Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 16 Nasvhille @ TFC Sunday August 1st 7:38pm Come On Lets Go

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully we'll see all 3 DPs start this game. Jozy looked a little gassed on Saturday, but that was the 3rd game in a week and he did play 26 + 36 + 45 minutes.
    Last edited by Graeme; 07-27-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Hopefully we'll see all 3 DPs start this game. Jozy looked a little gassed on Saturday, but that was the 3rd game in a week and he did play 26 + 36 + 45 minutes.
    Yeah. Jozy for 60 seems reasonable. Not sure we see him go too much over 70-75 minutes again as a player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yeah. Jozy for 60 seems reasonable. Not sure we see him go too much over 70-75 minutes again as a player.
    I get Jozy hasn't played since May, but he also isn't coming off of an injury. Do you not think we should be expecting more from our DP player, should he not be in shape by this point as he was sent off to train on his own and not sent off on vacation? I know we don't want to push him to get injured again..and yes he did look tired during that game but he also only played 107 minutes in 3 games over a week. He isn't doing nor expected to do the running that say a midfield like Delgado would do..so not too sure really where I'm going with this, just a bit of a rant I guess...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I get Jozy hasn't played since May, but he also isn't coming off of an injury. Do you not think we should be expecting more from our DP player, should he not be in shape by this point as he was sent off to train on his own and not sent off on vacation? I know we don't want to push him to get injured again..and yes he did look tired during that game but he also only played 107 minutes in 3 games over a week. He isn't doing nor expected to do the running that say a midfield like Delgado would do..so not too sure really where I'm going with this, just a bit of a rant I guess...
    By now we all know the answer is that Jozy does not train on his own. Or at least properly train as evidenced by his post Covid break look; no cardio and lots of weight lifting.

I admit, he's looked good since returning but I think his training habits over the past few years have made him a 60 minute player tops. That will never be a fully effective 60 minutes either. If he could manage a solid, not gassed, 45 minutes per match that would be great but he hasn't managed that in a few years. Maybe the half hour Ricketts type sub role is what he is now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy
    soteldo poz endoh
    delgado bradley
    lawrence mav OG auro
    bono

osario and laryea to come on in the 2nd half if canada lose on thursday, morrow at RB if auro isn't fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think he should be playing more, but if we push him he will probably end up missing more than the 20 minutes he will miss from being subbed off. He did go off on vacation though. He went to Wimbledon to watch his partner play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    By now we all know the answer is that Jozy does not train on his own. Or at least properly train as evidenced by his post Covid break look; no cardio and lots of weight lifting.

I admit, he's looked good since returning but I think his training habits over the past few years have made him a 60 minute player tops. That will never be a fully effective 60 minutes either. If he could manage a solid, not gassed, 45 minutes per match that would be great but he hasn't managed that in a few years. Maybe the half hour Ricketts type sub role is what he is now.
    This is how old I feel now: for a second I forgot about Tosaint and thought, "Nah! Rohan was more 'be brilliant for one game, be average for one game, check out for the third..."

Edit: Zimmerman is out injured, which makes this game competitive, as their defence is shit without it. Hany Mukhtar is their main threat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I do think he should be playing more, but if we push him he will probably end up missing more than the 20 minutes he will miss from being subbed off. He did go off on vacation though. He went to Wimbledon to watch his partner play.

TBH - He's a better option off the bench right now. I'm more inclined to keep him as a sub that splits time with Dwyer.
    Neither have shown they are good for a full 90 - But they are both capable for a solid 45.

It's not a great solution...unheard of actually, but that is what seems to be working right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    TBH - He's a better option off the bench right now. I'm more inclined to keep him as a sub that splits time with Dwyer.
    Neither have shown they are good for a full 90 - But they are both capable for a solid 45.

It's not a great solution...unheard of actually, but that is what seems to be working right now.
    In the past few weeks the two players that made me throw stuff around, swear, and question life have been Gonzalez & Dwyer. That being said, Dwyer has shown at least some signs of adequacy lately. There's times where he almost looks like he can contribute. Have to see if it's for real and he is just shaking off rust or it's a fluke.

Omar however is in a hopreless downward spiral and I forsee much foul language & many thrown objects over the next few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy looks fit - just not match fit. And that’s the problem with training on your own. This one is on management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Jozy looks fit - just not match fit. And that’s the problem with training on your own. This one is on management.
    He's a veteran and a pro plus he has access to good, high level training with his partner. During the Covid break he showed videos of her doing very hard training while he apparently just filmed. The whole team trained on their own then and the only one not in any kind of match shape upon return was Jozy. It's his routine now and it shouldn't be defended no matter how much anyone likes him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a tough test. Expect goals.

Nashville have been extremely good the last few games, and they score for fun against teams without an elite backline.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park the bus. 5-4-1. Three centre backs, and jam the middle. Without having our preferred midfield and fullbacks we've go to make this an ugly game.

It Preki ball time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHould have Auro, Lawrence, and Captain Zavs back though so we're looking better at the back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Park the bus. 5-4-1. Three centre backs, and jam the middle. Without having our preferred midfield and fullbacks we've go to make this an ugly game.

It Preki ball time!
    we'll have fullbacks this game.

lawrence, morrow both back.

auro very likely too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a veteran and a pro plus he has access to good, high level training with his partner. During the Covid break he showed videos of her doing very hard training while he apparently just filmed. The whole team trained on their own then and the only one not in any kind of match shape upon return was Jozy. It's his routine now and it shouldn't be defended no matter how much anyone likes him.
    This is not rue. Akinola was not in 100% shape either. Poz also not looking up to speed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Omar however is in a hopreless downward spiral and I forsee much foul language & many thrown objects over the next few months.
    ya I've tried to back him up, but it's getting harder and harder to do so.

I think there are way to mitigate his downward spiral and TBH I'd rather do that as oppose bring in a kid or Zavaleta to fill the spot.

We do need a CB replacement though. Sucks considering we just went over this whole replacement scenario with Drew Moor and look how m=long it took to do that - at least this time around we are not completely SOL like before,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    This is not rue. Akinola was not in 100% shape either. Poz also not looking up to speed.
    Poz coming back from an injury. Akinola was too.

As often as Jozy is injured you would assume he was as well but not the two times I mentioned. I'm not even starting with the customary 6 weeks to get back to his "half a match" fitness levels after his injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm calling it 2-1 again. But with fewer shots against this time.

We need to control the clock against these guys or they'll set up in our end and wreak havoc. Their forward movement is very good. Their defensive cohort has been far less steady this year. Zimmerman is a really big miss for them.

That's probably wholly optimistic, but it worked last week, and despite my disdain for bias and beliefs, I'm full of them, and it, like everyone else.

2-1 TFC, Pozuelo and Dwyer both get goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz coming back from an injury. Akinola was too.

As often as Jozy is injured you would assume he was as well but not the two times I mentioned. I'm not even starting with the customary 6 weeks to get back to his "half a match" fitness levels after his injuries.
    He looked out of shape last year. But looks very fit this year - slimmer, lean.

It’s not fair or accurate to blame him on this occasion for being out of shape when every other pro who “trains on his own” does not return match fit. That’s just how it works. Train on own - train with club - game on B team - sub - starter is the progression. Jozy skipped steps 2 and 3
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-28-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm calling it 2-1 again. But with fewer shots against this time.

We need to control the clock against these guys or they'll set up in our end and wreak havoc. Their forward movement is very good. Their defensive cohort has been far less steady this year. Zimmerman is a really big miss for them.

That's probably wholly optimistic, but it worked last week, and despite my disdain for bias and beliefs, I'm full of them, and it, like everyone else.

2-1 TFC, Pozuelo and Dwyer both get goals.
    3-2. Add Jozy to the list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think there are way to mitigate his downward spiral and TBH I'd rather do that as oppose bring in a kid or Zavaleta to fill the spot.
    I figured we should have him in the center of a 3 CB back line like we did with Moor. Might be the only way to prevent him from wandering laterally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our best CB pairing is sadly Mavinga and Zavaleta right now. Omar has become a massive liability and I seriously doubt we are sniffing playoffs if he is trotted out there every game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    osario and laryea to come on in the 2nd half if canada lose on thursday, morrow at RB if auro isn't fit

Not that i don't want them back but nothing would be more satisfying than to beat Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything can always happen, of course.
    But, I am afraid that the spread between the 2 teams is just too great, especially with so many of our best players out. Canada currently sits 70 while Mexico is 10 (if I am not mistaken)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Tesho was going to be that guy but it has never come together for him.

He will never get a shot like this again, he has to take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nashville is now missing Walker to injury, Lovitz and Maher as well to COVID protocol, and Anibal Godoy to injury.

So half their defence is out, along with the second-leading assist guy and their DP Johnnier Cadiz.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed that Nashville have only played 4 out of their 15 games away from home so far, without any wins (3 draws, 1 defeat).

kind of ridiculous that the schedule can be so lopsided.