Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would say the grade on the manager for last night had to be an F.

Started players who played CONCACAF & they suffered.

Subbed in JMR for Achara in order to maintain the shape but then decided at minute 50 (when Jozy & Poz got up) to change the shape anyways & thus causing JMR to have to leave. Should have changed the shape after the Achara injury with Mullins in the middle (who would have done better against their defence) & then if need be, take him out.

If this team is trying to get set up for the Voyageurs, last night did not help.

Miami sets up really well for our team & is in a big funk right now so that game should go well. But Montreal next Saturday, beyond being a derby against the rivals, is a much tougher match.
    He seemed found out last night. He didn't have an answer to their setup and didn't trust the players he had on the bench, despite so many first teamers just off international duty.

Shaff was so predictable in the first half but there was no advice (or if there wasn't it didn't click) at half for him to cut inside earlier, to unbalance Robinson, or to try a mid-field switch with Soteldo. We just ran directly at the strongest side of their defence all night. It made zero sense.

The JMR thing was so egregious, I have to think he was told he had to play him or something idiotic like that.

Maybe he should be trained as a wingback for a while so that he knows when to cut inside, when to get back. If he has two-way responsibilities he's less likely to lose his sense of position while trying to move into offensive support positions.

May be that his nerves are keeping him from concentrating too, with all the hype.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-17-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not his best might, Perez. Agreed. “Found out” isn’t quite right though. More like “fucked up”.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it really helps, but looks like Bayern did the same thing - player on a high after WC qualifiers says he's good to go when he really wasn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest issue from the last match was that he seemed to have a substitution plan pre-arranged for Poz & Jozy regardless of circumstance so the JMR sub in was a stop gap to keep the Jozy sub "on time". No reading of the game or switching formations to suit circumstances. It was like the goal of the match was to get Poz & Jozy a run out at all costs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy definitely is no longer a player who should be a priority. Obviously he should be playing all the home games so the fans can give him a proper goodbye but he should not be a guy that needs to get on the field at any cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it really helps, but looks like Bayern did the same thing - player on a high after WC qualifiers says he's good to go when he really wasn't.
    The sports science people really need to be in the adults in the room here, both at the club level and when sorting out reasonable schedules for International Dates.

Still too much of “he says he’s good” and old-school, trust-your-gut logic being applied when making these decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    My biggest issue from the last match was that he seemed to have a substitution plan pre-arranged for Poz & Jozy regardless of circumstance so the JMR sub in was a stop gap to keep the Jozy sub "on time". No reading of the game or switching formations to suit circumstances. It was like the goal of the match was to get Poz & Jozy a run out at all costs.
    Perez told media today JMR is starting the next game and was pulled for “tactical” reasons.

Why do I suspect there is much here we aren’t hearing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Perez told media today JMR is starting the next game and was pulled for “tactical” reasons.

Unless there's an order, so improbable that it's probably from Curtis, to showcase Jozy for a winter move. Maybe Poz too but that's more reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless there's an order, so improbable that it's probably from Curtis, to showcase Jozy for a winter move. Maybe Poz too but that's more reasonable.
    Or more likely from Manning at this point.

I also feel alot of the critcism towards Perez is unwarrented, especially as he essentially had a total of around a 0% say in how the roster is built.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference here is that they were up 5-0 when they made the Davies sub in the 40th minute..had it been a closer match I'm sure he would have continued playing a bit longer.
    However still doesn't mean he should have been in the lineup at all with all the minutes he played for Canada.

I was quite surprised that Javier started Ritchie and Oso, Shaff I could see since he didn't play many minutes for Canada. I thought Oso should have been a 2nd half sub.
    I also don't know why he doesn't use all 5 of his subs that he has available? is it momentum, does he not trust the bench? Oso could have gone off 2nd half for Okello or DeLeon maybe, and Morrow in for Ritchie (although he was still playing decent late in the game and didn't seem as tired).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopeless dreamers these guys are if they think anyone is taking that Altidore contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

This wreaks of Perez being told he has to start JMR. I can’t even remember this last time a coach announced a player was starting for us before the XI was announced. Jesus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This wreaks of Perez being told he has to start JMR. I can’t even remember this last time a coach announced a player was starting for us before the XI was announced. Jesus.
    Possibly another piece for window shopping. Get in on that FC Dallas transfer sales market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling out a young player after 40 minutes(who did not play bad) for tactical reasons is idiotic.

Give young players the minutes for development instead of chasing pointless wins with vets. You are the caretaker, so act like one.

The season was over three months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Give young players the minutes for development instead of chasing pointless wins with vets. You are the caretaker, so act like one.

Thing is he IS acting like a caretaker. This is an audition for him so it’s all about win now in order to win this job or be seen for another. Can’t exactly blame him, although as a fan/for the team it’s not necessarily in our best interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Pulling out a young player after 40 minutes(who did not play bad) for tactical reasons is idiotic.

I don't think that decision was guided by the desire to win. It was to play our DPs at all costs. I think they were coming in at that time no matter what was going on and someone had to eat the minutes inbetween the Achara injury and the pre-planned double DP introduction and it just happened that it fell to JMR. On the plus side for JMR that move was so transparent that it's forced Perez to start him this match so not all bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that decision was guided by the desire to win. It was to play our DPs at all costs. I think they were coming in at that time no matter what was going on and someone had to eat the minutes inbetween the Achara injury and the pre-planned double DP introduction and it just happened that it fell to JMR. On the plus side for JMR that move was so transparent that it's forced Perez to start him this match so not all bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to go Perez.

Time to go.