Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have one of the highest payrolls in the league,its 2yrs too late with this roster,time to rebuild but not with curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    we have one of the highest payrolls in the league,its 2yrs too late with this roster,time to rebuild but not with curtis
    I 2nd this, Curtis needs to go now, we gave him a few weeks to show if their would be any drastic changes to the club, their havent been, and as well the transfer window is open, whether getting rid of surplus and/or reinforcing our team, im ashamed that nothing has been done considering the current club picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it wasnt armas,its just a shit roster,they got lucky and a bit of spike coming home,our PEP says tonight that we were due to have a game like tonight,lol.get this clown out of here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez strikes me as a competent and sensible manager, albeit not a motivator

He’s not the best we can do. He’s never had a head coach gig with adults and now is not the time for us to appoint someone learning the role

The real issue is an arrogant lineup that has largely aged out.

That Curtis reiterated on video last week that he thinks this is a strong competitive roster just highlights both his glaring incompetence and Manning’s for putting faith in him.

They’re both frauds or arrogant idiots and they should both be fired post haste.

Bench Mavinga, bench Jozy, bench Bradley. Even when they’re trying It’s like watching a forty year old Sugar Ray getting his ass kicked by Terry Norris, it’s just sad and embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im glad we sorted out our D probs,a goal on a throw in the other night,a guy scores with the back of his head not even looking at the net on a corner,bono is bono nice tackle wrong sport,gonzo the 18 wheeler that cant turn,so now we cant score,cant play d and are boring has hell.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    While I think there’s an element of truth here, it’s fair to say we’re doing a crap job developing amd retaining young talent. A pay-for-play academy / pseudo agency is producing far more professional players, right under our noses. Our best prospects under our roof frequently wave goodbye for Europe without much of a second thought.

It’s time to go down to TFCA and clean house
    I agree that both TFCA and TFC are a huge problem. I really got that feeling again when watching the CMNT recently. Thinking of the number of great players from the GTA and Ontario that never got a sniff from TFC; or were let go a long time ago.

But even some Sigma grads (just as one example) seem to have issues with motivation and effort when they're given a chance in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez says in the post game interview that there were signs before the game they would come out flat.

I have to believe if they were demotivated it has to be because we either have a lot of bad attitudes, or the lack of roster help was noted by everyone.

There's one day to the window and we have a defensive corps that clearly doesn't believe in each other.

I mean, how do we even react to that? Obviously the personality problems run deep and he's trying to manage them. He made the right changes in the second half but...

He wouldn't hang Mavinga though when given a chance. "When we succeed, we succeed together, when we fail, we fail together."

"We didn't have the right mentality," he says. "We came flat. It doesn't matter which formation or how you plan the game we need to get into the right mentality, right energy to play and compete, especially against a team like Philadelphia, who we know are all energy."
    Last edited by jloome; 08-04-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley:

"We weren't ready for their energy or intensity."

Then hangs Richie for the miss, says Philly got a freebie as third goal was offside (it wasn't.)

Trying not to shit on his team, while continually rubbing his earlobe and looking like he wants to blow up. "If you play against a team that relies on energy, mobility and intensity and tries to be dynamic.... they're a team that's.... it's a transition football team that wants to make the game fast and chaotic in some circumstances -- and I don't say that in a negative way (just tactical)."

"The game starts and for different reasons we're not really ready for that..."

Does anyone press him on the 'different reasons'? No. Fuck. Come on, John, don't ignore your own obvious followup for fear of offending. He put it out there.

"James with all due respect with our position right now and the way the season has gone, we can't afford to have any more nights like this. So is it a cause for concern? It's another night similar to too many we've had this year and if we want to claw ourselves back into it, we can't afford it. Every game matters, every point matters, so it's a frustrating night."

Notes the positive of the night was Achara who has "worked so hard" to get back. "To see him work his way back to see him get on the field tonight... that part was amazing and we're all happy for the guy."
    Last edited by jloome; 08-04-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree that both TFCA and TFC are a huge problem. I really got that feeling again when watching the CMNT recently. Thinking of the number of great players from the GTA and Ontario that never got a sniff from TFC; or were let go a long time ago.

But even some Sigma grads (just as one example) seem to have issues with motivation and effort when they're given a chance in MLS.
    the likes of priso,nelson and some others beat their peers a couple of years ago and other age groups always do well v other mls acads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The huge fear that everyone involved in the club, including the media, seems to have of pissing off Michael Bradley off is a huge issue. Is the guy that intimidating?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The huge fear that everyone involved in the club, including the media, seems to have of pissing off Michael Bradley off is a huge issue. Is the guy that intimidating?
    i love MB,but enough is enough,LAFC are down 3 nil at home tonight maybe he join his dad and then come back to become TFC prez in a couple of years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I don't think his external messaging is helping but I also don't think it reflects what he's telling his colleagues. He's a "wouldn't say shit if I had a mouthful" team guy, so you can't go by that.

I don't think he recognizes his own limitations, in terms of speed and mobility compared to a few years ago. There are games when he's still very good, but most he's too far behind the play.

I think he's a battler, but time marches on and he should sit occasionally, at the very least. But he's far from our biggest problem, perhaps more a contributor to it by not airing anything. Internalizing that shit never helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just kills me when we are down by a few goals and our opponents sub in pimply faced 12 year olds and they are running circles around TFC's veterans, also we have a huge problem when Zavs is our best central defender. It is okay to sub a player when playing poorly, so sub off Bradley when he isn't performing FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind me what was that Danny Koevermans line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bradley, jozy, morrow, gonzalez at a minimum need to be out this summer.

we need to get so much younger and more athletic.

so much complacency, so little drive, so little desire in this side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one day to get the signings complete which is today, and if it isnt finalized; im certain Curtis and Manning must leave; they had multiple months to getting players in/out and they decide they need to make no changes, i hope this isnt the case but if that is neglected its obvious TFC want our money without putting out a good product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    bradley, jozy, morrow, gonzalez at a minimum need to be out this summer.

we need to get so much younger and more athletic.

so much complacency, so little drive, so little desire in this side.
    Exactly my thoughts. I've been saying this since last season. We're too old and slow. It's time for a rebuild.

And this season is over. Play the kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Bradley:

"We weren't ready for their energy or intensity."

Then hangs Richie for the miss, says Philly got a freebie as third goal was offside (it wasn't.)

Trying not to shit on his team, while continually rubbing his earlobe and looking like he wants to blow up. "If you play against a team that relies on energy, mobility and intensity and tries to be dynamic.... they're a team that's.... it's a transition football team that wants to make the game fast and chaotic in some circumstances -- and I don't say that in a negative way (just tactical)."
    Someone should ask him about his own performance. He was the lowest intensity player on the whole field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No other way to say it. Utter garbage, lack of hunger, lack of urgency, lack of creativity and let’s not even get into the back line. An absolute shambles at the back, unfit for the job and it needs urgent fixing.
    Finally heading back down to Toronto and BMO on Saturday and after that performance last night it’s really hard to get up and excited for it, of course the atmosphere will be fantastic to be back in amongst but the football is hard to get excited for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Perez sees the players were going to come out flat then the answer is to start the kids. Bench the rest. Sure there will be mistakes and we'd probably lose but at least the compete factor would have been there.

But I agree with the above; got to dump Curtis at the end of the season BUT have a new guy lined up soon and plan for a solid roster re-shuffle in the off season. This core has been ridden as far as they're going to take us.

Edit - and Atlanta is probably going to hire Pineda who is the best MLS experienced manager possibility on the board because Curtis never even bothered to interview him after firing Armas or last off season when Pineda was doing the interview rounds. As expected he chose the simplest option that fell in his lap. If he is stays through this offseason I bet we resign a lot of players who should be let go (Omar, maybe even Jozy) and nobody else of consequence then hear the same refrain of "They're a championship squad. They have that swagger and mindset".

And if we're being honest, some people say team's take on the personality of the managers and I think we did with Vanney and to some degree Armas. If there's one word that Perez brings to mind in the time I have seen him it's flat. Or dull.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-05-2021 at 08:40 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not look into Perez managerial capability too much based on this experience.

I'm not sure he is the best choice moving forward but the situation he has been put in is difficult in so many ways. He has tried to bring clarity, which is good. But this team needed to go through a transition starting in 2020 & that was delayed by Covid & a run to the final that seems to have put all thoughts of a need for change to pasture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is a one off result, eh.

If this result happens again, then it's a problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    If this is a one off result, eh.

If this result happens again, then it's a problem
    I don’t know if this was simply mid week blues but the team looks roundly unmotivated. Not Perez’s fault but it feels like we have bigger issues going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t know if this was simply mid week blues but the team looks roundly unmotivated. Not Perez’s fault but it feels like we have bigger issues going on.
    Based on his personal history of speaking his mind, being annoyed etc. I would be stunned if Mavinga wants to partner Omar.

They never talk during the game. They never congratulate each other. The only time I ever see them converse is when Chris barks at Omar for blowing positional assignment.

Don't get me wrong, Mavinga was the much worse of the two the other night and it may be that his attitude is contributing to the problem rather than resolving it.

But when our defence has one competent -- but aging -- central defender and keeps playing two guys who aren't good enough, you can imagine the third guy is going to be none too happy.

Based on everything said by Perez and Bradley, I think they found out we're not making any roster moves in this window and that was all it took to suck the life out of the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Based on his personal history of speaking his mind, being annoyed etc. I would be stunned if Mavinga wants to partner Omar.

They never talk during the game. They never congratulate each other. The only time I ever see them converse is when Chris barks at Omar for blowing positional assignment.

Don't get me wrong, Mavinga was the much worse of the two the other night and it may be that his attitude is contributing to the problem rather than resolving it.

But when our defence has one competent -- but aging -- central defender and keeps playing two guys who aren't good enough, you can imagine the third guy is going to be none too happy.

Based on everything said by Perez and Bradley, I think they found out we're not making any roster moves in this window and that was all it took to suck the life out of the room.
    Sort of goes back to poor roster construction by Curtis. You have no leader in your CB tandem and neither keeper is overly vocal (although Q is better than Bono in this category).

If this organization had any sense of accoutabolity, Curtis would have been sent packing several times over by now. We are the NY Knicks of MLS. Our performance vs. Our salaries are a disgrace