Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Last time we got blown out we fired Armas... Could this finally be the end of Curtis?
    Maybe this is another silent work to rule protest. They wanted Armas gone, they laid down. Curtis did nothing to strengthen the roster and….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck this. Time to stop pretending Toronto is making the playoffs and time to start fixing this team. Unfortunately Curtis is not the leadership that’s needed and nothing will improve before he’s replaced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe this is another silent work to rule protest. They wanted Armas gone, they laid down. Curtis did nothing to strengthen the roster and….
    One can hope. This is pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season's over. Time to start playing the kids the rest of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The basic problem is arrogance. Our first team is convinced it’s collectively better than the teams it’s facing

Hes often unfair but Caldwell is right, they have no fight, no urgency, no concentration.

We need to clean house on more than just the front office. We need a new roster.

when Mavinga is down, he’s basement down. When Bradley is overwhelmed, he’s ancient. Gonzalez is always asleep now — he’s already done his lazy “just shove the guy over” move twice.

we have essentially two players right now earning their pay: Osorio and Soteldo, maybe Richie in a pinch. the rest are just collecting paycheques.

time to rebuild, accept the winning era is over until that happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this team have any wingers to keep the formation wide? The WBs just aren't working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The basic problem is arrogance. Our first team is convinced it’s collectively better than the teams it’s facing

Hes often unfair but Caldwell is right, they have no fight, no urgency, no concentration.

We need to clean house on more than just the front office. We need a new roster.

when Mavinga is down, he’s basement down. When Bradley is overwhelmed, he’s ancient. Gonzalez is always asleep now — he’s already done his lazy “just shove the guy over” move twice.

we have essentially two players right now earning their pay: Osorio and Soteldo, maybe Richie in a pinch. the rest are just collecting paycheques.

time to rebuild, accept the winning era is over until that happens
    Well said, there are very few players earning their paycheques this year. Seems like there’s been a rot growing in this team since 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they trading Pozuelo, for another player, who needs to be traded is Ali Curtis, lets do our proper homework and get the proper supports in place from the start, this isnt it, i hate to say it but Red Bull rejects arent good enough for our club and until Curtis is gone, its going to be no fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    Does this team have any wingers to keep the formation wide? The WBs just aren't working.
    If Perez has any hope of keeping the job, he should bench multiple players. Accept that we’re going to probably lose more as a result, but send a message for the future.

my sense now is he’s too calm for this group. They need focussed and confident most of the time, but also a fergie boot tosser occasionally

they need a scare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget playoffs. Better start planning for next year. Get better defenders. We need 2 CBs and 1 new Altidore. I would scout South American leagues. There are cheap players over there. We pay too much and get nothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am of the strong opinion the man who has to step back in all this is Michael Bradley. His "we must keep going" mantra is starting to hollow out this team's ability to judge itself. Its become systemic thinking that "we are still good enough because of who we are". Some of you are calling that arrogance. I call it the inability to accept that people do not always remain good at their jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it won't happen, but if there was a game to rest Bradley it would be this one. This game is over.

The fact that Zavaleta is pushing up to provide width on the right is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is really starting to remind me of 2015, all imbalanced and needing a defensive leader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it starts from top to bottom, cannot expect change from bottom up, get a proper management team then look at exploding this team, its time to rebuild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    This team is really starting to remind me of 2015, all imbalanced and needing a defensive leader.
    When this team went to the MLS Cup last time it was Q who was organizing the backline and being that leader for the team. Before that, it was Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I am of the strong opinion the man who has to step back in all this is Michael Bradley. His "we must keep going" mantra is starting to hollow out this team's ability to judge itself. Its become systemic thinking that "we are still good enough because of who we are". Some of you are calling that arrogance. I call it the inability to accept that people do not always remain good at their jobs.
    I am frankly very surprised at how good Bradley has played this year, but I do think it’s time he passes the torch to Osorio. He’s the natural choice for the next captain and is in his prime now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact he has played every minute of the regular season tells us all we need to know.

Management is stuck in 2018, and the players have not been given a realty check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s very depressing. So many areas need an overhaul. Poor keeper, poor defence, poor midfield, poor forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    When this team went to the MLS Cup last time it was Q who was organizing the backline and being that leader for the team. Before that, it was Moor.
    A new Moor is what’s needed, instead Curtis brought in Gonzalez and wasted a lot of budget space for a player who was already passed his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    It’s very depressing. So many areas need an overhaul. Poor keeper, poor defence, poor midfield, poor forwards.
    Poor management

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Poor management
    Add that to the list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called it! I knew this game would get ugly, I just knew it! Magic and luck have ran out. This is NOT a playoff team. That 5 game unbeaten streak was pure luck.

Time to look long and hard at this squad. Altidore is no longer DP level. Soteldo Is NOT a DP game changer, doesn’t have that final 3rd emffff. Unfortunately we’re seeing pozuelo on a Steep decline wether be by injuries or just poor performances. Our back line speaks for its self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, from the minute Armas left we have definitely been better but to me it’s clear the team isn’t good enough to compete for a cup and Curtis has to go.

So much more to talk about but:
    - 2017 is done. Thank you to that group for its service but it appears many aren’t willing to compete in games now, time to move on.
    - I stand by the idea Poz / Solteldo are not a natural duo. Curtis found a great player but it’s the wrong signing.
    - Our defence still sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are never making the playoffs with this backline.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, the season always was a write off. We were optimistic they may make a run when they came home, but I think tonight just proves we're going nowhere.
    Just enjoy the opportunity if you want to go to ganes in person, or enjoy carrying all your ssh funds over to next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An inability to accept their level is pretty much the definition of arrogant, so I’ll agree with that, and your take on Bradley.

Buyt it’s worse; as Deguzman said they don’t talk, they don’t act like they like each other.

I think Mavinga is a negative locker room influence, he has a history of it, a d I think he and Omar don’t talk.

when Perez took over, Gonzalez was visibly coaching position to the line. After two games that disappeared. I think Mavinga rejected it.

we need to wipe the defensive slate clean, sign a new back line and some offensive talent that is dynamic to compliment Soteldo and Richie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilbane is holding nothing back and all of his comments have been correct.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilbane bringing the fire talking about accountability.

Followed by the "considering the history of these players" WHICH IS MUCH OF THE PROBLEM!

No accountability because these guys have nobody calling them out or if they do, they stopped listening to them because "We know how good we are so we just got to get back there"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An inability to accept their level is pretty much the definition of arrogant, so I’ll agree with that, and your take on Bradley.

Buyt it’s worse; as Deguzman said they don’t talk, they don’t act like they like each other.

I think Mavinga is a negative locker room influence, he has a history of it, a d I think he and Omar don’t talk.

when Perez took over, Gonzalez was visibly coaching position to the line. After two games that disappeared. I think Mavinga rejected it.

we need to wipe the defensive slate clean, sign a new back line and some offensive talent that is dynamic to compliment Soteldo and Richie
    Mavinga has been a massive disappointment this year and has largely avoided getting called out for it. Gonzalez gets all the blame, but there are two guys (three tonight) on that backline and Mavinga has been getting beat on a regular basis this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of these players are everyday starters in this league anymore.

A. Bono
    M. Bradley
    J. Altidore
    D. Dwyer
    O. González
    E. Zavaleta
    J. Morrow

It's time to move on.