View Poll Results: When Will You Feel Comfortable Going Back to BMO?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • July - ASAP

56 71.79%
  • August - Need A Bit

5 6.41%
  • September - Wait Until Fall

5 6.41%
  • October - A few more months

1 1.28%
  • November - Maybe Playoffs

2 2.56%
  • Next Year - Not Me This Year

9 11.54%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don't know the reports you've seen but all the data from large sample countries, like the UK and US, are showing even one shot of MRNA is over 90% effective against serious symptoms (And that includes the delta variant). You can see it here https://khub.net/documents/135939561...=1623689315431 but this is basically universal anywhere with a large enough sample to measure it
    Israel putting the Pfizer at about 64% efficacy on the Delta variant and the Lambda variant is too new to judge yet but this is the reasoning behind Pfizer requesting a booster to be allowed under the emergency use act. It's all hard to say right now as we're basically doing phase 3 trials live now. Time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Israel putting the Pfizer at about 64% efficacy on the Delta variant and the Lambda variant is too new to judge yet but this is the reasoning behind Pfizer requesting a booster to be allowed under the emergency use act. It's all hard to say right now as we're basically doing phase 3 trials live now. Time will tell.
    Is that efficacy against infection or hospitalization? The latter is way more important. There's also another pretty key reason behind Pfizer requesting a booster shot and that's $$$. While it may ne necessary, and if so let's do it, I would take their recommendation of "give us lots more money" as pretty predictable either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that efficacy against infection or hospitalization? The latter is way more important. There's also another pretty key reason behind Pfizer requesting a booster shot and that's $$$. While it may ne necessary, and if so let's do it, I would take their recommendation of "give us lots more money" as pretty predictable either way
    I was going to echo this...it did seem like trying to squeeze maximum juice from the grape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Press availability is set for 12:30PM for those interested to hear more. No indication if it will be made available online or just for the journos. Would make sense to have this public facing given what the end game is but who really knows.

Seems that was just the Jozy presser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Interesting...wonder if there was a last minute hiccup. The journos definitely received a communication this AM regarding a return to BMO. I think it was WTR who mentioned the 12:30 slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Interesting...wonder if there was a last minute hiccup. The journos definitely received a communication this AM regarding a return to BMO. I think it was WTR who mentioned the 12:30 slot.
    Did they? I saw lots of tweets referring to news coming later today, but didn't see anyone directly say it was BMO-related. Seemed people were jumping to that conclusion, understandably since Manning said it was coming today. I don't understand what our management is doing with communications. Is a BMO announcement still to come, if so why wasn't it part of the Jozy news earlier? What the eff is going on?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure they could figure out how to ticket this fast. A normal FO could do it but I think ours will need at least 2 weeks.

I say this weekend will be healthcare workers or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Did they? I saw lots of tweets referring to news coming later today, but didn't see anyone directly say it was BMO-related. Seemed people were jumping to that conclusion, understandably since Manning said it was coming today. I don't understand what our management is doing with communications. Is a BMO announcement still to come, if so why wasn't it part of the Jozy news earlier? What the eff is going on?
    While not explicit, this is...well, pretty explicit (At least about the game happening, not necessarily about an announcement today) https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some spec based on watching Queens Park over the last year

MLSE are dealing with a provincial government that doesn't do ANYTHING of note on a Monday, ever. Like, getting the province to a meeting today would be difficult, let alone on the weekend. The last time they tried to do something of note on a Friday, we got a bit of a feces show related to stage 3 lockdown parameters (that was the "you can't take your kids to a park" weekend). These people tend to take Monday to answer emails, not to have meetings.

As for Rollilns, burnt me too many times quoting him - remember his tweet saying the temp coach would be the guy doing TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While not explicit, this is...well, pretty explicit (At least about the game happening, not necessarily about an announcement today) https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967

Yeah, hard to trust Rollins after the interim manager thing. Speaking of which, isn't the permanent interim supposed to be named today also? Did I miss that?

In fairness, as Og, said above, there might be some provincial and federal ducks to line up with a BMO announcement and that would likely be out of their control.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Speaking of which, isn't the permanent interim supposed to be named today also? Did I miss that?

More and more looking like that whole discussion was a Curtis talking out of turn moment. Which is why I'm glad Manning is the one behind the BMO opening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Some spec based on watching Queens Park over the last year

MLSE are dealing with a provincial government that doesn't do ANYTHING of note on a Monday, ever. Like, getting the province to a meeting today would be difficult, let alone on the weekend. The last time they tried to do something of note on a Friday, we got a bit of a feces show related to stage 3 lockdown parameters (that was the "you can't take your kids to a park" weekend). These people tend to take Monday to answer emails, not to have meetings.

As for Rollilns, burnt me too many times quoting him - remember his tweet saying the temp coach would be the guy doing TFCII.
    At this point this all in the hands of the feds and getting the opponents across the border. The stages pretty much layout the provincial protocols for reopening and stage 3 begins Friday. There have already been ticketed sporting events in Ontario over the last weeks.

I am also sure logistics are involved in if the game can be open to the public this weekend. Recalling and getting staff in place. There has been some suggestion that Montreal may be closed door this weekend. Have we heard anything about the Jays proposed July 30th startup at the dome yet?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got word that staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday. Ushers , ticket takers etc

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    At this point this all in the hands of the feds and getting the opponents across the border. The stages pretty much layout the provincial protocols for reopening and stage 3 begins Friday. There have already been ticketed sporting events in Ontario over the last weeks.

I am also sure logistics are involved in if the game can be open to the public this weekend. Recalling and getting staff in place. There has been some suggestion that Montreal may be closed door this weekend. Have we heard anything about the Jays proposed July 30th startup at the dome yet?
    I saw a tweet last week that Aramark (who does concessions at Rogers Centre) was starting to reach out to staff/former staff about their interest in returning to work at Rogers Centre. Probably takes a bit of logistics to get everyone re-hired, onboarded, COVID trained, etc. Depends how much the team has been working in the background to get people back to work, but wouldn't surprise me if they take an extra bit of time to get everyone hired and coordinated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I saw a tweet last week that Aramark (who does concessions at Rogers Centre) was starting to reach out to staff/former staff about their interest in returning to work at Rogers Centre. Probably takes a bit of logistics to get everyone re-hired, onboarded, COVID trained, etc. Depends how much the team has been working in the background to get people back to work, but wouldn't surprise me if they take an extra bit of time to get everyone hired and coordinated.
    Just got word that the BMO Field game day staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got word that the BMO Field game day staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday.
    staff as in people selling drinks food or staff just needed for behind closed door game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket holder since 2011 in 110. Not a paying RPB member. I know it’s going to be tough to fairly distribute tickets but I hope I get a chance to buy tickets for this Saturday.
    Last edited by YYZ_Fan; 07-12-2021 at 10:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody on TFC twitter knows now information on next steps has gone out to supporters groups. Make of that as you will. Past experience indicates that some information will flow tomorrow, most likely to all SSH.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    staff as in people selling drinks food or staff just needed for behind closed door game?
    ushers, ticket takers etc were asked to sign up for a Saturday shift , so all is moving ahead that fans will be in the stands from a planning standpoint until the federal government tells you otherwise. Once they do everything else falls into place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure they'll allow any of that. I assume they won't want beer sales especially or even food because it means no masks for a bit. Maybe in beer garden but not in seated areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ_Fan View Post
    Season ticket holder since 2011 in 110. Not a paying RPB member. I know it’s going to be tough to fairly distribute tickets but I hope I get a chance to buy tickets for this Saturday.
    With 15,000 spots open I think we'll be safe. Season tickets at their prime were said to be around 20,000. Have to assume that number has dropped with team performance, and certain % beyond that would have opted for full refunds on their seasons. So the total number of people who have season tickets fully paid upto now AND are in Toronto AND have no hesitancy about jumping into a crowd that size is probably south of 15,000

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With 15,000 spots open I think we'll be safe. Season tickets at their prime were said to be around 20,000. Have to assume that number has dropped with team performance, and certain % beyond that would have opted for full refunds on their seasons. So the total number of people who have season tickets fully paid upto now AND are in Toronto AND have no hesitancy about jumping into a crowd that size is probably south of 15,000

my thoughts exactly. I expected supporters who are SSH to get first dibs at tickets. Makes sense.

I just hope that TFC isn't giving supporters who are not SSH a shot at tickets. That would be a slap in the face IMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not sure they'll allow any of that. I assume they won't want beer sales especially or even food because it means no masks for a bit. Maybe in beer garden but not in seated areas.
    was mainly asking about whether fans were going to be allowed or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they do decide to sell tickets for this game, I will definitely be looking for a couple of tickets myself (for anyone who cant or doesnt want to go but can still get tickets)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely there has to be some sort of deadline to inform broadcast partners and Orlando City...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely there has to be some sort of deadline to inform broadcast partners and Orlando City...
    and for fans making potential plans too...

i think we'll hear tonight one way or another...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was mainly asking about whether fans were going to be allowed or not
    All signs point to yes but how many and who is the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would have to have worked on this for some time with the feds. It feels last minute now, four days before game day, but the background work would have been some time in the making. I really feel for the people in the club making this work. It's challenging logistical stuff, especially when a government is involved. The back office staff are really earning their pay this week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would have to have worked on this for some time with the feds. It feels last minute now, four days before game day, but the background work would have been some time in the making. I really feel for the people in the club making this work. It's challenging logistical stuff, especially when a government is involved. The back office staff are really earning their pay this week.
    I wonder if this effort goes beyond Bill Manning, does it involve people on the government relations side of things for Bell and Rogers, who are well versed in dealing with the various levels of government?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this effort goes beyond Bill Manning, does it involve people on the government relations side of things for Bell and Rogers, who are well versed in dealing with the various levels of government?
    I wouldn't be surprised. And the Blue Jays represented through Rogers too.