Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that we have Soteldo to help carry the load in midfield playing Poz as a false nine could be incredibly viable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nashville is now missing Walker to injury, Lovitz and Maher as well to COVID protocol, and Anibal Godoy to injury.

So half their defence is out, along with the second-leading assist guy and their DP Johnnier Cadiz.
    Does Covid protocol mean not double vaxxed in this case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nashville is now missing Walker to injury, Lovitz and Maher as well to COVID protocol, and Anibal Godoy to injury.

So half their defence is out, along with the second-leading assist guy and their DP Johnnier Cadiz.
    Unfortunate all around but perhaps a good opportunity for us to pick up points here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Does Covid protocol mean not double vaxxed in this case?
    Either that or they were exposed at some point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I figured we should have him in the center of a 3 CB back line like we did with Moor. Might be the only way to prevent him from wandering laterally.
    Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or I wasn't watching the games properly, buuuuuutttttt

I always thought we played our best football while in the 3-5-2.

I know eventually teams were able to just sit back and block it, but I feel like there were ways to rectify that issue, but Vanney just didn't have the tactical knowledge in the attacking end to figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or I wasn't watching the games properly, buuuuuutttttt

I always thought we played our best football while in the 3-5-2.

I know eventually teams were able to just sit back and block it, but I feel like there were ways to rectify that issue, but Vanney just didn't have the tactical knowledge in the attacking end to figure it out.
    Interesting - we certainly played well. And Morrow could be in the "three". But with our midfield depth, hard to fit Bradley- Oso - Marky -Poz -Solteldo- Lawrence-Richie- Auro into that midfield. If Soteldo is in the "2" that still leaves 6 excellent players trying to fit into five spots, and thats assuming one of Richie / Auro is on the bench

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Interesting - we certainly played well. And Morrow could be in the "three". But with our midfield depth, hard to fit Bradley- Oso - Marky -Poz -Solteldo- Lawrence-Richie- Auro into that midfield. If Soteldo is in the "2" that still leaves 6 excellent players trying to fit into five spots, and thats assuming one of Richie / Auro is on the bench
    If just based on potential success then the 5 should be

Lawrence - Osorio - Poz - Delgado - Laryea

Then Auro as the FB to cover either side off the bench and Bradley for spot starts or to solidify central midfield when needed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Curtis will say he acquired a new player. https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1420419284266852357?s=20
    Achara back in full training.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-28-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I wonder if Curtis will say he acquired a new player. https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1420419284266852357?s=20
    Achara back in full training.

Curtis : "Achara is back in full training. Good to have him back. It's like signing a new player and we're excited on what he brings to the team"

Everyone : "Does he play defense?"

Curtis :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a find that pic is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're going to take their time bringing Achara back.... Part of me thinks that's because we're lacking a roster spot. We traded two international spots so have six left.
    Auro , Endoh, Poz, Soteldo, Gallardo, Mavinga are currently the six.... Achara didn't count while injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They're going to take their time bringing Achara back.... Part of me thinks that's because we're lacking a roster spot. We traded two international spots so have six left.
    Auro , Endoh, Poz, Soteldo, Gallardo, Mavinga are currently the six.... Achara didn't count while injured
    Could swear I read an article sometime in the last 3 weeks that mentioned Gallardo being out of the 30 man roster FWIW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, if you look at our roster on the website it lists like 6 players for slots 29-30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Could swear I read an article sometime in the last 3 weeks that mentioned Gallardo being out of the 30 man roster FWIW.
    It said yesterday on the TFC website that he was on loan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised if Endoh ends up back at TFC2 to open up that slot. It's happened before.

AS I"M TYPING THIS

I could've sworn I heard recently that Endoh was in the process of becoming a CDN Citizen? or something like that. So that would free up a spot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised if Endoh ends up back at TFC2 to open up that slot. It's happened before.

AS I"M TYPING THIS

I could've sworn I heard recently that Endoh was in the process of becoming a CDN Citizen? or something like that. So that would free up a spot
    I heard Green Card but that was ages ago. Not sure what the hold up is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis : "Achara is back in full training. Good to have him back. It's like signing a new player and we're excited on what he brings to the team"

Curtis :
    this is such a typical and lazy statement from curtis.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis :
    What a fu-kin’ joke… It is pretty pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually just wondering how Achara was doing. That's awesome he's training again. I remember him looking really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS I"M TYPING THIS

He was going for his Permanent Resident status.
    There has been a huge backlog with it.
    Two people I know had been waiting for ages, and just got it within the last month.
    Same with citizenship, major backlogs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other news from the day according to Molinaro

Both Lawrence & Westberg not with the team for personal reasons for a few days.

DeLeon in quarantine, as expected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of wonder if Westberg might want out. His playing time has dried up because Alex Bono is tall and he is coming towards the end of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I kind of wonder if Westberg might want out. His playing time has dried up because Alex Bono is tall and he is coming towards the end of his career.

I am also wondering about Poz. And Perez likes speaks French. Expect Westberg to feel differently than earlier in the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Other news from the day according to Molinaro

Both Lawrence & Westberg not with the team for personal reasons for a few days.

DeLeon in quarantine, as expected
    I might be beating a dead horse, but I find it ridiculous if someone tests negative they have to quarantine.

If you think the tests not accurate, then run another in the morning next day, and another, and if at that point your still unsure, then what the F is the point of a test. Ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know if auro is fit for sunday?

*edit to say john molinaro just confirmed that auro was back in full training
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 07-28-2021 at 10:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I might be beating a dead horse, but I find it ridiculous if someone tests negative they have to quarantine.

If you think the tests not accurate, then run another in the morning next day, and another, and if at that point your still unsure, then what the F is the point of a test. Ridiculous.
    Because the incubation period is longer that.

Or DeLeon could just get vaccinated. The 14-day quarantine is partly a measure to discourage unnecessary international travel, because no testing or quarantine is perfect, as even Australia is discovering. It's very easy to bypass that now by getting vaccinated, even for non-essential workers like DeLeon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Because the incubation period is longer that.

Or DeLeon could just get vaccinated. The 14-day quarantine is partly a measure to discourage unnecessary international travel, because no testing or quarantine is perfect, as even Australia is discovering. It's very easy to bypass that now by getting vaccinated, even for non-essential workers like DeLeon.
    But unfortunately it seems he has a problem with his brain that prevents him from being intelligent.

But seriously, if I was in charge, I wouldn't put up with that shit – having a player only available half the time because they have to quarantine because they don't understand basic science.

Ship him out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But unfortunately it seems he has a problem with his brain that prevents him from being intelligent.

But seriously, if I was in charge, I wouldn't put up with that shit – having a player only available half the time because they have to quarantine because they don't understand basic science.

Ship him out.
    It's been known for over 100 years that high intelligence or education is not required to be a professional footballer.

But yeah, I'd trade him to a US team where he wouldn't need to quarantine all the time. I'm sure Curtis will be right on it... in about 2 weeks.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Ship him out.
    I'm not going to jump all over him for his choice. For me, I let people decide what they want to do for themselves and I don't subscribe to the finger pointing for the un-vaxxed or the odd celebrating of people getting vaccinated.

That being said, as a sports team with a cap, there's really no room for a part time player like this. He should just get moved to a US based team so he only misses the Canadian matches. We could sure use his cap $$$ now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't hear the explanation why he was brought to Chicago. I'd guess because we were short-staffed with the Gold Cup going on? It would make way more sense to dress him for the games here and not have him travel to the US. Having him play a game and out for two weeks isn't so smart.