Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 18 - NYC @ TFC Saturday August 7 8:08pm - To take a Lot of Pain

Yup, I'll be there on Saturday

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could not have picked a better intro for the thread....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Could not have picked a better intro for the thread....
    For sure. Habits by Tove Lo also feels suitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What this team really needs is Hair of the Dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't come out hard we're going to get absolutely crushed. NY has run up 5-0 and 4-1 wins against Orlando and Columbus in the last two weeks. If we play like we did last night, it'll be worse than the seven-goal drubbing.

Perez can say he won't single out players for criticism, but if he doesn't send a message by at least benching Chris Mavinga for a game (I know how talented he is, I've followed him more or less since being thrown to the lions as a teenager at Liverpool) he will lose the room.

That performance was god-awful, one of the laziest and least-motivated single half performances a player on this team has ever offered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some true bangers in here

https://spinditty.com/playlists/Song...-Relationships

Almost went with

Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-05-2021 at 01:03 PM. Reason: No, not the Rhinaa song...this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If we don't come out hard we're going to get absolutely crushed. NY has run up 5-0 and 4-1 wins against Orlando and Columbus in the last two weeks. If we play like we did last night, it'll be worse than the seven-goal drubbing.

Perez can say he won't single out players for criticism, but if he doesn't send a message by at least benching Chris Mavinga for a game (I know how talented he is, I've followed him more or less since being thrown to the lions as a teenager at Liverpool) he will lose the room.

That performance was god-awful, one of the laziest and least-motivated single half performances a player on this team has ever offered.
    How anyone can buy tickets to this game and give them their money for this is beyond me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    How anyone can buy tickets to this game and give them their money for this is beyond me
    They're probably exceedingly lucky, in a way, that a pandemic has made people desperate to get out and do something.

Still, the boos will be fucking fierce if they capitulate in Toronto like they did in Philly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why go to games? Why experience what the thread OP indicates?

Because

We

ENJOY

Doing

So

Things people I know have cried over or I have seen people cry over upon resuming after Covid

• haircuts
    • taking a bus
    • seeing a friend
    • swimming
    • going to a mall
    • watching a hockey game
    • having an ice cream
    • going to the beach
    • going back to work
    • having a beer on a patio
    • shopping at a Dollerrama

We have 6 weeks of hot girl summer & damned if we all are not going to enjoy this brief respite before Wave 4 hits HOW WE WANT TO

Me? I cried driving down the Gardiner last week & first seeing the stadium

Like, I get some on here are die-hard cynics & die-hard only care when they win types but a HECK of a lot of us are here because we take long term enjoyment of following this team which often includes going to games.

This is how football is around the whole world. People go or follow because it is what they do, not because of the quality of the team.

So people in here can do "you gotta be stupid to do this" talk but millions around the world are equally stupid and ultimately enjoying it

So yeah.....I'm with 10K of equally stupid people on Saturday...deal with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Why go to games? Why experience what the thread OP indicates?

Because

We

ENJOY

Doing

So

Things people I know have cried over or I have seen people cry over upon resuming after Covid

• haircuts
    • taking a bus
    • seeing a friend
    • swimming
    • going to a mall
    • watching a hockey game
    • having an ice cream
    • going to the beach
    • going back to work
    • having a beer on a patio
    • shopping at a Dollerrama

We have 6 weeks of hot girl summer & damned if we all are not going to enjoy this brief respite before Wave 4 hits HOW WE WANT TO

Me? I cried driving down the Gardiner last week & first seeing the stadium

Like, I get some on here are die-hard cynics & die-hard only care when they win types but a HECK of a lot of us are here because we take long term enjoyment of following this team which often includes going to games.

This is how football is around the whole world. People go or follow because it is what they do, not because of the quality of the team.

So people in here can do "you gotta be stupid to do this" talk but millions around the world are equally stupid and ultimately enjoying it

Hah ha! 😂 I thought your addiction comparison was on point.
    Can someone who’s good at photoshop take the ‘all for one’ with the TFC logo and replace it with ‘I’m with stupid’?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two decent tickets beer has parking
    $150
    No bloody way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Very well said
    You are there with 10,000 equally stupid people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must blow your mind that every staidum in the European leagues bar the top 2 or 3 teams aren't completely empty all the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are people stupid for attending? I know I love this team and am gonna spend my Saturday night having a drink and watching TFC. No one is forcing me to do that. I do it because it is enjoyable to me, even when they suck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Why are people stupid for attending? I know I love this team and am gonna spend my Saturday night having a drink and watching TFC. No one is forcing me to do that. I do it because it is enjoyable to me, even when they suck.

I am going to grab a glass of wine & watch Omar screw up, Oso do something interesting, Soteldo weave some magic, somebody probably get injured & us probably lose.

Love Hurts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is to each their own in deciding if they are comfortable in attending and how they want to do it ie finding some wide open space or in the supporters section. At the end of the days its a personal choice and there really is no wrong answer.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I look at the original post as a bigger shot at management (they don't deserve our money) ... watching Ali/Manning do nothing but put out stupid tweets that they think are funny just shows how disconnected they are with the fans.

Will always be loyal to the club, just don't have to like it. This feels worse than 2012 and i still believe but Ali needs to be next to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    To be honest I look at the original post as a bigger shot at management (they don't deserve our money) ... watching Ali/Manning do nothing but put out stupid tweets that they think are funny just shows how disconnected they are with the fans.

Will always be loyal to the club, just don't have to like it. This feels worse than 2012 and i still believe but Ali needs to be next to go.
    it's just poor roster building + transitional year (s).

we're still in the hangover from the 2017 success imo, all those guys became legends so very hard emotionally (and physically) to move on from them.

also an easy out for mgmt to keep playing guys with so much TFC cred that that fans will never really be too annoyed with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Com on hou reds! We have to still maintain the fact we've had five games or so that have been unbeaten and were playing at home..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio seemed acutely aware of how bad they were.

“We’ve spoken about that and we don’t want to let that to happen again and we won’t let that happen again,” said TFC midfielder Jonathan Osorio. “Everybody is motivated to change what’s happening.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Osorio, but statements like that make you look naïve. Just say we've got to give more effort, and not "wont let that happen again", because its going to, we're going to get pummeled at some point again.

The core of this team is old, time to play the kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    a

This is easy. We are supporters, not fans. But what is baffling is the 50 + years of sellouts for the Leafs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    a

This is easy. We are supporters, not fans. But what is baffling is the 50 + years of sellouts for the Leafs

The selllouts are driven by the same thing that drove upticks in CFL & NFL & EPL viewership & attendance - decades of the game on TV at the same time each week.

States

Football - Friday night high school, Saturday college, Sunday NFL - its the fall life

Baseball - its ALWAYS there if you want it from March until October

Basketball - tune in on Christmas day & watch games every Saturday or Sunday & midweek

Canada

Hockey - literally 70 years of Saturday night games on the one station everybody could get

CFL - the one sports station in the country puts it on every Friday night since the mid 80's

In this world, with fragmented TV and streaming & entertainment options, the "this is what we do at this time of the week" aspect of sports is pretty much gone. You couldn't recreate the CFL/TSN partnership now if you tried - MLSE has and its not working in Toronto for the CFL.

BUT, people come to support teams due to something - and TFC is a known in this town. Some of us will always go & to get the crowds they are getting now of 10K or so in the middle of the summer where people are still afraid of Covid but we also know we have only so much time until another Covid winter returns - that's not bad.

Teams less then 20 years old and the league not much more - give it time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on the account credits being ready for use?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Any word on the account credits being ready for use?
    What do you mean? If you pick up any game tickets the credits are applied to your purchase.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW NYC flew in from Chicago yesterday after playing there on Wednesday

The dog remains unimpressed

Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-07-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What do you mean? If you pick up any game tickets the credits are applied to your purchase.
    I think they mean the concession credits for leaving money with MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW NYC flew in from Chicago yesterday after playing there on Wednesday

The dog remains unimpressed

That's a cat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)