Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 279
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default MLS Match Day 15 - TFC @ Chicago Saturday July 24 8:08pm - We are on a Mission

    Hopefully not a game like this








    ***************


    Have at It People

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interested to see if we are forced to a 3 at the back with Auro potentially out and basically no fullbacks on the roster.

  3. #3
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a game we should be winning. Chicago is woeful.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think we are really beatable,did anybody watch the 1st half last night,3 games in 10 days,one fullback on the roster,and he doesnt use the bench,and at least one big d blunder every game,what could go wrong.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope we don't get another Canadian referee(Petrescu emigrated to Canada/lives and works here off season)

    Someone was mentioning referee bias a few threads ago, and the last game just proves that. So sick of that shit.

  6. #6
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I hope we don't get another Canadian referee(Petrescu emigrated to Canada/lives and works here off season)

    Someone was mentioning referee bias a few threads ago, and the last game just proves that. So sick of that shit.
    I shared a cab with Petrescu on the way to a masters soccer tournament in Waterloo that I was playing in and he was reffing about 10 years ago. He seemed surprised I didn't know who he was by name. My brother used to raz him when he reffed London City games at Cove Road Field.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Dirty Shwa
    Posts
    2,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would really like to see Jozy start along with Poz and Soteldo. The game changed when he came on the other night.
    Also would like to see the return of the Schaff on the wing opposite Yeffy. If we have that type of pace on both wings, it will be hard for a lot of MLS defenses to contain us

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If were going to insist on starting Bradley every game he needs to be turned into a defender. Maybe bring back the Libero and see how it works out.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If were going to insist on starting Bradley every game he needs to be turned into a defender. Maybe bring back the Libero and see how it works out.
    He's really not a good defender, he never has been. In Europe, up until Italy he was primarily attack-minded. Even at Chievo and Roma he played two-ways as a pivot. He's good at blocking lanes but he's not an anchor or libero.

    He had 16 goals one season in the Eredivisie playing as a trailing mid, almost won the league scoring title. (Albeit at 18 or 19).

    Bradley is like Delgado but older, basically. Great at pivoting and starting a break (he had a great flank ball to Soteldo late the other day) and good at reading and breaking up the space between lines. The problem is just age and speed; how many effective 33-year-old number eights are there?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Predictions, anyone? Chicago seem a lot like us this year; they have some offensive talent but they fall apart defensively. They've blown three or four games they were leading now in the last fifteen minutes.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's really not a good defender, he never has been. In Europe, up until Italy he was primarily attack-minded. Even at Chievo and Roma he played two-ways as a pivot. He's good at blocking lanes but he's not an anchor or libero.

    He had 16 goals one season in the Eredivisie playing as a trailing mid, almost won the league scoring title. (Albeit at 18 or 19).

    Bradley is like Delgado but older, basically. Great at pivoting and starting a break (he had a great flank ball to Soteldo late the other day) and good at reading and breaking up the space between lines. The problem is just age and speed; how many effective 33-year-old number eights are there?
    I think he’s aging pretty damn well all things considered but he’s not the one-man wrecking crew in midfield he was in 2017.

    Someone’s got to throw his name up on the subs board in the near future. This sacred cow must be sacrificed.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Predictions, anyone? Chicago seem a lot like us this year; they have some offensive talent but they fall apart defensively. They've blown three or four games they were leading now in the last fifteen minutes.
    We are too good offensively to not score more than one goal a game. I predict well get a couple, whether we give a two goals I have no idea. This has tie written all over it.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We are too good offensively to not score more than one goal a game. I predict well get a couple, whether we give a two goals I have no idea. This has tie written all over it.
    Oddsmakers agree with you. We're due two and they quite often score or give up two.

    I'm going to verge towards optimism and say 3-1 TFC.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that if we do not win tonight, there is zero chance to catch the playoffs this season.
    Remember, at the point when Armas was shown the door, it was estimated that we need 2 ppg average in the remaining matches of this season to make the playoffs for sure. If we'll just draw, then in 4 matches in the post-Armas era we'll have 1.5 ppg. Just not good enough!

    It looks like the bookies are seeing TFC as a very clear underdog for this one.
    Odds right now:

    Chicago Fire - Toronto FC

    Tomorrow, 25 Jul 2021, 02:00 CET







    Bookmakers 1 X 2 Payout
    10x10bet +100 +294 +239 95.6%
    1xBet +106 +284 +229 95.6%
    Asianodds +104 +307 +249 97.8%
    bet-at-home -103 +275 +229 92.8%
    bet365 +100 +280 +225 93.4%
    Bethard +100 +290 +235 94.8%
    Betsensation +104 +300 +245 97.1%
    bwin +100 +275 +220 92.7%
    Coolbet +100 +304 +252 97.0%
    FEZbet +100 +280 +235 94.2%
    GGBET +116 +295 +200 95.3%
    Marathonbet +104 +284 +231 95.3%
    Pinnacle +102 +307 +247 97.2%
    Unibet -102 +290 +235 94.3%
    William Hill -105 +260 +240 92.2%
    Average +101 +288 +234 95.1%
    Highest +116 +307 +252 100.8%
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-24-2021 at 05:48 AM.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oddsmakers agree with you. We're due two and they quite often score or give up two.
    For sure!
    The average odds for the OVER 3 are at -113 right now, which means a high scoring match is expected.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    GAME DAY



  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All for one!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we win one this in a walk. I have watched the Fire twice, they have a lot of break downs at the back. Yefe will break through.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We've looked somewhat good against better teams, I think this one will be a clear win for the guys tonight

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think we win one this in a walk. I have watched the Fire twice, they have a lot of break downs at the back. Yefe will break through.
    With our defense, I would feel assured about a win only if we'll be up with at least 2 goals with no more than 20 minutes remaining to be played (counting the expected extra time too).

  21. #21
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FWIW, team flew into Chicago today.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Flying in on the day of the match...that can not be good!

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Flying in on the day of the match...that can not be good!
    Yeah, my first reaction too when I read that...
    The guys will be too tired after that travel. They should've done this yesterday!

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dunno, I always thought the “flying in the night before” thing was overrated. Guys sleep better in their own beds. Issue is risk of delays.

    I suspect the reason for this is minimizing Covid infection risk.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its an hour and half flight. That's literally nothing.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forgot the game was tonight. Not sure why I thought it was tomorrow. Oh, well. Gotta get that win tonight.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Its an hour and half flight. That's literally nothing.
    Plus at least 2 more hours of getting through airports - it adds up for footy players!

  28. #28
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Plus at least 2 more hours of getting through airports - it adds up for footy players!
    Aren't they flying all charters these days? Might not be as much airport delay in that case.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    551
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Aren't they flying all charters these days? Might not be as much airport delay in that case.
    That's what I'm thinking too.

    But I think the problem you have is that they probably have to go through US pre border clearance, which might only be available in the public parts of Pearson airport.

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jozy's Instagram story had a pretty clear Air Canada logo visible. Having flown to Chicago last Saturday I can say that the time spent going through security/pre-clearance matched the actual flight time.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •