Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I didn't hear the explanation why he was brought to Chicago. I'd guess because we were short-staffed with the Gold Cup going on? It would make way more sense to dress him for the games here and not have him travel to the US. Having him play a game and out for two weeks isn't so smart.
    I would think that the FO would want him to play to put him in the sale window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'm not going to jump all over him for his choice. For me, I let people decide what they want to do for themselves and I don't subscribe to the finger pointing for the un-vaxxed or the odd celebrating of people getting vaccinated.

That being said, as a sports team with a cap, there's really no room for a part time player like this. He should just get moved to a US based team so he only misses the Canadian matches. We could sure use his cap $$$ now.
    Yep. Telling that team cheese had enough common sense to deal with their issue quickly while we seem to be stuck in some sort of state of myopia. He’s not on big money and he shouldn’t be hard to move.

Has Ali Curtis ever done anything on time in his entire career?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I would think that the FO would want him to play to put him in the sale window.
    He's a journeyman with a history of bad knee injuries. He has value as a player but not to move or sell. No one's coming in for a guy like that, especially not when he could be holding an "I'm an idiot" sign every time he opens his mouth. As much as he doesn't value the scientific method and, say, the end of ravenous diseases like polio and smallpox, some of any potential squad will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep. Telling that team cheese had enough common sense to deal with their issue quickly while we seem to be stuck in some sort of state of myopia. He’s not on big money and he shouldn’t be hard to move.

Has Ali Curtis ever done anything on time in his entire career?
    Team came back to Canada on July 5th and moves like this take '2 weeks' in Curtis time so he will probably have a decision made by Labour Day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's a journeyman with a history of bad knee injuries. He has value as a player but not to move or sell. No one's coming in for a guy like that, especially not when he could be holding an "I'm an idiot" sign every time he opens his mouth. As much as he doesn't value the scientific method and, say, the end of ravenous diseases like polio and smallpox, some of any potential squad will.
    He would have some value in the league to a team making a run. That being said the return would either be a pointless late superdraft pick or taking on a bad contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not expecting to get much for him, but there are plenty of badly run cheap teams making poor moves. Surely they can at least off load his contract for a draft pick or 50k in GAM? What about TFC West(Colorado)? He’d fit right in there with the rest of the ex-TFC players.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-29-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But at $175k and still having the versatility to play multiple spots… it doesn’t exactly sound impossible…

It’s just a straight dump, we don’t need anything back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But at $175k and still having the versatility to play multiple spots… it doesn’t exactly sound impossible…

It’s just a straight dump, we don’t need anything back.
    I have been expecting Bez to take him to Ohio for a while now. He likes collecting junk there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the DeLeon that happens to pop up & score goals.....like I get the vax thing but he's not a chump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon scored the winning goal. I think he justified his selection. And he has been a good servant to this club. Personally, i don't understand why the vaccine isn't mandatory like it is for polio etc but given that we have collectively decided that it is personal choice I am not going to rag on him for his decision, no matter how wrong headed or bizarre it seems to me
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-29-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people’s “wrongheaded” decisions affect the people and things I care about I reserve the right to rag on them. Societies generally would never achieve civility if people didn’t stand behind their perspectives.

The anonymity of the internet is what makes it fractious, not the opinions, which they already held. Having to defend and justify them when consequences are involved is what kept us civil.

The entirely overstated “shaming” culture right now is a tragic answer to safe spaces that employs the very same anonymous incivility
    It’s trying to prevent.

I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever, I don’t particularly care how he contributes in the pitch, as it’s a matter of public health, not an entertainment matter.

And of course a salary dump is free. End rant.

EDIT also, my agreeing or disagreeing with people is a matter of the point at hand, not a personal judgement. It does not make me prejudge what you say In the future or how I should respond to you. It takes me a great deal of personal information before I judge somebody Unworthy of my time for uncivil reasons. I would like to think most intelligent adults feel the same way.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-29-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having ended rant… on to game.

I wonder If Zavaleta gets a start this week. Omar’s struggles are obvious and Zavaleta had a pretty good Gold Cup, all things considered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has the NIE now - De Leon can practice and play in matches if he is unvaccinated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

assuming he's fit, I'd start deleon ahead of endoh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    MLS has the NIE now - De Leon can practice and play in matches if he is unvaccinated.

From the MLS article

The announcement is made as 96% of Tier 1 individuals, including MLS players and club staff that work closely with the team, have received the vaccine.

What the NIE does is allow the few anti-vaxxers to get away with it. i.e. Expect Geoff Cameron here in the fall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people’s “wrongheaded” decisions affect the people and things I care about I reserve the right to rag on them. Societies generally would never achieve civility if people didn’t stand behind their perspectives.

The anonymity of the internet is what makes it fractious, not the opinions, which they already held. Having to defend and justify them when consequences are involved is what kept us civil.

The entirely overstated “shaming” culture right now is a tragic answer to safe spaces that employs the very same anonymous incivility
    It’s trying to prevent.

I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever, I don’t particularly care how he contributes in the pitch, as it’s a matter of public health, not an entertainment matter.

And of course a salary dump is free. End rant.

EDIT also, my agreeing or disagreeing with people is a matter of the point at hand, not a personal judgement. It does not make me prejudge what you say In the future or how I should respond to you. It takes me a great deal of personal information before I judge somebody Unworthy of my time for uncivil reasons. I would like to think most intelligent adults feel the same way.
    In the big picture, I agree. it is a matter of public health. But not a single politician or public health expert has called for the vaccine to be mandatory. It should be to protect all of us. Polio and others are. Why not COVID? Makes no sense. And there was just too much piling on to Deleon for me. But as for you, Mr Loome, I always respect your perspective, even when directly delivered.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-29-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    In the big picture, I agree. it is a matter of public health. But not a single politician or public health expert has called for the vaccine to be mandatory. It should be to protect all of us. Polio and others are. Why not COVID? Makes no sense. And there was just too much piling on to Deleon for me. But as for you, Mr Loome, I always respect your perspective, even when directly delivered.
    Cheers dude, much appreciated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    In the big picture, I agree. it is a matter of public health. But not a single politician or public health expert has called for the vaccine to be mandatory..
    Well maybe not in Canada (yet) but France has made it mandatory that if you want to go into a restaurant or bar, you must have a vaccine.

That's the equivalent of saying to Canadians "You want to buy a coffee, you need a vaccine"

This is way off topic though.

So, Oso & Laryea back on Sunday - in the starting lineup or in the 18?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would think bench with that late match and a travel day. Any word on Lawrence? I know he got a personal leave but that's all they said.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well maybe not in Canada (yet) but France has made it mandatory that if you want to go into a restaurant or bar, you must have a vaccine.

That's the equivalent of saying to Canadians "You want to buy a coffee, you need a vaccine"

Will have to see how they feel after last night and traveling today. Two days between games is not much to regenerate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Will have to see how they feel after last night and traveling today. Two days between games is not much to regenerate.
    2 days off not uncommon in MLS.

our guys had that between NYRB and Chicago games.

hopefully see them on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I'd hope we'd see one of them starting. Either would be a better option wide right than anyone on the bench.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd hope we'd see one of them starting. Either would be a better option wide right than anyone on the bench.
    I know it probably won't happen because Curtis would have to proactively make a move to free up an international spot but I would like to see Gallardo one last time before he fades off into oblivion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a season seat holder, trying to buy tickets for the next 3 games (including Sunday), but I've just given up after a very frustrating hour.
    I choose my section and I see the free seats, but whatever I choose it tells me 'There has been an error. You have to choose the whole block', butr no explanation as to how I do that.
    Could anyone please help me?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    I'm a season seat holder, trying to buy tickets for the next 3 games (including Sunday), but I've just given up after a very frustrating hour.
    I choose my section and I see the free seats, but whatever I choose it tells me 'There has been an error. You have to choose the whole block', butr no explanation as to how I do that.
    Could anyone please help me?

Just checked

You have to make sure the number of tickets you are looking for is the number in the QTY. You then have to find a block that matches the number you want.

ie. If you want 4, you have to find a 4 block. If you want 2, pick a 2 etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was entry to the stadium compared to normal times? Longer lines? Shorter? Wondering when I should show up ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think they are mentally drained. Tough to come back to MLS after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    How was entry to the stadium compared to normal times? Longer lines? Shorter? Wondering when I should show up ...
    Lines were long at gate 3 but probably due more to spacing, it went pretty quick and it didn't seem to take any longer than normal to get in, they had walk through scanners rather than the wands now. have your tickets open on your phone that seemed to be where the bottleneck was when i went through but even then the ticket scanners were waving people ahead while others were standing to the side fiddling with their phones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much, OgtheDim!! I have my tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other news from the day according to Molinaro

Both Lawrence & Westberg not with the team for personal reasons for a few days.

DeLeon in quarantine, as expected
    I just don't get it, wtf