Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what point do we start cancelling our season seats :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    and the in-house nonsense with Jozy who sits and doesn’t play, but isn’t traded either, and a coach who never had the room from Day 1.

This is one of my biggest problems, the guy is like 1/3rd of our fucking budget, a serious threat and he's not even on the bench. Get over yourself and do whats best for the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, got my wish! Fire the coach and general manager today. They put together this mess!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too many things wrong defensively..gotta get a couple high quality cb's as its just too much for gonzalez zavaleta

offense came in large part from three bradley interceptions in the last 40 meters of dc and he created the goal with one of them..gotta start pozuelo every game now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If Manning wants to save his job he cans them both before Ali can say anything arrogant and stupid, like “Chris is still our guy” or some other abomination of a position.
    This times 100

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for not referencing properly - TL Letter from 2013.

Thought some make like to read this again in light of this season so far.....

———————————————-

Thursday, September 5, 2013

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.

MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.

Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.

Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.

In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.

When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.

Yours truly,

Tim signature

Tim Leiweke

President & CEO Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Guzman basically saying the problem is the coach

Edit

Now saying the problem is also the GM

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Sorry for not referencing properly - TL Letter from 2013.

Thought some make like to read this again in light of this season so far.....

———————————————-

Thursday, September 5, 2013

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.

MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.

Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.

Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.

In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.

When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.

Yours truly,

Tim signature

Tim Leiweke

President & CEO Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

Thank you, brings a tear to my eyes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empty stadium when they return…we need to show them for real..Dortmund fans turned their back on the players….Juve fans protested outside stadium…we create the atmosphere and the thrill of the game…ownership owes us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the bookies even going to take bets for the game on Wednesday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG spoke the truth in his post game comments. Hopefully those that can make change were listening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    At what point do we start cancelling our season seats :/

I think we should all call in and make the request.

Maybe they'll get alerted and bring together a town hall meeting lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Are the bookies even going to take bets for the game on Wednesday?
    My only salvation this year has been betting against us repeatedly all year....picked up a nice Red “Davies 19” Canada jersey the other day....it just pays for itself.....can’t wait for the TFC jersey sale at the end of this year - is there such a thing as 120% off?! 😂😂😂😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s no way Armas survives. Just a question of whether Curtis goes too. Although I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my football point of view

we had to pay for winning over wayne rooney and co

we payed today

( hahaha, it was revenge, but not served cold )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo looking genuinely dangerous today. If not for the shambolic defense we should roll over this team. Cripes.

Its just all the more evidence Vanneys tactics minimized our weaknesses, Armas’s expose them.
    This is the entire issue and has been from inception. Playing a high press with an aging slow roster will always lead to disaster; even discussing it was ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point i wont be happy unless all 3 and there new contracts get canned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our stat line in this is horrific. 68 percent passing, outdueled -20, outshot 18-6

If Armas had humility and self respect he’d resign.

between Pozuelos last dangerous pass and Mavinga
    letting Kamara cruise in, I’d almost think our guys are throwing it, they’re so bad right now.

Curtis and Manning too - the entire front office should resign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are at home & upper management during runs like this, you feel the pressure becasue NOBODY wants to look at you, nobody wants to interact with you because they know this is all not good.

These people don't have that right now.

I honestly don't know if they have the understanding of just how BAD this all is.

Like, there was Bradley after the game talking about how the players are still 1000 percent behind the coach & how its just bullshit (his words) that people are blaming the coach & how the team is still in it because there are 69 points still available with 23 games to go.

If they could hear the boos - if they could feel the worry - if they could see how this all makes fans feel - they'd not be talking this way.

But, instead, because they don't interact with fans or with anybody but the bubble they know, this is all "a problem" that has to be solved & can be solved by them when in reality its a situation that requires a personnel change & an understanding that its going to take time to fix.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And can we please stop with the "its tough not being home" stuff.

I am so done with that.

Like, until 3 days ago NONE of us could legally get a haircut. Its been tough on us all.

&

If any of us had screwed up at our job, we could be fired. Heck, I know that is true because....I fired some people this last year.

So stop with the "its tough on us". Yup, but we are all here - wtf are you going to do about the situation you are in?

Do you wait until you can take off your mask to revel in the freedom?

or

Do you get a damn vaccine as soon as possible & then wait until you can take off your mask?

Cause, like it or not responsibility doesn't care about the fact you all are in Florida & not here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is always going to be a good soldier. He won't call anyone out in public. Even when TFC "mishandled" his injury it was Jozy who called out the team for that, rather than Bradley. As long as Armas is TFC's manager, Bradley is going to publicly support him. Behind closed doors though, could be a totally different story.
    What Bradley said about 69 points still being up for grabs is true. He knows better than anyone winning the MLS cup is about who finishes the season best. TFC can still make adjustments (i.e., cut Armas) and be a threat to win, but time is running out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they play weds NE loss,and then they play on the 17TH,armas has to go by monday,the ball boy can coach weds and have somebody by the weekend,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New gm and coach,who do you want?

I dont like to see anyone fired,but its going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Empty stadium when they return…we need to show them for real..Dortmund fans turned their back on the players….Juve fans protested outside stadium…we create the atmosphere and the thrill of the game…ownership owes us
    Not until half time 'til we all jump over the ledge in the southend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God I couldn't watch this game.

Genuinely thought Cincinnati was the low point. I didn't think it would get so much worse. I was an idiot.

Not as big an idiot as Armas though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats even worse is ha people sopped posting. hey Larry, they all gotta go. like tomorrow. I got home late from the Englnd game and missed the first ten minutes. i still watched the shit show starting at 2-0 down. But you are on a really short leash right now. As covid opens up and there is fun stuff to do, for the first time since 2007 I might just not give a f*ck about TFC. other things to do then watch a disaster unfold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone with a proven record; who has proper certificates and coaching licenses, maybe look to do a European partnership with a proven European club similiar but not identical to NYCFC, however anything is better than Armas/Curtis at this time

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I got my haircut today - first time in a year

Sat and had a slice of pizza in a park...was kinda nice

How was everybody else's day?
    Went to two awesome conservation areas I had never seen before, with the family.

Afterwards we had our first dinner on a patio since BC (Before COVID). All that was great.