Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I didn't specifically see it mentioned before: in addition to all the problems described above, Kemar Lawrence was utter trash today, throughout the whole game. Multiple times, both on offence and especially on defence, he wouldn't run or put in an effort to get where he obviously needed to be. Not sure it was demotivation, cluelessness or some combo of the above. I was especially surprised because he was the one chosen for the pep talk / interview during the last week.

And PLEASE not Bradley for coach, not even interim. I really believe he currently lacks the self-awareness required for that. Yes he's been a great soldier for the team in the past, but he doesn't show anything that he could be coach & turn around a high-paid underperforming team like TFC. Maybe he would be a great coach in the future, after getting his licenses and some experience coaching at lower levels. But not now. I would much rather have the TFC II guy or Dichio as a caretaker, and there are plenty of other candidates for an interim position as well.

Curtis and Armas both gotta leave right now, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I might just not give a f*ck about TFC. other things to do then watch a disaster unfold.
    This is the only way you get real change.

I dropped 20K on season's tickets 2007-2012. Cut them off at the beginning of 2013, didn’t watch much either that year. I am pretty sure there were a lot of people like me.

Leiweke was hired because the suits notice ticket sales and TV numbers, and not much else.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I turned the match on ten minutes late because I was getting dinner organized after the England game and we were already down by 2. It was shocking and just got worse. You might be right Ensco. It feels like a time to force senior managements hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checking in, have the 2 numpties been fired yet? Once they are gone, Jozy will return. In what shape who knows but having our 3 DPs out there for once, before 1 leaves would be quite nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel terrible for our veterans, going through this. Guys like Justin Morrow. They deserve better.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Michael Bradley - I love the guy, but I think if you take his comments at face value (that Armas has 1000% support) you could make the case that he himself may have also lost the room. I wonder if this is the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    So Michael Bradley - I love the guy, but I think if you take his comments at face value (that Armas has 1000% support) you could make the case that he himself may have also lost the room. I wonder if this is the case.
    That is a good point, although Bradley didn’t seem any more motivated than anyone else last night. Could be he just felt bad for Armas and didn’t want to throw him under the bus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, mathematically TFC is still in the playoff race. If they can string together a couple of wins (hell I'll take a couple of ties) they could start clawing their way up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re-watched the highlights - imho 6 of the 7 goals can be pegged on defensive awareness, positioning and intensity (they are jogging). One goal was a bad bounce (3rd one). The Zavaletta 2nd red card was just so stupid, even though Mavinga has not been playing his best, he was there to back up.

Either it is very stupid preparation and tactics by the coach and GM (mostly), but more importantly they need to remember there is a crest on their shirts and for the supporters that crest means a great deal. We weren’t beaten, we were humiliated by an average team at best. Don’t wait until next week…fire Ali and Armas today.

This is a franchise moment…WAKE UP MLSE. If Manning doesn’t do it then begin the background search for Manning as well.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-04-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Well, mathematically TFC is still in the playoff race. If they can string together a couple of wins (hell I'll take a couple of ties) they could start clawing their way up.
    JDG mentioned last night that we’d need to win 14 of the remaining 23 games to make the playoffs. That is an impossible feat with the team’s current configuration.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-04-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The captain must support the manager. He must. Bradley is just doing his job. It means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    given his disputes with Jimmy Conrad and other US Nats over the years, I’m not quite sure there has ever been the love
    in the Locker room for MB as has been presumed. I certainly don’t think he’s a verbal leader on the pitch; he’s always been about leading by example, work ethic.

I also get the sense he expects too much of himself at his age.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be really interesting if they hire a coach who is willing and able to bench Bradley when he needs a break, or when it's better for the lineup and team tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re watched the extended highlights a truly disgraceful performance for guys getting paid for a sport that most people just play for fun. Every single player should be ashamed of themselves , if you don’t want to play they give it up and go to work like the rest of us here who some get up very early in the morning to go make a living and then to spend our hard earned money to pay for these fools salary just fucken pathetic and disgraceful. I would be embarrassed to show my face for awhile if I was on the field for that but this shit brainless play by these fools has been going on most of the season so far. They have disgraced themselves, the city and the shirt 7-1 in soccer are you kidding me !