Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 13 - Orlando @ TFC - Saturday July 17 7:38pm - Our House

Well...hopefully

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The undefeated Perez era continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like we have played Orlando 10 times already this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Feels like we have played Orlando 10 times already this season.
    yet mullinho yet to strike...mullinho hat trick incoming saturday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopes hanging by a thread it seems.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Canadian government have no back bone, spineless to the core.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so despite not having a venue nailed down. I haven't heard much in terms of injury reports and who is/isn't available. From what I think.
    We will be missing Oso, Laryea, Ayo to gold cup. Is Lawrence and Zav's also gone?
    Any word on why Mavinga wasn't in the lineup last game, was it injury related, is he still out? Westberg still out with finger? Then we have Romeo, Dunn, Achara, and Gallardo out also?
    Also with DeLeon not vacced (and if they don't have approval to play here in Canada) would he just be staying here and not travel with the team? Or go and play and then re-quarantine when he returns again?
    --Bono--
    Auro--OG--(Mavinga or Singh?)--(Singh or DeLeon?)
    Bradley--Delgado
    Endoh--Poz--Soteldo
    --Altidore--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s official!!!!! We playing in Toronto on Saturday!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    It’s official!!!!! We playing in Toronto on Saturday!!!!!!
    https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-cf-mon...rday-1.1667847

7,000 fans in the stands according to the news report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a win. The guys are gonna be so up lifted from playing at BMO and infront of fans. 3-0. Soteldo, Pozuelo and Mullinho with the goals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF you get to go to this game, please not the bag policy found here

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/back-in-action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    so despite not having a venue nailed down. I haven't heard much in terms of injury reports and who is/isn't available. From what I think.
    We will be missing Oso, Laryea, Ayo to gold cup. Is Lawrence and Zav's also gone?
    Any word on why Mavinga wasn't in the lineup last game, was it injury related, is he still out? Westberg still out with finger? Then we have Romeo, Dunn, Achara, and Gallardo out also?
    Also with DeLeon not vacced (and if they don't have approval to play here in Canada) would he just be staying here and not travel with the team? Or go and play and then re-quarantine when he returns again?
    --Bono--
    Auro--OG--(Mavinga or Singh?)--(Singh or DeLeon?)
    Bradley--Delgado
    Endoh--Poz--Soteldo
    --Altidore--
    You can pencil Morrow at left back if he's available

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the team's announcement

As BMO Field’s Official Disinfection partner, SC Johnson will supply the venue with disinfectant and cleaning products to be used throughout the stadium. They will also donate individual hand sanitizers to all fans.
    always have to have the corporate tie-in (not that hand sanitizer is a bad idea).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-15-2021 at 06:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring your rain gear

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    From the team's announcement

always have to have the corporate tie-in (not that hand sanitizer is a bad idea).
    Woohoo more hygiene theatre! I would have loved a corporate tie-in with 3M distributing N95 masks…

Although looking at OgtheDim’s post, I’m reminded of a few of the Euro games where people actually wore masks, and I was wondering how well it works to wear a mask in the pouring rain. Nuts how the weather report changed for Saturday’s game. If I manage to get tickets in the supporter’s section for this one, I might be missing my regular seats in the well-covered west side (where it would be very hard to get tickets though).

What do the ID experts say, does rain do a good job of washing the virus out of the air?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    What do the ID experts say, does rain do a good job of washing the virus out of the air?
    It should but it's outdoors anyway so the odds of transmission are minimal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Woohoo more hygiene theatre! I would have loved a corporate tie-in with 3M distributing N95 masks…
    Totally. Unlike some illnesses, Covid is primarily airborne spread, CDC says less than 1 in 1000 cases comes from hand contact with surfaces. The excessive focus on hand hygiene distracts people from the real issues.

Allowing in unvaccinated people in an environment where people are shouting, while serving food so that people will remove their masks, what could go wrong?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It should but it's outdoors anyway so the odds of transmission are minimal.
    Much less, but not zero in a crowded situation.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no scientific basis for this - but I don't recall seeing any massive spikes after the protests in Toronto or Peel over the past 12 months.

I feel a crowd controlled, mostly masked, physically distanced crowd at BMO for a couple hours is way less risk than in a population of non-distanced shouting protesters with poor mask compliance for an afternoon.

I imagine things will be fairly controlled - no big org wants to risk the publicity and headache of being an outbreak hub when they are desperate to get back to business - hence I feel early games while they might experience a few bumps and snafu's working things out - will be better then later games when people get lax.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feel comfortable in being there? It's simple, don't go.

Its when someone starts dictating how it should be for everyone else is when it becomes an issue.

15 months in and we're still having these conversations that go in circles.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I have no scientific basis for this - but I don't recall seeing any massive spikes after the protests in Toronto or Peel over the past 12 months.

I feel a crowd controlled, mostly masked, physically distanced crowd at BMO for a couple hours is way less risk than in a population of non-distanced shouting protesters with poor mask compliance for an afternoon.

I imagine things will be fairly controlled - no big org wants to risk the publicity and headache of being an outbreak hub when they are desperate to get back to business - hence I feel early games while they might experience a few bumps and snafu's working things out - will be better then later games when people get lax.
    Issues were seen where people just did close contact during the Euros but that was people congregating outside in groups - Scotland saw 2000 cases.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added anecdote, but the Texas Rangers had a full house and we were expecting it to be a super spreader. Not the case.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I think its comfort level.

I'm not sold on 15K in that stadium being 2 metres apart, which is the provincial law.

I would note the city just repealed the 2 metre in parks rule this morning.

I personally have made a decision to not go until August but that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Its when someone starts dictating how it should be for everyone else is when it becomes an issue.
    Someone always has to. It's a transmissible disease, so rules are needed to control its spread.

Societies can't exist without rules, because at times we're all exceptionally stupid creatures, and some people are exceptionally stupid and deluded all the time. If uncontrolled they pose a constant threat to the safety and security of others, particularly those without a choice of whether to be "there."

So small numbers of people always have to dictate how it should be for everyone else. At least in modern technocratic democracies, it's based on the best available evidence and not people's uninformed beliefs.

That's the glass half full take on losing freedoms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the match; any news on Westberg or is it another week of goalkeeping follies by Bono?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I'm not sold on 15K in that stadium being 2 metres apart, which is the provincial law.

FWIW - Somewhere in the email that went out yesterday there was a terms and conditions/fine print section where they explicitly say that they cannot accommodate the 6ft(2M) rule.

Edit - it's right on the contest page, 3rd bullet:

• Per the provincial governments reopening guidelines, please note that seats will be assigned without a 6 foot minimum social distance requirement. Seats will be spaced with empty seat(s) allocated between every pair of tickets issued for this match.
    Last edited by Smokecell; 07-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    FWIW - Somewhere in the email that went out yesterday there was a terms and conditions/fine print section where they explicitly say that they cannot accommodate the 6ft(2M) rule.

Edit - it's right on the contest page, 3rd bullet:

• Per the provincial governments reopening guidelines, please note that seats will be assigned without a 6 foot minimum social distance requirement. Seats will be spaced with empty seat(s) allocated between every pair of tickets issued for this match.
    I think they put that in there a) to let everyone know that it won't be exactly 6 feet (probably 3.5-5 feet depending on section) and, b) so that they can have a bit of teeth to enforce the masking requirements they have as well.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so difficult to enforce the rules for distancing and transmission.
    There is not way that they can verify whether people are one-dose, two-dose or no dose vaccinated before entry.
    There won't be enough stewards to enforce distancing requirements.
    And if have lots of chances or goals, then distancing may go into the dumpster.... Italian Euro winning friends know exactly what I'm talking about.
    And no-one can walk around in the concourse and guarantee that people will totally obey the distancing.

I want to see how the "experiment" pans out for these two games, so I will also sit games out until August. But it's fantastic if they can get these home matches going.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Responding to a couple of notes above:

- Yes outdoors is much safer, but not perfect, and the Delta variant specifically is a different beast. That's what's dominant in Ontario now. One example among many: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=3c22f04c6c49

- A footy match is different from a protest, where for the most part people are walking & not partying with the same bunch of people for 90+ minutes, masks off to sip on beer, cheer etc. Plus the big protests last year, we didn't have the Alpha or Delta variants yet, each much more transmissible than the previous version.

- Testing and tracing is so weak in many cases, nobody knows where many infections are acquired (protest, ball game or anywhere). Texas is an example, they're not doing much testing, and they didn't have much Delta variant until recently. Cases in a number of US states are blowing up now. I know that's primarily amongst the unvaccinated. But I've also heard from too many in the US incl. friends who got "breakthrough" infections despite being fully vaccinated. If the viral load is high enough, Delta can get you. Some have been pretty sick, although almost all don't have to go to a hospital or worse, which is great news due to the vaccines. (It's the unvaccinated or immune compromised they come in contact with in the meantime that will have the bigger problems.)

- A significant proportion of the Ontario age groups most common at a footy game have zero shots so far; another significant proportion have only one shot. If there was political will to make it easy for private businesses and other service providers, they could easily check for vaccination, but sadly that's not the case (yet). The EU has lots of other problems, but I'm jealous of the simple digital EU vaccine certificates all my family and friends are getting over there now, two weeks after their second dose.

Yes it's a personal comfort thing, in addition to a public health thing (unless you live by yourself, self-sufficient in the middle of a forest). If I can get tickets for this Saturday, I'm much happier with the 7k capacity, and will probably sit out the 15k games until I see where things are headed. (I don't think they should be allowing above 25% capacity until we're at 75% with two doses. Just think of the washrooms and other tight spots.) I'm personally hardly worried, but don't want to support and be part of something that might not work out well. Plus I want to enjoy the game, and not get pissed at badly managed situations or possible idiots in tight quarters.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-15-2021 at 01:29 PM.