Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He seem a very solid defender about 80% of the time, but he has at least one brain cramp per game, sometimes more.
    Much like Delgado and Bradley, at least 2 or 3 giveaways in dangerous areas per game for the both of them. Just my thoughts, it happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I see.

Personally, I would make it no feinting at all, at any time during the penalty.
    So on this note, I kind of agree. I would like the majority of feinting to go away. The way Poz or Jorginho takes his kicks I think is okay because he is almost adding a hop but he isn't stopping like what Nani did.
    Let's say for example Bono did save this PK (he did get a hand to it and re-directed it after all). Well Nani faked him into jumping off his line early and then getting his hand to the ball and making the save. So, then the kick gets reviewed by VAR, he left the line early and Nani gets a re-take and then what. Bono gets a 2nd yellow and sent off? Yeah the feint in the run up doesn't seem fair to the keeper in an already unfair situation to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    So on this note, I kind of agree. I would like the majority of feinting to go away. The way Poz or Jorginho takes his kicks I think is okay because he is almost adding a hop but he isn't stopping like what Nani did.
    Let's say for example Bono did save this PK (he did get a hand to it and re-directed it after all). Well Nani faked him into jumping off his line early and then getting his hand to the ball and making the save. So, then the kick gets reviewed by VAR, he left the line early and Nani gets a re-take and then what. Bono gets a 2nd yellow and sent off? Yeah the feint in the run up doesn't seem fair to the keeper in an already unfair situation to them.
    It was never allowed and I don’t think they changed the rule. It kind of crept in. They should just stop it and go back to the original rule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightydm View Post
    it was never allowed and i don’t think they changed the rule. It kind of crept in. They should just stop it and go back to the original rule
    law 14: The penalty kick

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/505185...8juxw3-pdf.pdf

offences and sanctions

once the referee has signalled for a penalty kick to be taken, the kick must be taken; if it is not taken the referee may take disciplinary action before signalling again for the kick to be taken.
    if, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs:

The player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate offends:

• if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken
    • if the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts with an indirect free kick

except for the following when play will be stopped and restarted with an indirect free kick, regardless of whether or not a goal is scored:

• a penalty kick is kicked backwards
    • a team-mate of the identified kicker takes the kick; the referee cautions the player who took the kick
    • feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker

Last edited by wopchop; 07-19-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I can’t remember when that was changed but they should change it back. Might be completely wrong but believe that was changing because feinting had crept in and they wanted to make it easier on referees. I’ll see what o can find in the history but that’s certainly how it use to be called

EDIT: I was more or less correct - it changed around the year 2000 because people were feinting- see this:

http://www.askasoccerreferee.com/feinting-at-a-penalty-kick/
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-19-2021 at 08:24 PM.