Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is the PRISO love.to me he was man of the match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    NYC has the same problem with DM's that we have with CB's - can't seem to find one that lasts. The second half adjustments Perez made focused on that weakness.

NER next week is not quite the same thing.
    New England's strength lies entirely in its offense and its keeper.

It's second just behind us in most goals given up in the first fifteen and has a pretty porous backline but Matt Turner is a fucking rock this year in goal. Even then, they're sixth in goals against in the east, behind NY, Philly and several others.

But Bou/Gil/Buska are good for two or three goals a game.

Gil is on a different level to the entire league this year.

Both teams sort of have the same problems if our speed and mobility issues are minimized. They're more cohesive because they've been playing well together all season, but it could turn into a real shootout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    where is the PRISO love.to me he was man of the match
    I'd agree with that. He absolutely pulled them to pieces in the second half, cutting off everything in sight then springing rapid breakaways with excellent exit passes.

We have him for two more years, tops, and should play him as much as possible, ala Fonzie and Busio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd agree with that. He absolutely pulled them to pieces in the second half, cutting off everything in sight then springing rapid breakaways with excellent exit passes.

We have him for two more years, tops, and should play him as much as possible, ala Fonzie and Busio.
    He’s got some gaps to fill to be certain but I think we more than live with those given the upside.

I would second the man-of-the-match call. His progressive passing is what opened up the whole field for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso was amazing, completely changed the effectiveness of the midfield. He needs to play like this consistently and get his fitness up to play full games. Happy to see Zav and OG playing solid defence in the 2nd half as well. All of Auzzy’s points was bang-on.

We need to keep the 2nd half team as the starting 11 moving forward (maybe Mavinga in for Zav, Westburg for Bono). Bradley and Jozy can play a huge role coming in the 60-70’ when opponent’s fitness aren’t 100%.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    Priso was amazing, completely changed the effectiveness of the midfield. He needs to play like this consistently and get his fitness up to play full games. Happy to see Zav and OG playing solid defence in the 2nd half as well. All of Auzzy’s points was bang-on.

We need to keep the 2nd half team as the starting 11 moving forward (maybe Mavinga in for Zav, Westburg for Bono). Bradley and Jozy can play a huge role coming in the 60-70’ when opponent’s fitness aren’t 100%.
    jozy can actually be super effective as a sub in last 20 mins i think, especially if we're pushing for a winner/ equalizer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But there lies your problem. In MLS, you simply do not use DP and TAM players as late game subs. Is there anywhere else in MLS where DPs/TAMs are used mostly as late game subs?

Plus I wonder if this is something Manning and/or the board @ MLSE would even approve/have a say of such an arrangement, considering just how much is been spent on them, especially Altidore.

Notice also that I didn't include Curtis, as some have suggested previously, he may not be the one that actually makes the actual roster decisions. Who knows, with having both a "President", and a "GM", how the team is actually run, or in what ways does the "GM" have a say/makes the final decision in the making of the roster.

I'm actually starting to think if perhaps Curtis' role is trying to make sure the team as a whole fits under the league salary budget rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    But there lies your problem. In MLS, you simply do not use DP and TAM players as late game subs. Is there anywhere else in MLS where DPs/TAMs are used mostly as late game subs?
    Definitely, but at this point of the season, we are stuck with them. We need to use them at the most effective way.

I don’t think there is a limit on TAM players but rather on how the amount of TAM are distributed. If MB and Jozy are willing to stay at mid-low range TAM next year, then I’ll be happy to have them back……they’re our club legends, we have slightly disrespected one, I just hope we don’t make a bad reputation moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus I wonder if this is something Manning and/or the board @ MLSE would even approve/have a say of such an arrangement, considering just how much is been spent on them, especially Altidore.

Notice also that I didn't include Curtis, as some have suggested previously, he may not be the one that actually makes the actual roster decisions. Who knows, with having both a "President", and a "GM", how the team is actually run, or in what ways does the "GM" have a say/makes the final decision in the making of the roster.

I'm actually starting to think if perhaps Curtis' role is trying to make sure the team as a whole fits under the league salary budget rules?
    What do you do with legends who have been injured and are aging? I for one are happy they are on the roster and want to see them contribute. If it means fewer minutes, so be it. We can second guess management about a lot of things, but resigning MB to TAM is not one of them and for me resigning Jozy is another - we had no choice in that moment after Seba and VV left to keep our only proven threat, and I still think he is going to surprise the doubters this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are now last in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know whos available in the upcoming draft, lol, i know someone who shouldnt be and thats Ali Curtis and co

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely, but at this point of the season, we are stuck with them. We need to use them at the most effective way.

I don’t think there is a limit on TAM players but rather on how the amount of TAM are distributed. If MB and Jozy are willing to stay at mid-low range TAM next year, then I’ll be happy to have them back……they’re our club legends, we have slightly disrespected one, I just hope we don’t make a bad reputation moving forward.
    Uhhhh........I believe Altidore's contract runs through until next season. And Bradley something similar. So unless either one of them voluntarily agrees to cut their contracts short, they will be with the team next season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    What do you do with legends who have been injured and are aging? I for one are happy they are on the roster and want to see them contribute. If it means fewer minutes, so be it. We can second guess management about a lot of things, but resigning MB to TAM is not one of them and for me resigning Jozy is another - we had no choice in that moment after Seba and VV left to keep our only proven threat, and I still think he is going to surprise the doubters this year.
    And here lies the problem of when you go with a top-bottom roster build method in the MLS, as opposed to what seems to be the league's in general preferred system - which is bottom-top .

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here lies the problem of when you go with a top-bottom roster build method in the MLS, as opposed to what seems to be the league's in general preferred system - which is bottom-top .
    There's a lot of MLS teams that have a key player that they build around. However, if you mean that the best teams build from the back instead of the front, yes that is a tendency in this league, among the better teams at least.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    anyone know whos available in the upcoming draft, lol, i know someone who shouldnt be and thats Ali Curtis and co
    any place else in the world we would be playing tacoma and orange county next season,that is perfect for curtis and manning they are usl caliber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are dead last in the 27 team MLS.

Our goal-diferrential is catastrophal (-15), it is also the worst in the league. It's because we have by far the worst defense in the league!
    The next worst defense of the league (Cincinnati) has conceded 8 goals less than us.

The next team right above us in our Conference (Cincinnati) has 1 point plus on us and 1 extra game in hand, in the other Conference the bottom team (Vancouver) has also 1 point plus on us and 1 extra game in hand.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 08-09-2021 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    We are dead last in the 27 team MLS.

Our goal-diferrential is catastrophal (-15), it is also the worst in the league. It's because we have by far the worst defense in the league!
    The next worst defense of the league (Cincinnati) has conceded 8 goals less than us.

The next team right above us in our Conference (Cincinnati) has 1 point plus on us and 1 extra game in hand, in the other Conference the bottom team (Vancouver) has also 1 point plus on us and 1 extra game in hand.
    I realize the sky is perched metaphorically, in tremulous fashion, about to crash down on our post-season hopes. But it's also worth noting the playoff line is nine points ahead of us.

Can we make that up over Columbus and DC? It's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Wow Bradley subbed at half time. Never thought we would se that.
    Should have been happening a few years ago, he certainly has lost his step and reading of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Should have been happening a few years ago, he certainly has lost his step and reading of the game.
    I was giving this some thought. Completely agree he's lost a step as will happen with age / injuries. Regarding his read of the game, not sure that's gone as much as the requirements have changed. If you can't find players between the lines as a holding mid and occasionally pivot into space, the press will eat your team alive.

1st half - Bradley sits 5 yards off the CB's making himself the obvious passing option. NYC press hard continually pushing us backwards. Bradley goes backwards / sideways with his passes. Those players immediately get swarmed by the press too. So now, Solteldo and Poz have to drop back into midfield just to get into the game and provide an outlet. When they do receive the ball, it's a mile away from the dangerous areas of the field. When Delgado drops in to pick up the ball there is no second option because (again) Bradley is sitting in his office, 5 god damn yards away from the CB's.

2nd half - Priso starts finding Gio and Pozuelo between the lines. NYC pick up on him as the "Bradley sweeper" he pivots into midfield to provide an outlet for the second pass. Then he finds Achara clean on goal with a line splitting pass. NYC wave the white flag and scale back the press because we're carving them to shreds. Then everyone's job on the field gets easier and we can actually start to cycle the ball and pick away at their backline.

I completely respect everything Bradley has done for the club but we have to be realistic about the station we've reached. And that's one where Michael Bradley is not a 1st choice starter for this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I was giving this some thought. Completely agree he's lost a step as will happen with age / injuries. Regarding his read of the game, not sure that's gone as much as the requirements have changed. If you can't find players between the lines as a holding mid and occasionally pivot into space, the press will eat your team alive.

1st half - Bradley sits 5 yards off the CB's making himself the obvious passing option. NYC press hard continually pushing us backwards. Bradley goes backwards / sideways with his passes. Those players immediately get swarmed by the press too. So now, Solteldo and Poz have to drop back into midfield just to get into the game and provide an outlet. When they do receive the ball, it's a mile away from the dangerous areas of the field. When Delgado drops in to pick up the ball there is no second option because (again) Bradley is sitting in his office, 5 god damn yards away from the CB's.

2nd half - Priso starts finding Gio and Pozuelo between the lines. NYC pick up on him as the "Bradley sweeper" he pivots into midfield to provide an outlet for the second pass. Then he finds Achara clean on goal with a line splitting pass. NYC wave the white flag and scale back the press because we're carving them to shreds. Then everyone's job on the field gets easier and we can actually start to cycle the ball and pick away at their backline.

I completely respect everything Bradley has done for the club but we have to be realistic about the station we've reached. And that's one where Michael Bradley is not a 1st choice starter for this team.
    Good post.

This is one thing Armas recognized is that Bradley is a liability as DM, so tried to push him further ahead as a box to box CM. Which yielded results offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/na...c-game-4210186

Chanot fined for his feature acting role.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ good he deserves to be fined for that. But it's those kind of things that ruin the game. Soteldo didn't deserve a yellow at all..now he only has 3 yellow cards (and i don't know when the reset) but if it came down to him missing out a game due to accumulation..like come on. I don't know what more could be done as someone said earlier that if you VAR it during the game it will slow down far too much (plus he is doing it in order to slow the game down intentionally as is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they gave him a fine for embellishment, then Soteldo should get his yellow rescinded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/na...c-game-4210186

Chanot fined for his feature acting role.
    Fantastic. We need more of this to stamp this stuff out. Well done the league for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The refs in charge should be able to review the play at half time and give a yellow at the start of the second half.

If the result is a second yellow, then they should get a red.

Playing dishonestly should get you punished during the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The refs in charge should be able to review the play at half time and give a yellow at the start of the second half.

If the result is a second yellow, then they should get a red.

Playing dishonestly should get you punished during the match.
    Half time or post match or both, agreed. But not to VAR during play. That needs to be limited and limited so it doesn't intrude or cause delays. Penalties would be sufficient for me as the game is already stopped.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    If they gave him a fine for embellishment, then Soteldo should get his yellow rescinded.

Yellows are not rescindable - reds yes, yellows not.