Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our main problem now is we do not create many good enough scoring chances per game.
    With our defense still to be expected to let in at least 1 goal (but more likely 2) in a game, our target needs to be to score at least 3. Counting on a 3/1 ratio, for those 3 goals we need to create at least 9 good scoring chances in a game.

This season (Armas included) we are not even close to having 9 good scoring chances per game...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    I don't think that's it. Remember in 2019 when a Atlanta got a penalty call AFTER the referee blew the final whistle (and Martinez proceeded to miss it)? Or, at least I am pretty sure the penalty call came after the whistle.
    Yes I was going to say the same thing. I remember that after the final whistle and VAR awarded Atlanta the pk and he missed it. Maybe this time around he blew the whistle and didn't bother listening to VAR?
    https://youtu.be/xYU23bpm6Qw?t=147 last 4 mins of the Atlanta game highlights

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna say this

When Allan Kelly & Bazakos were brought over from Europe, people thought they would bring professionalism. BUT, they seem to be calling different games then the rest of MLS in terms of how things are done.

AND, they are the 2 refs who's game calling has gone DOWN in the last 2 years. Even Petrescu has gotten better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Yes I was going to say the same thing. I remember that after the final whistle and VAR awarded Atlanta the pk and he missed it. Maybe this time around he blew the whistle and didn't bother listening to VAR?
    https://youtu.be/xYU23bpm6Qw?t=147 last 4 mins of the Atlanta game highlights

Thanks for this... i was recalling the same thing. What would be interesting to find out if the play was reviewed at all, maybe put Molinaro on it. ;-) Who were the VAR officials on Sunday.

One other thing if you go a bit further back in that Atlanta game and you watch how the first penalty against Laryea was created, it was because Poz sent something into the box and a mistake occurred. We need to keep going direct and force mistakes, waiting all game for one shot feels so wrong for this team.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 08-03-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gonna say this

When Allan Kelly & Bazakos were brought over from Europe, people thought they would bring professionalism. BUT, they seem to be calling different games then the rest of MLS in terms of how things are done.

AND, they are the 2 refs who's game calling has gone DOWN in the last 2 years. Even Petrescu has gotten better.
    Bazakos wasn't brought over from Europe; he's an IT professional from Minneapolis who has never reffed outside of USL or MLS.

Kelly does seem to have lost whatever edge he had from Europe though, agreed. He was brilliant his first year, now lets everything go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was an incident earlier in the season where VAR recommended that Bazakos giving a red card was a clear and obvious error. He ignored that and kept the red card. Even if Bazakos decided to go check VAR, I doubt he'd have given a penalty.

https://www.thebentmusket.com/2021/4...l-dejuan-jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gonna say this

I always thought Alan Kelly was an appalling referee when he refereed in Ireland, and that's a pretty common thought among league of Ireland fans. His resume looks good because he was given the Irish spot for some highish profile matches but a major * beside that is the head of refereeing in Ireland who helped pick those spots is his father. Honestly I assumed it was some kind of sadistic karmic joke that he followed me soon after I moved over here where I assumed I was safe from the man. The fact he's considered a top referee here is a damning indictment on the standard of officiating in this league

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear there was a second European dropped into PRO the same year Kelly came over but....man.....

hot girl summer just be frying my brain it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remembered really liking the referee who did the second leg of our semi-final game in 2018 vs Club America. He was "loaned" from the AFC. Apparently has record for most World Cup games reffed. Anyway we could get him back to North America?