View Poll Results: When Will You Feel Comfortable Going Back to BMO?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • July - ASAP

56 71.79%
  • August - Need A Bit

5 6.41%
  • September - Wait Until Fall

5 6.41%
  • October - A few more months

1 1.28%
  • November - Maybe Playoffs

2 2.56%
  • Next Year - Not Me This Year

9 11.54%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When Do You Think You Will Feel Comfortable Going Back to BMO?

As the box says...

The option is now viable (assuming teams can get here & the logistics of operations can be worked out)

How do people feel about when they are willing to go?

Responses are anonymous
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-09-2021 at 01:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, gonna say respect ALL decisions - these things are not easy.

This whole thing has been a series of personally tough decisions people have made & anybody deciding ASAP or not until next year or anything in between, respect to any decision.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I said ASAP.

I feel more comfortable now and will be much less comfortable later on.
    The longer we wait the closer we get to the next lockdown, meaning there would be more covid going around the closer we get to the fall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have went to start the season there so I'm comfortable going but I won't bother buying tickets, doing a lottery, or any weird seat package things if that's the plan. When my membership kicks in, I go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't answer the poll as is; it depends on a couple of things.

Vaccination news is great, about what I expected by August, which was always my estimate for limited capacity being allowed at BMO. I would normally be comfortable with returning by then. Case numbers also look great. ICU numbers still at levels (above 150) where some other health care services are negatively impacted, and if you look at the daily stats a large portion of COVID cases leaving the ICU nowadays are in body bags rather than getting better. (And many of those are in my age group.) But ICU and overall health care load definitely improving as well.

Unfortunately the Ontario (and many other Cdn) announcements so far don't mention anything about vaccination requirements for fans. Manitoba and Quebec are implementing vaccine passes, but not a peep from Ontario. That surprises & disappointments me, and makes me uncomfortable. It's catering to an extremist minority; polls show the vast majority of Canadians support vaccine passes and related rules for relaxing or imposing of restrictions. Plus the hints that they may drop all mask mandates by September, and apparently no significant plans for school improvements.

So for me it will really depend on:
    - What TFC might announce RE vaccination, spacing of fans around the stadium, any other safety rules. (I've seen some MLS stadiums spaced out quite well; while others have huge crowds in some areas and totally empty elsewhere.)
    - How the vaccination campaign continues in Ontario.
    - How Delta, other variants and overall caseload develop.

Maybe I'll watch the first game with fans from home, and get a feel for how things are handled and how others are acting. If things look OK overall, I'll attend starting August with a certified N95 mask. If things don't look great overall, maybe I'll wait until next year and reconsider. BTW I'll handle many other risky activities the same way, like indoor dining, gyms, events, etc. I'm ready to spend a ton of money to help things recover, if businesses and the government make me feel comfortable. Otherwise I'm fine with continuing to spend money on takeout, charity and safe outdoor activities instead.

I did have high hopes for Kieran Moore, so perhaps I'm just worrying too much, and I'll be happy to adjust my views if things go well.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-09-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get me in the gate ASAP

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me not immediately but will take it month by month as I see what happens in the T-dot with this COVID stuff. There was no "wait and see" option in the poll so I didn't pick anything. I have an immune compromised person I live with so we were isolating even when we were not having to in order to be extra cautious. Will keep the safety first approach going forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i live alone and have been double vaxxed for 3 weeks so would be very comfortable going asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ASAP. I would’ve felt comfortable going back last year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I did have high hopes for Kieran Moore, so perhaps I'm just worrying too much, and I'll be happy to adjust my views if things go well.
    He has done an excellent job here In Kingston so I have no doubt he should do good in his new role. I totally get your view of things from everything you've mentioned. Since I'm coming from Kingston, I'll probably wait a bit and see what's going on before heading down to watch any games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I can't answer the poll as is; it depends on a couple of things.

Vaccination news is great, about what I expected by August, which was always my estimate for limited capacity being allowed at BMO. I would normally be comfortable with returning by then. Case numbers also look great. ICU numbers still at levels (above 150) where some other health care services are negatively impacted, and if you look at the daily stats a large portion of COVID cases leaving the ICU nowadays are in body bags rather than getting better. (And many of those are in my age group.) But ICU and overall health care load definitely improving as well.

Unfortunately the Ontario (and many other Cdn) announcements so far don't mention anything about vaccination requirements for fans. Manitoba and Quebec are implementing vaccine passes, but not a peep from Ontario. That surprises & disappointments me, and makes me uncomfortable. It's catering to an extremist minority; polls show the vast majority of Canadians support vaccine passes and related rules for relaxing or imposing of restrictions. Plus the hints that they may drop all mask mandates by September, and apparently no significant plans for school improvements.

So for me it will really depend on:
    - What TFC might announce RE vaccination, spacing of fans around the stadium, any other safety rules. (I've seen some MLS stadiums spaced out quite well; while others have huge crowds in some areas and totally empty elsewhere.)
    - How the vaccination campaign continues in Ontario.
    - How Delta, other variants and overall caseload develop.

Maybe I'll watch the first game with fans from home, and get a feel for how things are handled and how others are acting. If things look OK overall, I'll attend starting August with a certified N95 mask. If things don't look great overall, maybe I'll wait until next year and reconsider. BTW I'll handle many other risky activities the same way, like indoor dining, gyms, events, etc. I'm ready to spend a ton of money to help things recover, if businesses and the government make me feel comfortable. Otherwise I'm fine with continuing to spend money on takeout, charity and safe outdoor activities instead.

I am very comfortable with going back. I have my two shots and will wear a mask foe peace of mind. I think being fully vaccinated will be a requirement. I have my official ministry of heath vaccination record saved on my phone. I figure short of a OHIP style card we will have to print out our record and shot it for entry. At least I hope this is what is done.

The fact is many sporting events in the US are packed to the rafters with no consideration of being vaccinated as in some places the governors have made it illegal for anyone to ask if someone has had their shots. New York is the only state with a voluntary passport program thats being used to re-open Broadway. So I do expect more out of our country and the provinces.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoffs. Not worth it otherwise.

But I might change my mind. I dunno.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im ready...got my 2 shots,i will wear a mask,i will not use the go train tunnel
    been going from day 1 win or lose..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely ready to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least not until I can get in for a haircut which is still 2 weeks away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Okay I agree with getting a haircut, but am growing out the beard for Father Christmas to visit my grandson Leif

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% comfortable. First game they let me in I’m there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hair salons and barbers have already been open more than a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly...not sure. It depends on so many things.
    Firstly I’d want MLSE to be completely transparent about how this would work in terms of seating...I would want us to be well spaced out throughout the whole stadium. I do not want to get there and find out we’re all crammed into a few sections so that they don’t have to hire as many staff. Would also want all washrooms to open. Would also want them to be clear on how they’re going to handle food and drinks etc.

Secondly, I’d want MLSE to be completely clear on who is allowed i.e. if we have to be fully vaccinated? If we do what proof is required? I don’t want to get down to BMO and be turned away because I don’t have correct proof.

Thirdly have MLSE appropriately co-ordinated with transit authorities ... I don’t think GoTransit is back to running at their full capacity and they use to run extra trains after the matches before.

Lastly, if they open it up at BMO and we don’t feel comfortable attending because of how it is being handled how does this affect our prepaid tickets - would we still be charged for them or would we get credit towards next years season seat package.

We should know all this and more before we decide to head down.

I’m excited that we’re now getting back to more normal activities but I need to be safe - I’m a designated caregiver to a 94 year old so I need to be super careful.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    Honestly...not sure. It depends on so many things.
    Firstly I’d want MLSE to be completely transparent about how this would work in terms of seating...I would want us to be well spaced out throughout the whole stadium. I do not want to get there and find out we’re all crammed into a few sections so that they don’t have to hire as many staff. Would also want all washrooms to open. Would also want them to be clear on how they’re going to handle food and drinks etc.

Secondly, I’d want MLSE to be completely clear on who is allowed i.e. if we have to be fully vaccinated? If we do what proof is required? I don’t want to get down to BMO and be turned away because I don’t have correct proof.

Thirdly have MLSE appropriately co-ordinated with transit authorities ... I don’t think GoTransit is back to running at their full capacity and they use to run extra trains after the matches before.

Lastly, if they open it up at BMO and we don’t feel comfortable attending because of how it is being handled how does this affect our prepaid tickets - would we still be charged for them or would we get credit towards next years season seat package.

We should know all this and more before we decide to head down.

I’m excited that we’re now getting back to more normal activities but I need to be safe - I’m a designated caregiver to a 94 year old so I need to be super careful.
    All of this...in a nutshell transparency and clear information.

IMO I'm doubled vax'd and if someone is in the stands near me who isn't - I feel the greater risk is on them - not me. I'd like to return as soon as possible and enjoy a little bit of normalcy bc I feel if we wait we're going to hit 4 Wave - and we'll be shut down again in late fall/winter. If we're vax'd and still masking and distancing - I can't see any clear reason to stay secluded and isolated unless we start seeing upwards trends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I’m aware but what kind of hack are you going to if you got an appointment so soon after 8 months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Saturday is a go - will be announced in the PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m aware but what kind of hack are you going to if you got an appointment so soon after 8 months?
    Mine's in a mall and the malls aren't open yet. I hope to get in sometime in mid to late August. I've got very short hair so there's not that much difference between a home cut and a barber cut, so I don't mind waiting.

As far as attending BMO, I want to see how things go for a few weeks first, unless they go with some kind of vaccine passport. I'm fully vaccinated, so risk of death or hospitalization is very low, but I still would prefer not to get sick as I have asthma.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm fully vaccinated, so risk of death or hospitalization is very low, but I still would prefer not to get sick as I have asthma.
    Some reports saying that this may no longer be the case. Lower than not having the shot but still not "low" depending on what you'd like low to mean. There's a decent amount of fully vaxxed folks in ICUs now. Reporting is just shoddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said August, because by that point I'll be fully vaccinated.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some reports saying that this may no longer be the case. Lower than not having the shot but still not "low" depending on what you'd like low to mean. There's a decent amount of fully vaxxed folks in ICUs now. Reporting is just shoddy.
    They need to report on who is fully vaccinated and is still getting the Delta variant. Is it seniors over 80 (who generally have poor immunity)? Is it the immunocompromised? Is it people my age? I wish I knew.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So what's the situation with tickets for this Saturday? Are they having fans for the match? Is it just supporters groups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the reports you've seen but all the data from large sample countries, like the UK and US, are showing even one shot of MRNA is over 90% effective against serious symptoms (And that includes the delta variant). You can see it here https://khub.net/documents/135939561...=1623689315431 but this is basically universal anywhere with a large enough sample to measure it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    So what's the situation with tickets for this Saturday? Are they having fans for the match? Is it just supporters groups?

No announcement yet

This will be the first large outside sporting event held in Toronto since Covid started & only the second one at all (Leafs game) & the first one, in theory, that is not just HCW. There might be concerns raised in the public about whether this is a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press availability is set for 12:30PM for those interested to hear more. No indication if it will be made available online or just for the journos. Would make sense to have this public facing given what the end game is but who really knows.