Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 219
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought that was a good game. I think that we are doing well, and that we have alot of work to do this season, which might mean what are you really going to do to win. If you wondered if they are content with draws, you might say that it would be interestting, the stop in Philedelphia. Its ultimately like saying, if you wondered whether we can shoot the ball more, it would be a good idea to me. Thanks,

    PawTar711


  2. #182
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Omar Gonzalez had a good game.
    Zavaletta alternated between brilliant and awful.
    Soteldo very good as always.
    Jozy seems fitter.

    Too bad that soft goal was let in, but still the defense is much better than under Armas. Reinforcements still desperately needed.

    Onward!


  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frustrating lack of energy in the last twenty

    Jozy was kind of a hindrance all night. Bradley was way too conservative. Delgado and the defends were sloppy

    Richie was okay but also killed several transitions.

    Disappointing second half.

    We really, really need to stop fucking around in the offensive zone and try to actually hit the frontmen occasionally.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Bazakos calls that PK himself it's not coming back. Same with the penalty shout in the first half

    Instead we get the shaft end of two borderline calls and don't win

    Best Zavaleta has looked for a while. Might be the confidence from his el Salvador (captain's!) performances but I think it's more to do with him just being much better as part of a back three

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Anyone think we should go for a proven goalscorer, we dont have a dominant striker right now on our team, and these results will continue until we do
    Until Jozy is off the books completely we don't have much options.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Morrow used to be be good.
    Morrow is the new Ashton Morgan
    Itís like your playing with a little over 9 men on the field with Morrow on the pitch

    This explains the tie score
    Last edited by stevep; 08-01-2021 at 08:54 PM.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean, I donít know how any striker scores as rarely as we out the ball into the box

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Until Jozy is off the books completely we don't have much options.
    Which is why i feel unless he decides to take a paycut he may need to be shopped around, at his current salary it doesnt make sense

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The summer of Dom is dragging on a bit too long for my liking.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,063
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6 points dropped at home now. Going to be tough to make the playoffs after that.

  11. #191
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the stadium

    Defence did ok. Bono was solid

    Osorio is better than Delgado or Priso.

    Jozy is a deceptively good passer of the ball.

    Mavinga going forward was neat to see.

    Soteldo has this ability to gain 5 metres against an opponent quickly.

    Richie needs a game off.

    Has Perez used more than 3 subs in a game?

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sec 126
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The undefeated streak continues but these ties are missed opportunities.

  13. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    6 points dropped at home now. Going to be tough to make the playoffs after that.
    not if we keep winning away lol

  14. #194
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,756
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Look at the celebration for Omar's goal. Man is Yef small.


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From the stadium

    Defence did ok. Bono was solid

    Osorio is better than Delgado or Priso.

    Jozy is a deceptively good passer of the ball.

    Mavinga going forward was neat to see.

    Soteldo has this ability to gain 5 metres against an opponent quickly.

    Richie needs a game off.

    Has Perez used more than 3 subs in a game?
    Thanks for this. Some thoughts from someone also at the game:


    We had control for the most part. Perez has gone back to a possession based system and it works for us.

    Zavs looked competent. The back 3 might be here to stay. Much more organized.

    As for Bono, he got beat near post off a throw in, otherwise didn't have a lot to do, so I'd disagree a bit there. Again came from him not commanding his area. Smart teams now target crosses right at the top of the 6 knowing he doesn't come for them.

    Also, while I agree with Oso > Marky / Priso, Priso looked pretty good after the first 15 mins or so. Bradley solid; he has really had a resurgence this reason.

    Dwyer playing like the player you need to defend a late lead, but no sign of scoring or contributing to scoring. Mullins a bigger scoring threat.

    will be interesting to see what is really going on with Poz. he has looked off all year.

    From where I was sitting it looked a very clear pen on Laryea.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-02-2021 at 07:25 AM.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From the stadium

    Defence did ok. Bono was solid

    Osorio is better than Delgado or Priso.

    Jozy is a deceptively good passer of the ball.

    Mavinga going forward was neat to see.

    Soteldo has this ability to gain 5 metres against an opponent quickly.

    Richie needs a game off.

    Has Perez used more than 3 subs in a game?
    I didnít catch the game but I was impressed in the extended highlights how many times Priso was able to get into passing lanes and break up the play. That seems to be his biggest strength. Unfortunately, I also noticed him sometimes losing a runner or cheaply giving the ball back after he did the hard work of winning it in the first place. Hope he continues to find minutes but I completely agree with your assessment Osorio (and likely other options) are better.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I didn’t catch the game but I was impressed in the extended highlights how many times Priso was able to get into passing lanes and break up the play. That seems to be his biggest strength. Unfortunately, I also noticed him sometimes losing a runner or cheaply giving the ball back after he did the hard work of winning it in the first place. Hope he continues to find minutes but I completely agree with your assessment Osorio (and likely other options) are better.
    A fair assessment but he needs to get minutes as he looks like he will improve massively each game, particularly playing beside the General. Plus his quickness not a bad thing to have there beside MB - I thought that was the best MB has looked in 18 months, and possibly Priso had something to do with that.

  18. #198
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Priso is good. Just Oso is soooo much better.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think Priso is good. Just Oso is soooo much better.
    considering he is 8 yrs older and makes 10 times more money he better be

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    considering he is 8 yrs older and makes 10 times more money he better be
    Priso is a better first-year TFC player than Oso was. Until he'd been with us for three seasons, there was serious doubt Oso would ever be athletic or dynamic enough to become a good player.

  21. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the prob is we move the ball too slow and we not getting goals from strikers,jozy seems in shape but is not a dp caliber player at this point,maybe its rust?to me the nashville goal was a foul throw in,its like var wanted nothing to do with this game,the last 2 refs at home are old out of shape that cant keep up with the play,those 2 refs were done 5 yrs ago

  22. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the prob is we move the ball too slow and we not getting goals from strikers,jozy seems in shape but is not a dp caliber player at this point,maybe its rust?to me the nashville goal was a foul throw in,its like var wanted nothing to do with this game,the last 2 refs at home are old out of shape that cant keep up with the play,those 2 refs were done 5 yrs ago

    LOL, well reg, you've hit on about six differn topics in one paragraph there and you're right about all of them.

    Bazakos is a terrible ref. He just calls nothing short of someone being shot within his line of sight.

  23. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't understand how the last play of the game wasn't even reviewed at all, absolutely criminal.

    On the topic of Priso I think he should be an everyday starter, he clearly has talent and athletic ability, Okello is similar but probably a little behind him in development.

    If the playoffs are out of reach they need to be appearing in all games as a substitute the very least.

  24. #204
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know xG doesn't tell the whole story but....our xG is horrible.

    We spend a lot of time getting the ball to their 18 & then stop advancing from there

  25. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't understand how the last play of the game wasn't even reviewed at all, absolutely criminal.

    On the topic of Priso I think he should be an everyday starter, he clearly has talent and athletic ability, Okello is similar but probably a little behind him in development.

    If the playoffs are out of reach they need to be appearing in all games as a substitute the very least.
    ... I think it didn't get reviewed because dufus with the whistle blew for the end of the game before they got a chance to intervene. On watching the replay the defender missed the ball and cleaned out Laryea ... penalty any day of the week. He should have let Nashville take the goal kick then blow for full time like most refs do. That way VAR would have had the opportunity to tell him to look at it but when he ended the game it's game over.

  26. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I know xG doesn't tell the whole story but....our xG is horrible.

    We spend a lot of time getting the ball to their 18 & then stop advancing from there
    We never hit the open man, or the runner trying to break the back line. It's all short passes trying to create an open look or crosses, and they always play for the best chance.

    But xG is based on chances, and that in turn is based on actually shooting the ball. We rarely do it.

    Why was Richie even thinking of bringing that ball down late in the box, instead of just hitting it? Why don't we just take the chances that are available? Half the goals in this league are junk rebounds or deflections off half-chance shots.

  27. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We never hit the open man, or the runner trying to break the back line. It's all short passes trying to create an open look or crosses, and they always play for the best chance.

    But xG is based on chances, and that in turn is based on actually shooting the ball. We rarely do it.

    Why was Richie even thinking of bringing that ball down late in the box, instead of just hitting it? Why don't we just take the chances that are available? Half the goals in this league are junk rebounds or deflections off half-chance shots.
    Sort of ironically, this was the stuff I was skeptical about with a Vanney coached team. Basically a latter years Arsene Wenger Arsenal, pass it into the net or die trying.

    I think the problem for us (much like it was for Arsenal when they got saddled with debt) is a lack of quality across the roster to play such a style.

    Weíve got to be pragmatic enough to score ugly too and be a little more direct in the attacking 3rd

  28. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We never hit the open man, or the runner trying to break the back line. It's all short passes trying to create an open look or crosses, and they always play for the best chance.

    But xG is based on chances, and that in turn is based on actually shooting the ball. We rarely do it.

    Why was Richie even thinking of bringing that ball down late in the box, instead of just hitting it? Why don't we just take the chances that are available? Half the goals in this league are junk rebounds or deflections off half-chance shots.
    With the exception of Jozy and usually Oso, we donít shoot - even Poz amd Soteldo hesitate to shoot. But Iím calm about this. Perez said heís solving the defensive problems first. Judging from the well rehearsed free kick, heís going to add some organized and rehearsed pattern plays - once he sorts the defence. I look forward to the ride.

    So far, he has under promised and over delivered. We do need to start picking up 3 points though. .

  29. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watched most of the game on replay today. My earlier post about the players performance was unfair to Bono - he made at least two excellent saves. Also, both penalty shouts were penalties - on the Jozy one the guy kneed him in the hammy (but I can see why the red didnít call it and I would rather have a wrong call on a softie than VAR) and the Richie one was blatant. He took him right out. Should have been both a pen and the no call reversed. Clear and Obvious. That said we didnít do enough to win, so not an unfair result.

  30. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    ... I think it didn't get reviewed because dufus with the whistle blew for the end of the game before they got a chance to intervene.
    I don't think that's it. Remember in 2019 when a Atlanta got a penalty call AFTER the referee blew the final whistle (and Martinez proceeded to miss it)? Or, at least I am pretty sure the penalty call came after the whistle.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •