Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.
    And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary
    Here is what I don’t understand.

Kemar is a great fullback. No doubt about it. But what you’re paying for is his ability to get forward. That works well with a setup like we had on Saturday with Osorio playing on the left side and pinching in. How does this work when you have Solteldo, who likes that exact same space, is in the lineup? And how to you justify two attack minded fullbacks when you have Omar Gonzalez on the inside who gets seriously exposed if the team doesn’t give him the right cover? The answer to me was spending the Lawrence money on a CB and seeing if Morrow can hold the line as a defensive option. Or, go to the market and get a cheaper, defensive minded fullback.

Without more roster changes, i think we have to abandon any idea of Bradley or Delgado aggressively pressing up. They need at least one of those guys sitting in front of the back line as almost a permanent fixture. The other can move up pragmatically but shouldn’t be spotted way up the field pressing. I also think they should consider giving Priso some time in one of those spots (notwithstanding his whiff in USL last night) because his benefit is a good number of recovery runs and cutting off passing lanes. Something we’re lacking right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so frustrating - Q got a stinker of a goal that he shouldn't have given up, another tale of REALLY BAD giveaways, and yet another loss that we really shouldn't have taken. Poz is still the king though and at least Akinola is starting to look dangerous. Even Mullinho looks like he's got teeth with Pozuelo at the helm. Our forwards are quality again, and will be even more so once Soteldo gets back... I just have so many concerns about the back half of our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    “A little give! A little go!!!!

Come on, that’s fantastic commentary.
    It would fit right in with Timbits soccer. Truly dreadful commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It's so frustrating - Q got a stinker of a goal that he shouldn't have given up, another tale of REALLY BAD giveaways, and yet another loss that we really shouldn't have taken. Poz is still the king though and at least Akinola is starting to look dangerous. Even Mullinho looks like he's got teeth with Pozuelo at the helm. Our forwards are quality again, and will be even more so once Soteldo gets back... I just have so many concerns about the back half of our team.
    Pozuelo makes everyone better. I am so excited for Soteldo, Poz and Borré together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Pozuelo makes everyone better. I am so excited for Soteldo, Poz and Borré together.
    R A F A E L S A N T O S B O R R E

But seriously, I'm so fucking tired of little league mistakes for this big league club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would fit right in with Timbits soccer. Truly dreadful commentary.

"Now its Kevin...still Kevin....OH MY that was a hard tackle by Rachel...Kevin is still down but the ball is going the other way and..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    "Now its Kevin...still Kevin....OH MY that was a hard tackle by Rachel...Kevin is still down but the ball is going the other way and..."
    Ohh, a little give, a little go, ohhh, Chad puts it in the net, no its offside......... Chad gets the goal... Stick to curling Vic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vic has the ultimate voice. He could tell me an asteroid was gonna hit the Earth and I'd probably feel okay about it. That said, he knows nothing about soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    Ohh, a little give, a little go, ohhh, Chad puts it in the net, no its offside......... Chad gets the goal... Stick to curling Vic
    Last time I checked, curling isn't played in summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could of been worst it could of been wheeler,i guess luke is overworked,jezzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Vic has the ultimate voice. He could tell me an asteroid was gonna hit the Earth and I'd probably feel okay about it. That said, he knows nothing about soccer.
    Yah, I know the commentary is lousy but I have a soft spot for him. Legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I’ve been saying it for awhile now Auro is brutal, but because he is Brazilian people think he can’t be that bad but he is. He has no head he is clueless, just release him and put a young Canadian there he can’t be any worse .
    Personally, I think he is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a top pro league. I've lost count of the goals we've given up this season due to his schoolboy errors. At least when he was in midfield, there was a chance of a recovery from players behind. He has no upside, no idea at all about positioning, no technical ability and it seems no football brain at all. No goals for TFC, I'm not sure how many assists, but really not many (I can only personally think of 1). It honestly baffles me how he is earning a paycheck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we at least say that we looked better than San Jose did last night?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Can we at least say that we looked better than San Jose did last night?
    They're the ultimate hot & cold team. One game great then the next one absolute trash.

We're kind of in the middle but leaning more towards trash as we rarely play great anymore. Even at our best recently, it just translates to okay or maybe good. Great is a concept we'll have to reminisce about until better days return .