Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    What "big club" in the world would accept these results?

Yeh, I'm not happy either but that phrase applied to any MLS team is just cringe. We are not a European/South American/Mexican soccer culture in terms of when coaching changes happen.

Coaching decisions in this league are specific to that team & what their goals are - with this one, its playoffs or bust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tottenham would have gone through two managers and three rumours by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a f*** joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    How is V Vazquez doing in LA?
    But is the issue the players or the coach? Maybe we’re a few pieces away from being true contenders but by no means is this a bottom feeder roster.

You add up everything we’ve seen from Armas this year, it’s damning. Dude cannot coach. Piss poor hire by Bill and Ali

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would strongly suggest anybody only looking at highlights or fast forwarding through is going to be missing out on things that worked.

Yes, there was some BAD bonehead plays that cost us 1 or 3 points.

And yet the offence, with Oso & Poz in particular, is very very good.

This is NOT 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, I'm not happy either but that phrase applied to any MLS team is just cringe. We are not a European/South American/Mexican soccer culture in terms of when coaching changes happen.

Coaching decisions in this league are specific to that team & what their goals are - with this one, its playoffs or bust.
    Okay I agree but one win in 9 games is enough to be fired and not exactly jumpy. More so a forced decision in the face of farcically bad results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why you need the threat of relegation. MikeForbes is bang on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Okay I agree but one win in 9 games is enough to be fired and not exactly jumpy. More so a forced decision in the face of farcically bad results.

If it goes to 1 in 11, I think he has to go. I doubt it gets that bad though - Cinci is truly horrible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    This is why you need the threat of relegation. MikeForbes is bang on.

To teams like TFC, LAG, NYC, Atl - not making the playoffs is as bad a threat as relegation. I remember KJ talking about the 2 divisions of MLS last season. The league tends to sort itself out that way most seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big club quote comes from Curtis and Manning. Pretty sure they said it about a dozen times in both the Vanney leaving presser and when Armas was hired. Ali never seems to do himself any favors when faced with the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To teams like TFC, LAG, NYC, Atl - not making the playoffs is as bad a threat as relegation. I remember KJ talking about the 2 divisions of MLS last season. The league tends to sort itself out that way most seasons.
    Relegation is far more devastating and it’s not even worth arguing. KJ was being paid to tow the MLS line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it goes to 1 in 11, I think he has to go. I doubt it gets that bad though - Cinci is truly horrible.
    Cinci is horrible but so are we and even at our best the last couple years, we were always poor on the 3rd match in a 3 in 7 span.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would strongly suggest anybody only looking at highlights or fast forwarding through is going to be missing out on things that worked.

This is NOT 2012
    I actually thought we looked fairly good except for those few moments we didn’t. I don’t think this is a loss to blame Armas for. Other losses, yeah, but not this one. A few players made some bad mistakes at bad times tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Relegation is far more devastating and it’s not even worth arguing. KJ was being paid to tow the MLS line.
    There’s a reason the Championship playoff final is the most lucrative single match in all of football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, guys. I need to get away from soccer for the night. The team sucks right now but it is always enjoyable sharing the highs and lows on here. Just hope we can experience some highs again soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5/24 total points gained this year; a total of 20.83% of total points achieved and yet here we are still with Armas and Curtis at the helm, they need to go, RBNorth hasnt worked; isnt working and will never work here, time to go back to the drawing board and find a qualified coach and manager to bring success to our team, on the current trajectory if this rate continues we will finish with 21 pts leaving us out of the playoff picture, down from 44 points is a huge drop
    Last edited by gracos; 06-19-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is NOT 2012
    I honestly thought we were the better team tonight. Keeping the history out of it we lost because Westberg and Auro screwed up. Orlando will consider themselves fortunate to score any of their goals tonight. I don't think they earned them as much as we handed them to them on a plate. As you said, going forward we were a threat. Add Soteldo to the mix and we could do some damage. Sort out the Jozy situation and either way we'll score goals. Doubt he's coming back but if he did all he'd have to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 15 goals to show up. Offload him and sign a DP replacement striker and we're off to the races. In saying that we NEED a serious threat up front that opposing defences are worried about. Someone that occupies their minds and draws defenders away to give our creators a yard more space. I don't think Mullins or Dwyer scare any defences in this league. Akinola is developing but he's not quite there either. He needs a mentor to drive him to be the best he can be. If he's the top dog he ain't going to get as good as he could be. Paying Jozy to stay home or giving him away in a way that we don't get DP relief ain't gonna put points on the board. Just my two cents worth ... As far as Armas is concerned, I'm not a fan but being honest you can't organize your defence against brain farts ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Barrow AFC - I know all about the devastation of relegation.

This league does not do that.

The MLS party line is actually that any team can win on any day. KJ said that wasn't reality.

Point is the threat of not making the playoffs loses people and players jobs in this league whereas a mid table consistent team in a relegation league only feels the heat when they creep lower in the table towards relegation.

It's different.

Oh and I despise the phrase "big club in the world " when Armas and Curtis and Manning use it - so cringe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Funny,I was thinking the same thing. That muff was astonishing. How can you miss an open goal from three feet away?
    Be fair. Three yards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Simply an embarrassment - at some point maybe you know, try to do something different than playing with our heads cut off for most of the game.....Omar simply should not be on the field (what else is there to say at this point - are we getting to Zavaleta territory yet with him?!), Westberg was awful but seeing as his coach benched him for the entire season for no obvious reason while Bono was lighting it up to the tune of 1 win in 7 games - Clearly you can’t replace that kind of performance and change to the guy who started most of the year before and finished second in the league.
    So including that Altidore may have played his last game for the teams, it means we have something like $1.3 million - $2 million in salary budget that is essentially deadweight at this time. And since Toronto FC is likely at the limit they can spend, even when taking into consideration the trades they've made for additional allocation dollars, it'll be quite difficult to add further depth/top quality players until those salaries are off the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really bothers me is the return of Tobias Time. Letting goals in the last 10 minutes of a match is returning me to those dark days under ABC. They have to nip that mentality in the bud or it's going to fester and break this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad for a 2 and half million back 4 and keepers.schoolboy mistakes every game.its actually a embarrassment now.i dont see any other club make the gaffs these guys make,they should bench auro,he was brutal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been saying it for awhile now Auro is brutal, but because he is Brazilian people think he can’t be that bad but he is. He has no head he is clueless, just release him and put a young Canadian there he can’t be any worse .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I’ve been saying it for awhile now Auro is brutal, but because he is Brazilian people think he can’t be that bad but he is. He has no head he is clueless, just release him and put a young Canadian there he can’t be any worse .
    i

i agree..so overrated,like a bunch guys on the this club,he is usl caliber like the FO and coaching staff,but he will start next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.
    And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe Morrow should convert to CB. he as decent when he played there before..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary
    "And it's time for a drink! It's a hydration break!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.
    “A little give! A little go!!!!

Come on, that’s fantastic commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this team is an absolutely exhausting exercise these days honestly. We did look good at times in attack, though that mostly stopped in the second half. I'll give Armas some leeway for now and for the Nashville game, where I'd take a draw, but I consider the Cinci game to be must-win. Anything less, and a functioning front office would fire Armas on the spot.

I don't think we'll ever know if Westberg was just out of form due to being rested all season for no apparent reason, or if he's been in bad form all season and was benched because of it (based on our coach's track record I'm assuming it's more the former), but he was bad enough last night that I don't think he'll play again under this coach. He'll just use this game as proof that Bono is his #1

Pozuelo really proved why he's the league MVP - we look great with him playing regardless of any other circumstances.

The defense is the big issue and I don't see it getting any better until Gonzalez is gone...which he probably won't be until next year at the earliest. He's finished at this level and because of the salary he takes up we have no real upgrade and no real wiggle room to find one. If Altidore wasn't training on his own Gonzalez would be just as much of an anchor on our team as him.

Edit: also after listening to enough Gareth Wheeler, even Rauter is an improvement