View Poll Results: How You Feeling About Home Games & Covid?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got No Problem - Going

27 54.00%
  • Feeling a Little Unsafe but Still Going

10 20.00%
  • Seems Safe from watching it - will go soon

3 6.00%
  • Seems Safe from watching it - can't go due to family though

3 6.00%
  • Been - Feeling unsafe so not going back for a few months

4 8.00%
  • Been - Feeling unsafe - not going back this year

0 0%
  • Feels Unsafe from watching it - might go back in a few weeks

1 2.00%
  • Feels Unsafe from watching it - might go back later in the year

2 4.00%
  • Are You Crazy? That's a Toxic Delta Variant Soup - NO Freaking Way

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After attending the first 7k game (which I thought was great) I said I would keep an eye on things before returning with the higher numbers of fans allowed. I’ve watched every game live on TV plus highlights since then. Every time I see a ton of people w/o masks, most of them obviously not eating or drinking, and many very close together. I’m surprised to hear that stadium security is monitoring this, because it doesn’t seem to be working. It’s probably too hard to monitor masking if many aren’t being compliant. Plus if somebody takes a sip of their beer every 3 minutes, maybe that’s enough to keep the mask off for the whole game w/o any complaints.

I also see some areas of the stadium very full, and some very empty. For those that have been to the last few games: if I ended up in an area that’s quite full, do you think I could move to an area that’s higher up and empty, or is stadium staff monitoring exactly where you sit?
    Ive only been to one game but no one checked my tickets. I think if you go to an emptier section AND distance you will be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After attending the first 7k game (which I thought was great) I said I would keep an eye on things before returning with the higher numbers of fans allowed. I’ve watched every game live on TV plus highlights since then. Every time I see a ton of people w/o masks, most of them obviously not eating or drinking, and many very close together. I’m surprised to hear that stadium security is monitoring this, because it doesn’t seem to be working. It’s probably too hard to monitor masking if many aren’t being compliant. Plus if somebody takes a sip of their beer every 3 minutes, maybe that’s enough to keep the mask off for the whole game w/o any complaints.

I also see some areas of the stadium very full, and some very empty. For those that have been to the last few games: if I ended up in an area that’s quite full, do you think I could move to an area that’s higher up and empty, or is stadium staff monitoring exactly where you sit?
    I sit on the second level on the west side. The back 10-15 rows are empty. Was very easy to move back to a comfortable seat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks guys, sounds good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would note that where provinces are providing a certificate program, sports venues are beginning to mandate vaccination status.

Winnipeg Jets arena + the blanket ban in Quebec on non-essential gatherings

Between this & the various institutions starting to mandate, I suspect we are within 3 weeks of a vaccine or recently tested mandate coming to BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would note that where provinces are providing a certificate program, sports venues are beginning to mandate vaccination status.

Winnipeg Jets arena + the blanket ban in Quebec on non-essential gatherings

Between this & the various institutions starting to mandate, I suspect we are within 3 weeks of a vaccine or recently tested mandate coming to BMO.
    I would really hope so that proof of vaccination comes into play in this province. I think it would go a long way in keeping things open as many in the medical community have been saying this is turning into a pandemic of the unvaccinated. It is really in the best interest of restaurants, bars, gyms etc to do what they have to, to remain open. Now if we see some sort of blanket mandate from the government like we are in Quebec that is a different story?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MLSEPR/status/1427711877514149888

Might make people feel a bit safer, seems like you're only getting in if you can prove you're vaccinated or show a (presumably very recent) negative test