someone was going to get hurt because of it, now I only hope it is nothing serious. Second, why in the hell is it impossible for Perez to make more that 1 or 2 subs a game? We need to get fresher legs out there especially considering the congested schedule we are about to head into come September
    Yeah I don't know why he doesn't make more subs either, let's not even bother counting DeLeon in the last few minutes (94th min) because it's not providing that much of a bump. But we are going to have a lot of games coming mid September. Do we even know when we are going to be playing 2020 Can Champ finals game? They will also have to re-schedule this year's quarter final Can Champ game since it's on the 14th when we are playing Miami already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Perez is in a tough spot with substitutes. The 11 we had on the pitch were clearly our best. Perhaps could have taken off Delgado for Okello or Soteldo for Shaff/Nelson, but I don't think that puts us in a better chance to win when we were down a goal. Perez is still trying to win every game. Maybe in a few more weeks when we are very clearly playing for 2022 he'll be given a mandate to focus on squad rotation.

Perez is in a tough spot. Since he doesn't have a long term deal, he's trying to demonstrate that he can win games. If he's told to focus on development than perhaps his focus would change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With hero status comes more attention. Eek.

https://futbolcentroamerica.com/noti...0815-0013.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    With hero status comes more attention. Eek.

https://futbolcentroamerica.com/noti...0815-0013.html
    Ouch. This isn't even the worst thing he's done in the last three games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue with security @ 3B my bro had to empty is water - no one made him do this last week. I believe it was the tall security guard with dred locks.

Atmosphere was not bad - was sitting in 108 vs row 3 in 207 maybe since we were closer to the supporters it felt more live.

I stated this many times- we have no one who can strike the ball outside the 18 yard box consistently with power and accuracy.

Achara may be the only one and he is still rusty and playing provider then having the nose for goal like last season.

As we left near the BMO Club entrance- a security guard's radio bounces of the hood of a car and zips past my head. I thought nothing of it but then had to understand what the heck happened.

The radio was thrown from Stadium - security guards was dealing with a drunk/angry guy so it seemed his girlfriend was calm.

All i know is he said the security guard hit him over the head with the radio- I kind of believe this guy because why would he randomly go off( could be the same security guard at 3B)

At one point the security guard was talking smack- like you are going bye bye, while the fan was outside the stadium surrounded by security and some police.

SMH.

Regarding this team, I have been so so disappointed with management since 2018.

Trainers have been kept around for the past 7 years and the amount of injuries -nothing has been done- maybe pozuelo is still hurt and was forced back or something.

This is becoming mickey mouse clown level.

Manning has to go, it starts with him- he does not deserve to keep his job nor ali, as he hasnt even addressed anything regarding coach search or new GM - there is no logical reason to keep Curtis at this point.

It angers me that Manning thinks he is better/knows more than the supporters.

Im happy I didnt pay for my seasons- only reason I went to every game is to get a change of scenario from the pandemic.

Ill be buying world cup qualifying game- those guys are much more enjoyable to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Ill be buying world cup qualifying game- those guys are much more enjoyable to watch.

Got my Voyageurs email this morning and bought tickets to both Honduras and El Salvador

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Got my Voyageurs email this morning and bought tickets to both Honduras and El Salvador
    Great to hear! We’ve all been waiting for CMNT games this meaningful for a long time.

Too bad about COVID, would loved to have seen BMO field absolutely jammed for these.