Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that was a good game. I think that we are doing well, and that we have alot of work to do this season, which might mean what are you really going to do to win. If you wondered if they are content with draws, you might say that it would be interestting, the stop in Philedelphia. Its ultimately like saying, if you wondered whether we can shoot the ball more, it would be a good idea to me. Thanks,

PawTar711

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar Gonzalez had a good game.
    Zavaletta alternated between brilliant and awful.
    Soteldo very good as always.
    Jozy seems fitter.

Too bad that soft goal was let in, but still the defense is much better than under Armas. Reinforcements still desperately needed.

Onward!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrating lack of energy in the last twenty

Jozy was kind of a hindrance all night. Bradley was way too conservative. Delgado and the defends were sloppy

Richie was okay but also killed several transitions.

Disappointing second half.

We really, really need to stop fucking around in the offensive zone and try to actually hit the frontmen occasionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bazakos calls that PK himself it's not coming back. Same with the penalty shout in the first half

Instead we get the shaft end of two borderline calls and don't win

Best Zavaleta has looked for a while. Might be the confidence from his el Salvador (captain's!) performances but I think it's more to do with him just being much better as part of a back three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Anyone think we should go for a proven goalscorer, we dont have a dominant striker right now on our team, and these results will continue until we do
    Until Jozy is off the books completely we don't have much options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Morrow used to be be good.
    Morrow is the new Ashton Morgan
    It’s like your playing with a little over 9 men on the field with Morrow on the pitch

This explains the tie score
    Last edited by stevep; 08-01-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I don’t know how any striker scores as rarely as we out the ball into the box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Until Jozy is off the books completely we don't have much options.
    Which is why i feel unless he decides to take a paycut he may need to be shopped around, at his current salary it doesnt make sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The summer of Dom is dragging on a bit too long for my liking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 points dropped at home now. Going to be tough to make the playoffs after that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the stadium

Defence did ok. Bono was solid

Osorio is better than Delgado or Priso.

Jozy is a deceptively good passer of the ball.

Mavinga going forward was neat to see.

Soteldo has this ability to gain 5 metres against an opponent quickly.

Richie needs a game off.

Has Perez used more than 3 subs in a game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The undefeated streak continues but these ties are missed opportunities.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    6 points dropped at home now. Going to be tough to make the playoffs after that.
    not if we keep winning away lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the celebration for Omar's goal. Man is Yef small.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From the stadium

Richie needs a game off.

Thanks for this. Some thoughts from someone also at the game:

We had control for the most part. Perez has gone back to a possession based system and it works for us.

Zavs looked competent. The back 3 might be here to stay. Much more organized.

As for Bono, he got beat near post off a throw in, otherwise didn't have a lot to do, so I'd disagree a bit there. Again came from him not commanding his area. Smart teams now target crosses right at the top of the 6 knowing he doesn't come for them.

Also, while I agree with Oso > Marky / Priso, Priso looked pretty good after the first 15 mins or so. Bradley solid; he has really had a resurgence this reason.

Dwyer playing like the player you need to defend a late lead, but no sign of scoring or contributing to scoring. Mullins a bigger scoring threat.

will be interesting to see what is really going on with Poz. he has looked off all year.

From where I was sitting it looked a very clear pen on Laryea.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-02-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the stadium

Richie needs a game off.

I didn’t catch the game but I was impressed in the extended highlights how many times Priso was able to get into passing lanes and break up the play. That seems to be his biggest strength. Unfortunately, I also noticed him sometimes losing a runner or cheaply giving the ball back after he did the hard work of winning it in the first place. Hope he continues to find minutes but I completely agree with your assessment Osorio (and likely other options) are better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I didn’t catch the game but I was impressed in the extended highlights how many times Priso was able to get into passing lanes and break up the play. That seems to be his biggest strength. Unfortunately, I also noticed him sometimes losing a runner or cheaply giving the ball back after he did the hard work of winning it in the first place. Hope he continues to find minutes but I completely agree with your assessment Osorio (and likely other options) are better.
    A fair assessment but he needs to get minutes as he looks like he will improve massively each game, particularly playing beside the General. Plus his quickness not a bad thing to have there beside MB - I thought that was the best MB has looked in 18 months, and possibly Priso had something to do with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Priso is good. Just Oso is soooo much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Priso is good. Just Oso is soooo much better.
    considering he is 8 yrs older and makes 10 times more money he better be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    considering he is 8 yrs older and makes 10 times more money he better be
    Priso is a better first-year TFC player than Oso was. Until he'd been with us for three seasons, there was serious doubt Oso would ever be athletic or dynamic enough to become a good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the prob is we move the ball too slow and we not getting goals from strikers,jozy seems in shape but is not a dp caliber player at this point,maybe its rust?to me the nashville goal was a foul throw in,its like var wanted nothing to do with this game,the last 2 refs at home are old out of shape that cant keep up with the play,those 2 refs were done 5 yrs ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the prob is we move the ball too slow and we not getting goals from strikers,jozy seems in shape but is not a dp caliber player at this point,maybe its rust?to me the nashville goal was a foul throw in,its like var wanted nothing to do with this game,the last 2 refs at home are old out of shape that cant keep up with the play,those 2 refs were done 5 yrs ago

LOL, well reg, you've hit on about six differn topics in one paragraph there and you're right about all of them.

Bazakos is a terrible ref. He just calls nothing short of someone being shot within his line of sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how the last play of the game wasn't even reviewed at all, absolutely criminal.

On the topic of Priso I think he should be an everyday starter, he clearly has talent and athletic ability, Okello is similar but probably a little behind him in development.

If the playoffs are out of reach they need to be appearing in all games as a substitute the very least.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know xG doesn't tell the whole story but....our xG is horrible.

We spend a lot of time getting the ball to their 18 & then stop advancing from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't understand how the last play of the game wasn't even reviewed at all, absolutely criminal.

On the topic of Priso I think he should be an everyday starter, he clearly has talent and athletic ability, Okello is similar but probably a little behind him in development.

If the playoffs are out of reach they need to be appearing in all games as a substitute the very least.
    ... I think it didn't get reviewed because dufus with the whistle blew for the end of the game before they got a chance to intervene. On watching the replay the defender missed the ball and cleaned out Laryea ... penalty any day of the week. He should have let Nashville take the goal kick then blow for full time like most refs do. That way VAR would have had the opportunity to tell him to look at it but when he ended the game it's game over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know xG doesn't tell the whole story but....our xG is horrible.

We spend a lot of time getting the ball to their 18 & then stop advancing from there
    We never hit the open man, or the runner trying to break the back line. It's all short passes trying to create an open look or crosses, and they always play for the best chance.

But xG is based on chances, and that in turn is based on actually shooting the ball. We rarely do it.

Why was Richie even thinking of bringing that ball down late in the box, instead of just hitting it? Why don't we just take the chances that are available? Half the goals in this league are junk rebounds or deflections off half-chance shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We never hit the open man, or the runner trying to break the back line. It's all short passes trying to create an open look or crosses, and they always play for the best chance.

But xG is based on chances, and that in turn is based on actually shooting the ball. We rarely do it.

Why was Richie even thinking of bringing that ball down late in the box, instead of just hitting it? Why don't we just take the chances that are available? Half the goals in this league are junk rebounds or deflections off half-chance shots.
    Sort of ironically, this was the stuff I was skeptical about with a Vanney coached team. Basically a latter years Arsene Wenger Arsenal, pass it into the net or die trying.

I think the problem for us (much like it was for Arsenal when they got saddled with debt) is a lack of quality across the roster to play such a style.

We’ve got to be pragmatic enough to score ugly too and be a little more direct in the attacking 3rd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

With the exception of Jozy and usually Oso, we don’t shoot - even Poz amd Soteldo hesitate to shoot. But I’m calm about this. Perez said he’s solving the defensive problems first. Judging from the well rehearsed free kick, he’s going to add some organized and rehearsed pattern plays - once he sorts the defence. I look forward to the ride.

So far, he has under promised and over delivered. We do need to start picking up 3 points though. .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched most of the game on replay today. My earlier post about the players performance was unfair to Bono - he made at least two excellent saves. Also, both penalty shouts were penalties - on the Jozy one the guy kneed him in the hammy (but I can see why the red didn’t call it and I would rather have a wrong call on a softie than VAR) and the Richie one was blatant. He took him right out. Should have been both a pen and the no call reversed. Clear and Obvious. That said we didn’t do enough to win, so not an unfair result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    ... I think it didn't get reviewed because dufus with the whistle blew for the end of the game before they got a chance to intervene.
    I don't think that's it. Remember in 2019 when a Atlanta got a penalty call AFTER the referee blew the final whistle (and Martinez proceeded to miss it)? Or, at least I am pretty sure the penalty call came after the whistle.