Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 8 - Orlando "@" TFC Saturday June 19 7:38pm - All I Want Is to Be

Wish I were with you
    I couldn't stay
    Every direction
    Leads me away
    Pray for tomorrow
    But for today

Have At It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Kevin Silva started one of the upcoming games (however this was in a dream I was having last night).
    Maybe the interview Q had put him in the doghouse. Is it possible that Armas was actually talking about Bono and Silva being the two #1 keepers we have...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll see the same "wrong" line up out there with Auro at CM, Delgado at RW, Bono at GK, & DeLeon at AM.

Only significant change might be Dwyer up front if he's healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad we can get back to complaining about Armas. The last couple weeks have been boring around here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait until Saturdy night. We'll probably have tons of fuel to add to the fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs scored for El Salvador. He's going to fill Jozy's spot as striker

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso starting again for CanMNT tonight.

Might see him subbed out of this Orlando match or not start as we have 3 in 1 week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could definitely see Oso being a sub on Saturday night if he logs 80+ minutes tonight. His recent injury history suggests we should be cautious with him for a week or two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I think people gotta remember we have Nashville on Wednesday (they have 2 wins & 5 draws) & then another "home" game vs Cinci. I think we need 9 points, will take 7 & realistically will do good to get 4.

If we lose all 3, I think Armas is out (anybody coming in here hoping we lose so Armas can be fired can eff off right now - this is a supporters board - supporters of the team - NEVER want to strategically lose so somebody gets fired - take that to twitter & FBook)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, I think people gotta remember we have Nashville on Wednesday (they have 2 wins & 5 draws) & then another "home" game vs Cinci. I think we need 9 points, will take 7 & realistically will do good to get 4.

If we lose all 3, I think Armas is out (anybody coming in here hoping we lose so Armas can be fired can eff off right now - this is a supporters board - supporters of the team - NEVER want to strategically lose so somebody gets fired - take that to twitter & FBook)
    Dude this is the same board that regularly shits on club legends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing to Cincinnati alone is grounds to be axed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    According to Whoscored.com we currently rank below them in overall team performance:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/23...ue-Soccer-2021

Dreadful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Zavs scored for El Salvador. He's going to fill Jozy's spot as striker
    I laughed really hard at this, then I remembered some of Armas's choices and began to cry

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Dude this is the same board that regularly shits on club legends.

We can shit on a legend.

We can expect us to lose

NEVER hope we lose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio looked gassed at 65 minutes last night

I doubt he starts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio looked gassed at 65 minutes last night

I doubt he starts
    In other words, Armas is probably going to start him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I swear there's a crazy stat out there that something close to half of teams that lost to Cinci in the last two years had their manager fired soon after...can't find it though

re: Oso he was running hard and looks at or close to full fitness but his touch was way off last night (in both Bridgeview games actually). Having him come off the bench in the first game would be sensible but I can see him start the next two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aromas and Ali are not right people for this job. The faster their demise the quicker we can get back to the road of being competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I laughed really hard at this, then I remembered some of Armas's choices and began to cry
    Zavaleta did score 28 goals in two years of college as a striker, so Armas has his justification for playing him up top...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Zavaleta did score 28 goals in two years of college as a striker, so Armas has his justification for playing him up top...
    “He’s played that position before”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    As much as I've shit on him since 2018, I often wondered in matches when we were down a goal very late and hopelessly lobbing in crosses into all our 5 foot something fowards like Piatti, why Vanney never tossed Zavaleta up there at forward to at least use his height to go after the ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    As much as I've shit on him since 2018, I often wondered in matches when we were down a goal very late and hopelessly lobbing in crosses into all our 5 foot something fowards like Piatti, why Vanney never tossed Zavaleta up there at forward to at least use his height to go after the ball.

He used to do that with Haglund - it never worked . Only time Haglund scored was a wonderful one we all remember - but off a corner kick with 10 to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta's form in international play might get him some minutes here. Him and Mullinho up top and we automatically win the hair matchup against any team in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He used to do that with Haglund - it never worked . Only time Haglund scored was a wonderful one we all remember - but off a corner kick with 10 to go.
    Not saying it's a huge difference but unlike Hagglund, Zavaleta was a forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not saying it's a huge difference but unlike Hagglund, Zavaleta was a forward.
    Nick was also a forward in the past.
    "High School: Played for two years as a midfielder/forward for Cincinnati United Premier U18 club team ... club team was ranked 23rd in the nation in the fall of 2009 after being crowned champions of the Disney Showcase ... first team All-City and second team All-State his senior year at Lakota West ... named team MVP and offensive player of the year his senior year." Sounds like he played a couple positions incl. attack as a college freshman before transitioning fully to defence.

That would be good enough for Armas to start Nick at forward for an extended period.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But other then that, I feel like our corner kicks have been crap for a long time, even under Vanney. I don't know how TFC compares to other clubs, but I feel percentage-wise there's been a real lack of legit scoring chances and goals off corners, as well as off free kicks floated into the box. Only part of that is due the tall guys who are supposed to put the ball in the net at the end of the kick. There seems to be a lack of effective strategy for such dead-ball situations, and many of the free kicks go to the totally wrong area and don't even give us a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    But other then that, I feel like our corner kicks have been crap for a long time, even under Vanney. I don't know how TFC compares to other clubs, but I feel percentage-wise there's been a real lack of legit scoring chances and goals off corners, as well as off free kicks floated into the box. Only part of that is due the tall guys who are supposed to put the ball in the net at the end of the kick. There seems to be a lack of effective strategy for such dead-ball situations, and many of the free kicks go to the totally wrong area and don't even give us a chance.
    To me that's because Bradley was taking them all. I felt his kicks just were straight horizontal lines. He's suited for long distance passing free kicks, not goal scoring/chance creating kicks. As soon as Soteldo started taking them, there was actual bends that made them headerable. I would prefer guys like Osorio/Auro/Endoh to take them over Bradley.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    To me that's because Bradley was taking them all. I felt his kicks just were straight horizontal lines. He's suited for long distance passing free kicks, not goal scoring/chance creating kicks. As soon as Soteldo started taking them, there was actual bends that made them headerable. I would prefer guys like Osorio/Auro/Endoh to take them over Bradley.
    I wasn't going to name names lol... but you're right. Can't say I've been too impressed with Osorio/Auro/Endoh free kicks either. Soteldo yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I wasn't going to name names lol... but you're right. Can't say I've been too impressed with Osorio/Auro/Endoh free kicks either. Soteldo yes.
    Yeah, I'm not enthralled with that trio either but I don't really feel like we have anyone really capable apart from Soteldo and Poz. To me they're just the best of the rest in terms of crossing ability

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo had the most dangerous corner kicks we have had since Vasquez.

Seba wasn't all that good at them, to be honest.