Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 9 - TFC @ Nashville - Wed June 23 8:38pm - Off to Tenessee

A good excuse to hear this song

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A good excuse to hear this song

Have at It People
    Crickets.

Surprised Cameron Lancaster didn’t make it with them. Once rated higher at Spurs than Harry Kane before injuries curtailed his development.

But he tears up USL, suggesting the skills arent gone. No room for him in Nashville, maybe we should take a flyer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Crickets.

Surprised Cameron Lancaster didn’t make it with them. Once rated higher at Spurs than Harry Kane before injuries curtailed his development.

But he tears up USL, suggesting the skills arent gone. No room for him in Nashville, maybe we should take a flyer.
    Our forwards are okay right now. I would look long and hard for a Moor type CB to play with Mavinga & Singh (but use Mavinga & Singh until that time). I thought Gonzalez could be that organizer at the back like Moor after he realized his legs were gone but it hasn't stopped him from being our most caught out of positioned player in every match.

Plus I say again; if Gonzalez starts, we lose. That's how it is now. I still say if Singh & Mavinga played against Orlando last Saturday we would have won. Singh might make positioning errors as he is young but he won't do anymore than Gonzalez does and he has a chance to recover which SlOmar does not.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-21-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game has draw written all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draw or a loss won’t cut it. We I desperately need six points out of these next two games or else Armas has to be on his way out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Draw or a loss won’t cut it. We I desperately need six points out of these next two games or else Armas has to be on his way out
    So let's see......draw or lose on Wednesday, and Armas is automatically out, since in that case it won't be possible to get the 6 points as you have suggested?

I'm not sure why people keep calling out on Armas considering:

1. The team hasn't even played 10 games in league play yet
    2. This new coach is brining a new system, which takes time to get used to/execute properly, and not to mention having the correct personnel to do so
    3. On top of a new system, the team also didn't really have a proper pre=season, and played much few games then they normally would've
    4. At no time has the team had all 3 of their DPs on the field at the same time
    5. Plus their top DP only played his first game on the weekend - you can tell the buildup/attack starting to click

If you didn't bring in Armas, then who else does everyone suggest they ought to have brought in instead, and do you believe they'd have a better record by now (of course this is speculative)?

And if you do go ahead with letting Armas go, then what do you do? Do you bring in a temporary coach who will fill in while doing a long extensive search for their new coach in time for next season? What type of style do you want the team to be playing then? Or do you bring in a new permanent coach right away? And do you have someone lined up right away for this case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this stage, I'd be happy with anyone with a coaching license.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    So let's see......draw or lose on Wednesday, and Armas is automatically out, since in that case it won't be possible to get the 6 points as you have suggested?

2. This new coach is brining a new system, which takes time to get used to/execute properly, and not to mention having the correct personnel to do so
    3. On top of a new system, the team also didn't really have a proper pre=season, and played much few games then they normally would've
    5. Plus their top DP only played his first game on the weekend - you can tell the buildup/attack starting to click

If you didn't bring in Armas, then who else does everyone suggest they ought to have brought in instead, and do you believe they'd have a better record by now (of course this is speculative)?

And if you do go ahead with letting Armas go, then what do you do? Do you bring in a temporary coach who will fill in while doing a long extensive search for their new coach in time for next season? What type of style do you want the team to be playing then? Or do you bring in a new permanent coach right away? And do you have someone lined up right away for this case?
    1 win out of ten is unacceptable anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like James said 1 win out of 10 is not acceptable. New system is square peg in round hole with the players we have and how long do you keep hammering. 10 games in you can't complain about shortened preseason anymore in my opinion as there has been lots of time now for match fitness. For all 3 DP's playing together....when have we ever had that for a string of games....or even one? We were one win away from supporter's shield without that last year. Pozuelo makes a huge difference but we can't rely on him to be the sole saviour with his brilliance every game.

Not sure what they do now and glad I am not in that business of figuring it out. I can't see this year getting straightened out and we start a winning streak as is though. Hopefully I am wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser is doing excellent in Colorado with a lot less resources. Arena has the Revs in the shield race with better but still less resources than we have.

The thing is that a really good manager should get the best out of whatever roster he is given. Players should improve and work well as a unit. No players on our team could be accused of playing better than they have in the past, in fact all are playing decisively worse. Add to that a complete lack of a team playing as a solid unit and zero cohesion and it's evidence that there is no plan or at least none that can be accomplished with these players. It's not like Armas-ball is some revolutionarily complex Guardiola type system that's confusing our players.

Now if the plan was a complete overhaul then you should give a few windows for roster change but Curtis & Manning said one of the reasons Armas was selected was to keep continuity and not gut the roster as the team was a match away from winning the shield with essentially no major tunrover.

As for who to bring instead? I am not sure we could have selected anyone worse. I would say Olsen is worse but I am not 100% sure if he actually is. However, Pineda is still an assistant in Seattle and there's no way he's worse than Armas.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder

Kickoff is 8:38

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9:08 Newfoundland....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most interesting thing about tonight is who will start in goal. Does Westberg get another shot or did he do enough bad to justify never seeing the pitch again? Otherwise I bet it's the same lineup with an even more gassed Omar slugging around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    9:08 Newfoundland....
    Actually 10:08. 9:38 here in beautiful Nova Scotia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy that expectations for this club have plummeted back to pre-Leiweke levels.

Kloke says Armas is highly likely to get the entire year. Molinaro saying he doesn't get sacked unless he performs as poorly as Winter in 2012. This is the standard? Insanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has already done worse than Winter, Winter at least got us to the Champs league semis even with Paul Mariner's knife in his back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Crazy that expectations for this club have plummeted back to pre-Leiweke levels.

Kloke says Armas is highly likely to get the entire year. Molinaro saying he doesn't get sacked unless he performs as poorly as Winter in 2012. This is the standard? Insanity.
    Well we have that one win so we're ahead of the Winter pace but by mid July we could be threatening it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely gutted from Hungary not advancing in the Euro's.

I don't even want to watch this game knowing well shit the bed, and somehow Armas is being given the full season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm absolutely gutted from Hungary not advancing in the Euro's.

I don't even want to watch this game knowing well shit the bed, and somehow Armas is being given the full season.
    On the contrary, I am absolutely delighted to see Germany advancing and facing the Maple Leafs of international soccer (England) in the round of 16.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With both the Euros and Copa in full swing and the quality and excitement we have seen who is ready for tonight , hopefully the Reds can do well, but I’m not sure.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

So basically, unless you post one of the worst records in MLS history your job is safe? Good grief.

This is a heck of a low standard to keep leading up to 2022 and 2026, which will both be major potential inflection points for fan interest in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    On the contrary, I am absolutely delighted to see Germany advancing and facing the Maple Leafs of international soccer (England) in the round of 16.
    Death, taxes, and Germany beating England, the sure things life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    At least Gonzalez isn’t playing 🤷🏼

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deserved start for Zavs after some good outings for El Salvador. Gives OG a rest in advance of the weekend as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Deserved start for Zavs after some good outings for El Salvador. Gives OG a rest in advance of the weekend as well.
    But he’s playing the wrong position, haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we win tonight. Goals from Poz and Richie. 2-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That lineup indicates to me that any yutes who start in these 3 games are doing so against Cinci.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-23-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That lineup indicates to me that any yutes who start in 3 days are doing so against Cinci.
    I see it as either

A: A coach who is desperate for a result and trusts the vets

B: The young guys aren't as good as the hype

C: All of the above

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look...here be many of the yutes