Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 20 - TFC @ ATL Wednesday August 18 7:08pm - I Would Keep Myself

I Would Find Away

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta has won two in a row. Barco has looked good and Josef looks might be back to being Josef. This one could be trouble.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking at this like 2018 again. Our team is riddled with injuries and whatnot and despite having a good lineup on paper when looking at full roster we can't string anything significant together or keep a consistent starting XI. I have zero expectations for any game. Just want to see the guys putting in a shift each game whoever's name is called. FO needs to be figuring it out and planning now for 2022. That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am looking at this like 2018 again. Our team is riddled with injuries and whatnot and despite having a good lineup on paper when looking at full roster we can't string anything significant together or keep a consistent starting XI. I have zero expectations for any game. Just want to see the guys putting in a shift each game whoever's name is called. FO needs to be figuring it out and planning now for 2022. That is all.
    This. Sadly, at this stage, the team's lacking in options for rotations with so many injuries/other issues. I'm hoping that the players can come out of the match with no injuries no matter the result. TFC badly needs the international break to rest and recuperate + get a mental reset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    This. Sadly, at this stage, the team's lacking in options for rotations with so many injuries/other issues. I'm hoping that the players can come out of the match with no injuries no matter the result. TFC badly needs the international break to rest and recuperate + get a mental reset.
    And yet we have a bunch of prospects who were signed to the first team, and therefore are getting at least MLS minimum, yet aren't making the bench.

It's almost as if Curtis wanted the illusion of a youth development program. Otherwise, surely three-year first team member Julian Dunn would be stepping right in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's almost as if Curtis wanted the illusion of a youth development program. Otherwise, surely three-year first team member Julian Dunn would be stepping right in?
    Or Curtis wanted to force it on the manager and that's why more young guys got time with Armas (his pal) but less with Perez (a guy who wants the full time job). Also, Curtis may have zero power now so he can't force anything on anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Or Curtis wanted to force it on the manager and that's why more young guys got time with Armas (his pal) but less with Perez (a guy who wants the full time job). Also, Curtis may have zero power now so he can't force anything on anyone.
    The major issue in this respect has always been deferring to seniority despite form. Perez addresses this I feel after subbing both Jozy and Bradley. Last year Jozy started over Ayo in our playoff match and I thought that was the straight up most ridiculous thing ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And yet we have a bunch of prospects who were signed to the first team, and therefore are getting at least MLS minimum, yet aren't making the bench.

I feel like TFC should just commit to the long-term approach and stop trying to take a one-match approach. Here's hoping we see more young players on the field against ATL, but I don't have my hopes up. Javier Perez has always chosen players who are ready for first-team football (including younger players like Achara and Priso) rather than young players who might still be getting used to first-team football (like Nelson, Marshall-Rutty, Perruzza, etc.).

Now, though, he doesn't have much of a choice; he has to lean on those guys. Let's see how they fare given that no one's expecting us to get any points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find the quote, but Perez has stated he doesn't think Nelson is ready for first team minutes but said that JMR was ready to break into the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I can't find the quote, but Perez has stated he doesn't think Nelson is ready for first team minutes but said that JMR was ready to break into the team.
    I would agree with him on this. I would like to hear his opinion on Romero and Dunn and where they stand. Especially Dunn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I would agree with him on this. I would like to hear his opinion on Romero and Dunn and where they stand. Especially Dunn.
    Rocco is off on loan so I think we know the answer on that one. I don't have the faintest idea on Dunn. It is time to see what we have in him though. Can he be a 3 or 4 on the CB depth chart next year? We need to know.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 08-17-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocco is off on loan so I think we know the answer on that one. I don't have the faintest idea on Dunn. It is time to see what we have in him though. Can he be a 3 on 4 on the CB depth chart next year? We need to know.
    The problem with playing the young CBs right now is that there is no one there to mentor them. All of the veteran CBs on the team have sucked pretty bad this year, including Mavinga, who I’ve always thought as one of the best CBs in the league. Plus Bono couldn’t lead a backline if his life depended on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    The problem with playing the young CBs right now is that there is no one there to mentor them. All of the veteran CBs on the team have sucked pretty bad this year, including Mavinga, who I’ve always thought as one of the best CBs in the league. Plus Bono couldn’t lead a backline if his life depended on it.
    I think guys like Omar and Zavs could help him along. You don't gotta be an incredible players to teach someone something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, team flying down this evening

My dog is still not impressed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets them wake up and be ready for game day nice and fresh. I assume they are coming home between games, flying back after the match. Back down to Miami/FT. L on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW, team flying down this evening

My dog is still not impressed

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3 nil loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think guys like Omar and Zavs could help him along. You don't gotta be an incredible players to teach someone something.
    I’m sure they could teach something in training but I wouldn’t trust OG or Zavs to impress anything on the field except for bad habits.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the season… if it isn’t gone already. I thought we were better than NER (PRO were pathetic) if they call the Red or even Yellow on Bou, I dont think that goal happens. Even more interesting is that I have heard crickets on Ali criticizing the league. It was Perez and good for him. #aliout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    This is the season… if it isn’t gone already. I thought we were better than NER (PRO were pathetic) if they call the Red or even Yellow on Bou, I dont think that goal happens. Even more interesting is that I have heard crickets on Ali criticizing the league. It was Perez and good for him. #aliout
    What did Perez say? Didn’t see that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was more complaining about playing through the obvious offside https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...e-been-avoided

But at least someone spoke up. Ali = “crickets”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds about right. As good as Nelson has been for TFC II, he's still quite raw, whilst JMR is more mature with his performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    He was more complaining about playing through the obvious offside https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...e-been-avoided

But at least someone spoke up. Ali = “crickets”
    Thanks. Totally agree with him, it is verging on the ridiculous. VAR was meant to correct obvious ( and really important) errors, not change how the game. is played They are trying for a standard of perfection in a game that isn't perfect and shouldn't strive to be. Good to see it being dialed back in the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad that Perez called it out. Need more leadership like this from upper management.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ready for the Bradley show

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Get ready for the Bradley show

If only we had somebody in charge of the team to question the fitness department on what's going on with all the training injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this will be interesting…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got Delgado, Poz, Soteldo, Bono on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the sort of rotation most MLS teams do during heavy spells, especially with 2 games away from home & the second one in Miami in August.

That and its all about 2022 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perez has a backbone. And I like the balance of youth, speed and experience in this lineup. For every Bradley there is a Shaff and for every Zavaleta an Auro. Really interesting.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-18-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    A 3 nil loss
    wait wait wait...i wanna change this to a 4 nil loss.jus play some kids the rest of the year.