Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Basically, I think they need to trade Poz for a number one defender and a back up striker, or equivalent value. Maybe to Norwich or somewhere like that so we can applaud his effort and not play against him. The other choices are to move Oso or Marky. But that still leaves the team unbalanced with two players who need the ball all the time to thrive.
    Insanity, dude.

You don't trade a DP in this league. Hell, he probably has a no-trade clause. YOu certainly don't trade a DP like Pozuelo, an elite foreign player, without it being his impetus. YOu'll never sign another.

Seriously, what free agent euro star is going to come to a relatively big club in TO, then be told in year three, 'heyyyy... you're a bit leggy now, so off to San Jose with you. Enjoy the bay area!"

Never happening.

Also, he's seemed a little slow coming back from injury but that's normal for any player. He was still the third-best player on the pitch after Soteldo and Morrow, and on an off day offers more than most MLS players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen many hot takes on this forum but trade quite possibly the best player in the league is up there, let's have some perspective here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not too happy with sub situation the last 2 games,the redbull have a 18 yr old LB,why not put yefe on the right and shaff on the left for the last 15 min.he did the yefe on the right for about 10 min and it worked,where are Nelson and Rutty,why have 3 striker subs,and and 2 cbs on the bench,endoh was brutal last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what an ugly game.
    The ref seemed like he didnt want to run much, called everything but no cards.
    Almost lost control of the match late, questionable calls/non-calls.
    Injury time was a joke.

What we know is Jozy is a big body and easy outlet to hold up and gain possesion
    Perez doesnt like using subs often- seems like his first half was not how he planned and couldnt adjust until half time- but clearly values/trusts delgado.

So Ill try to be a bit nicer with coach.

No training camp, thrown into the fire.

2 games in no loss and low goals against.

Should they been wins ? most likely- he is also stuck with Bono in net(someone mentioned coach did bench him with u-18 USA Nat) -- that could have been the difference between draws and wins.

regardless, i have the feeling he wont be the coach to churn wins- however, based on his limited time to implement his views and missing Gold cup players- mainly lawrence, laryea and osorio , i am sincerely hoping he can string some wins together.

I personally would have started mullins, but i guess dwyer was there to soften them up for jozy.

stadiums seemed not as full as the match on saturday- def not as loud or in sync.

was weird with random employees holding a wear your mask sign while anyone with a drink could just leave it off.

the space was okay - thought it would have been much worse.

the pitch is awesome, missed bright light games.

Aug2nd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Insanity, dude.

You don't trade a DP in this league. Hell, he probably has a no-trade clause. YOu certainly don't trade a DP like Pozuelo, an elite foreign player, without it being his impetus. YOu'll never sign another.

Seriously, what free agent euro star is going to come to a relatively big club in TO, then be told in year three, 'heyyyy... you're a bit leggy now, so off to San Jose with you. Enjoy the bay area!"

Never happening.

Also, he's seemed a little slow coming back from injury but that's normal for any player. He was still the third-best player on the pitch after Soteldo and Morrow, and on an off day offers more than most MLS players.
    I meant move Pozuelo, not trade. Of course you aren't going to trade him. He may be the MVP but he and soteldo do a lot of the same things in the same places, and it's really hurting the effectiveness of Pozuelo. If they don't work it out on the field he will be unhappy too.

Maybe they do a 4-2-3-1 with a midfield of Bradley -Delgado and a"3" of Soteldo Pozuelo - Osorio it will work but at the moment we are still less than the sum of our parts and are an unbalanced team. We need to fix those problems and to do that something has to give in the midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I meant move Pozuelo, not trade. Of course you aren't going to trade him. He may be the MVP but he and soteldo do a lot of the same things in the same places, and it's really hurting the effectiveness of Pozuelo. If they don't work it out on the field he will be unhappy too.

Maybe they do a 4-2-3-1 with a midfield of Bradley -Delgado and a"3" of Soteldo Pozuelo - Osorio it will work but at the moment we are still less than the sum of our parts and are an unbalanced team. We need to fix those problems and to do that something has to give in the midfield.
    Oh, okay, I can see that. Not sure if you're right but I'll buy the argument Poz on the other wing makes more sense now than in the mid -- if only because of how much he roams and how close that puts him to Soteldo's free space.

On the other hand, late in the game they sorta got on the same page and there were a couple of electric interplay moments in the box. I think maybe they just need time to gel together; Plus, Osorio has really shown this year that he has the wheels to play wide-inside if we need it.

Might be right. Tough to say. Good dilemma to have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our team has hardly played together. I think Wednesday was the first time that we had the same starting lineup. Let's let things settle FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AT LEAST and everyone get to know each other. Poz and Soteldo can play very different roles: Poz more passing; Soteldo more dribbling and crosses. I can promise you, each of them have played with other extremely talented midfielders at their previous clubs, each of them "wanting the ball" and they figured it out.

I don't know what to do about our weak spots. Do we have any idea what our cap situation is like? A travesty that Dwyer was signed; and a travesty that nobody (e.g. Gonzalez) was traded or bought out during the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There has been all this commentary about Soteldo being a “hothead” but almost nothing said about the effing travesty that caused it. This is a guy who has seen every kind of conmebol dark art.

The faked head injuries are new and are wrecking the game. It is worse here than in South America, based on Yefe's reaction, and based on watching Copa, it's mostly because the refs down there apply discretion in rules like this, whatever the book says.

Twice late this caused serious scoring chances to be stolen from TFC. Both times Soteldo was in the clear in space.

It is the most unsportsmanlike thing I have seen in 30 years of watching football. This is going to explode into the game, and you will see on field fistfights soon. Soteldo's yellow is nothing compared to the fury that is coming somewhere.

As teams are doing this, the ref has to generally allow the team to finish the move there. It cannot be an automatic whistle, and the context matters. Road teams or underdogs under pressure protecting results should not get the benefit of the doubt.

(Plus ffs get the time wasting right Petrescu. Blowing the whistle with TFC in possession in the final third with at least two minutes wasted during extra time and not added was absolutely brutal in the context of what just happened. I hope Manning went nuts with the league office postgame over that)

This will make me not watch, I swear, if they don’t fix it.
    100% agree. Could you imagine what would have happened if Petrescu had of blown the play dead with someone like Zlatan on a break. Zlatan would have kicked his head clean off his shoulders. There was minimal contact and yet he was quick on the whistle. Then to only allow 1 minute compared to the 3 wasted. It is a complete joke. In my opinion Petrescu should not be put in charge of another game. Mind you PRO is so inept they let Teledo continue to ref for how many years?