Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 17 TFC @ Philly Wednesday Aug 4 7:38pm - You Might See Anyone

(I'm expecting this to be a very frantic game)

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lineup and formation will be very interesting. Poz? Does Priso or Marky sit? Who will provide width and from where? If it’s a 3-5-2 do both Marky and Priso sit or does Soteldo play left wingback? Or do we go back to 4-2-3-1 with Oso Poz Soteldo in the “3”

Plus, Richie hasn’t shone. We could see as a 3-5-2 Mavinga Omar Zavs; Lawrence Oso Bradley Poz Auro; Soteldo Jozy or in the 4-2-3-1 Lawrence Mavinga Omar Auro; Bradley Priso; Soteldo Poz Oso; Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine we will see a 3-5-2 again. Osorio, Bradley and Delgado as the central midfield three. Priso has shown great strides but his gas tank is not very good for an 18-19 year old. Hopefully Lawrence is back and can play LM/LWB. Does Jozy start after playing 70+ minutes yesterday though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he has to based on his linkup play. Dwyer ha offered zero going forward.

Frankly they both look so past due, I’d start the kid at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, summer of Perruzza kicks off Wednesday? I'd rather save Jozy for the last 30 minutes of the game and let him body around a tired defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The medical and fitness team is abysmal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

So, summer of Perruzza kicks off Wednesday? I'd rather save Jozy for the last 30 minutes of the game and let him body around a tired defence.
    I would presume Altidore starts on the bench tomorrow as there is another game this weekend.

You would think Achara would be very close to at least making it on the bench as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's basically Dwyer added to known issues.

Fact that we have so many known issues is...annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck is with Poz's injury and conditioning situation this season?
    We are almost half-way through, and in the few games he played he was never fully fit... not even close - and this was clear from his on-pitch performance. And now he's injured again.

Some on these boards are saying that he was a shade of last year's himself until now because they can not play both almost same positions with Yefe - but I think this is not the real cause at all. It's purely the injury situation and the absence of preseason conditioning.

With Poz missing too many remaining games or not being fully fit when playing, IMO we do not have any chance to catching the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if we loose Altidore to an injury, who the hell do we put up top?

Are we at the point were Zavelta's got to fill in?

The striker situation is dire at the moment, Altidore is 45min player at best, and we got like no other options as sub without Akinola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

The striker situation is dire at the moment, Altidore is 45min player at best, and we got like no other options as sub without Akinola.
    Given how good he is in the air and how many goals he scored in college, Zavs would probably be more effective NOW than Dwyer. At least we’d have a target man who can hold up the ball and bring Poz and El Jefe into scoring positions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mullins to start probably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade a midfielder for allocation money and sign Junior Hoilett. He can fill in up front and move out to the wing if everyone else is healthy. Problem solved ...I love Marky. The boy works his ass off but I think Priso is ready to fill that spot and we've also got Fraser as a backup when his loan is over. A Delgado trade would probably be enough to make the funny cap rules work.
    Last edited by buddies; 08-03-2021 at 10:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't trade a starting mid for a 2/3 season forward rental.

Maybe a long term starting CB but why do that when OG's contract ends after 2021.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You don't trade a starting mid for a 2/3 season forward rental.

Maybe a long term starting CB but why do that when OG's contract ends after 2021.
    This is true plus Priso doesn't look match in, match out consistent to me yet and Fraser has no hope. The chances of pulling out a playoff spot is low this season and I wouldn't trade a good, long term piece now and regret it later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The medical and fitness team is abysmal.

This has been on-going since 2018.
    This is all on manning- no one else to blame- how many signals does the team need to understand medical staff is crucial to on field success.

How a medical guy injures himself while running on the pitch to tend to an injured TFC Player pretty much speaks volumes about these experts.

SMH

So many small adjustments and the season would have been saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    What the heck is with Poz's injury and conditioning situation this season?
    We are almost half-way through, and in the few games he played he was never fully fit... not even close - and this was clear from his on-pitch performance. And now he's injured again.

Some on these boards are saying that he was a shade of last year's himself until now because they can not play both almost same positions with Yefe - but I think this is not the real cause at all. It's purely the injury situation and the absence of preseason conditioning.

With Poz missing too many remaining games or not being fully fit when playing, IMO we do not have any chance to catching the playoffs.
    You appear to be right about Poz’s conditioning. However, I do think Jefe’s need for the ball, and slow ball movement (he is more like Grealish than DeBruyne) both diminish Poz. Lots of posters say give it time and fair enough, but I don’t see Poz having the same influence - it’s just not possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jozy starts tonight and goes 70 again. As for the longer term, we have excess excellence in midfield and lack effective depth up front and a starter at CB. Something has to give; and we have a hurt MVP with a family in Spain. Would love Hoilett to join us. He’s be extremely effective in MLS and looks motivated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeb, sitting on his lawn chair overlooking the train tracks, says to his dog Sebastian

"Looks like the team decided to fly down on the day and fly back tonight"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think Jozy starts tonight and goes 70 again. As for the longer term, we have excess excellence in midfield and lack effective depth up front and a starter at CB. Something has to give; and we have a hurt MVP with a family in Spain. Would love Hoilett to join us. He’s be extremely effective in MLS and looks motivated.
    He was a pretty dominant player at the Gold Cup. Frankly, I don't think he'd come for less than a high-end TAM deal, for which we lack the cap room.

But he's only 31. He'd probably be a 10-plus goal guy annually in MLS, easily worth it if we could get him.

I don't think they'd ever trade Delgado for someone his age, but if we got three good years out of him, it would probably be worth it. Marky's already starting to show a little age, having played a two-way role for a decade now, although he's still a very effective player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jeb, sitting on his lawn chair overlooking the train tracks, says to his dog Sebastian

"Looks like the team decided to fly down on the day and fly back tonight"

You have an absolutely beautiful dog

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dog looks more like a cat

Jeb's though is real cute....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say mullins starts tonight, but would love Jozy to throw together a run of starts.

funnily enough, he's actually not really been injured this season yet (maybe 1 week).

has missed games through armas conflict and covid shot after effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an English striker still vacationing in Florida, perhaps we could make an offer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an English striker still vacationing in Florida, perhaps we could make an offer?
    If Villa got $100M for Grealish, there's no way Tottenham are taking less than $150M for Kane. I expect he will be reporting soon, as Spurs have a history of forcing contracts to be honored.

A gentlemen's agreement on a six-year-contract? Okay.

Still, imagine what he'd do to MLS defences!

Wouldn't mean making the all-star team, mind. With 27 teams in the league, only 16 are represented. Seattle has half its first tema voted in by mass balloting, and Bob Bradley, the coach, has picked half his own first team as well. Why? Why would half the league bother watching a farcical friendly with Liga MX when we root actively against so many of our own participants?

Philly has seven straight unbeaten but I think five of those were draws, and Monteiro is forcing a transfer, so they might be riled.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If Villa got $100M for Grealish, there's no way Tottenham are taking less than $150M for Kane. I expect he will be reporting soon, as Spurs have a history of forcing contracts to be honored.

A gentlemen's agreement on a six-year-contract? Okay.

Still, imagine what he'd do to MLS defences!

Wouldn't mean making the all-star team, mind. With 27 teams in the league, only 16 are represented. Seattle has half its first tema voted in by mass balloting, and Bob Bradley, the coach, has picked half his own first team as well. Why? Why would half the league bother watching a farcical friendly with Liga MX when we root actively against so many of our own participants?

Philly has seven straight unbeaten but I think five of those were draws, and Monteiro is forcing a transfer, so they might be riled.
    not sure where you got this from, philly have 2 losses in 7, 4 draws and only 1 win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOZY !!!!
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 08-04-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    not sure where you got this from, philly have 2 losses in 7, 4 draws and only 1 win.
    Weird. I thought they were struggling then read a blog yesterday suggesting they hadn't lost in seven. Maybe it was from last year.

Ah well, good timing then.

EDIT: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/ne...nst-toronto-fc

Seven-match unbeaten streak at HOME, I should have noted.
    Last edited by jloome; 08-04-2021 at 06:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

JOZY !!!!

lineup looks good.

so nice to have the gold up guys back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Weird. I thought they were struggling then read a blog yesterday suggesting they hadn't lost in seven. Maybe it was from last year.

Ah well, good timing then.
    i think that was nashville it was referencing? they havent lost in 7.