Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's probably it. Just 5 on 5's working pressing shapes. With all the injuries it makes sense that we did minimal conditioning. I assumed it was over training since we were the most out of shape team in MLS for the past few seasons. So the one positive I was going to take from Armas; high level conditioning and fitness is moot. Therefore all Armas accomplished was abject failure and injuries.
    For sure, I also get the feeling Armas and Curtis expected way too much from the team, when simplicity was what was needed. So everything suffered, especially fitness from a poor off-season.
    Interestingly, Perez has his PhD in Exercise Physiology, so fitness and mechanics should be right up his alley.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-08-2021 at 12:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to be on the fun side of one of these tweets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    For sure, I also get the feeling Armas and Curtis expected way too much from the team, when simplicity was what was needed. So everything suffered, especially fitness from a poor off-season.
    Interestingly, Perez has his PhD in Exercise Physiology, so fitness and mechanics should be right up his alley.
    Fair. I did not or something Bradley said about Perez in today’s TSN article was “clear instructions”

Suppose it wouldn’t be a stretch to say whatever Curtis and Armas were trying to do was over-baked and poorly communicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having watched the replay, that was a very good away performance. Akinola with his best game of the season, Gonzalez his best since Leon, Bradley Delgado and Poz back to their own selves, Yefe looked dangerous. Bono is who he is. Dwyer is...not DP quality anymore.

Singh is way too passive defensively, basically taking entire plays off (see this game plus the Montreal one), which isn't acceptable at this level (or any level really). At times he does look very good, but he needs more time. I hope we get to see Dunn and even Romeo soon, even though I'm not really convinced by them either. Such is life when you really only have one MLS starter level CB, and I'm not exactly happy with him either after basically throwing the last game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seems to be genuine affection for Javier Perez. Interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    There seems to be genuine affection for Javier Perez. Interesting.
    He looks like an angrier Paolo Di Canio on the side lines but seems to be a likeable guy. I hope he gets a fair shot & does well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone commented on WTR that they heard the game on the 17th will be played in Toronto in front of 4000 health care workers like the leafs game 🤷🏼

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone commented on WTR that they heard the game on the 17th will be played in Toronto in front of 4000 health care workers like the leafs game 路

I'm not going to be liked much for saying this but

eff that

HCW get seen because they are accessible to the media & are largely in the same class as the media

Essential workers KEPT this city going out of the warehouses & trucking companies of the NW part of this city

Largely unseen, unnoticed non-white, less educated poorer people who made up the bulk of those HCW's patients because....well...reasons not to get into here

HCW got 2 shots before the rest of us could

Give it to 4K of Amazon workers who kept this city going. (and, no, I ain't Amazon)

Giving the tickets to HCW who make on average 4x what those essential warehouse people do is just flat out class bullpuckey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

eff that

HCW get seen because they are accessible to the media & are largely in the same class as the media

Essential workers KEPT this city going out of the warehouses & trucking companies of the NW part of this city

Largely unseen, unnoticed non-white, less educated poorer people who made up the bulk of those HCW's patients because....well...reasons not to get into here

Give it to 4K of Amazon workers who kept this city going. (and, no, I ain't Amazon)

Giving the tickets to HCW who make on average 4x what those essential warehouse people do is just flat out class bullpuckey.
    I get what you're saying, but it's probably a lot easier to organize and arrange things for HCW because they're easier to group together and organize than it would be for for front-line workers who work for a disparate range of companies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it's probably a lot easier to organize and arrange things for HCW because they're easier to group together and organize than it would be for for front-line workers who work for a disparate range of companies.
    Let's be real. I doubt that the thought of what is easier even entered their minds.
    HCW are well deserving, and most people will think of them first.
    Feeding on that public perception, inviting HCW is an easy moral victory that MLSE can have broadcast on television, news etc and gain them reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Let's be real. I doubt that the thought of what is easier even entered their minds.
    HCW are well deserving, and most people will think of them first.
    Feeding on that public perception, inviting HCW is an easy moral victory that MLSE can have broadcast on television, news etc and gain them reputation.
    It’s like Armed Forces Day. Basically MLSE PR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eff that

Where are those essential workers - often Brampton. Where are many CNMT young stars from - Brampton. It’s actually a natural

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It’s like Armed Forces Day. Basically MLSE PR
    Such an American approach to PR too! There’s barely enough personnel to round up for a game, unlike the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eff that

My wife is a HCW so i might be a little biased, but I do understand your point. HCW certainly don’t hurt for pay and lots of people doing essential jobs do (unfairly I would add). The only Point I would make is that HCW’s are all pretty much vaccinated, not true with everyone else, so it may just be a choice of necessity until vaccine passport is established.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is a HCW so i might be a little biased, but I do understand your point. HCW certainly don’t hurt for pay and lots of people doing essential jobs do (unfairly I would add). The only Point I would make is that HCW’s are all pretty much vaccinated, not true with everyone else, so it may just be a choice of necessity until vaccine passport is established.

Thanks for understanding - I have family who are HCW too & I get that side of things. I just think like others have said, this is the easier approach (if its true at all).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for understanding - I have family who are HCW too & I get that side of things. I just think like others have said, this is the easier approach (if its true at all).
    There are suggestions Ontario will move to stage 3 on July 16, which I believe would open outdoor events to 5,000 people. So that would align with this. The border issue still stands though, with the timing of the renewal agreement on the 21st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eff that

Fair comment I get where you are coming from but I will say this though frontline HCW had to witness a lot of suffering looking after covid patients and had to be surrogate family for patients who were not allowed visitors, that had to take a toll. Despite there higher pay giving them a break or a day out to feel normal is not a bad thing but you are also right in that more could and should be done for essential workers.

To you and any other essential workers on here Thanks for all you have done

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    There are suggestions Ontario will move to stage 3 on July 16, which I believe would open outdoor events to 5,000 people. So that would align with this. The border issue still stands though, with the timing of the renewal agreement on the 21st.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    15,000 seated; 5,000 if not seated. Would require modified rules for BMO Field and especially the south end until Step 4.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    15,000 seated; 5,000 if not seated. Would require modified rules for BMO Field and especially the south end until Step 4.
    the seating is about people being logistically spaced out...some sort of outside concert with people jut standing around for instance wouldnt be able to space people out properly, so lower capacity.

it said sports venues 15000.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are seats in the south end.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguing about who is "more worthy" to take in a TFC game feels a bit petty. Let's just be glad that TFC is back in town and hopefully will have a supportive crowd, they've missed that!

MLSE hasn't even discussed their plans yet and people are arguing over the non-existent plans!