Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.
And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary
Here is what I don’t understand.

Kemar is a great fullback. No doubt about it. But what you’re paying for is his ability to get forward. That works well with a setup like we had on Saturday with Osorio playing on the left side and pinching in. How does this work when you have Solteldo, who likes that exact same space, is in the lineup? And how to you justify two attack minded fullbacks when you have Omar Gonzalez on the inside who gets seriously exposed if the team doesn’t give him the right cover? The answer to me was spending the Lawrence money on a CB and seeing if Morrow can hold the line as a defensive option. Or, go to the market and get a cheaper, defensive minded fullback.

Without more roster changes, i think we have to abandon any idea of Bradley or Delgado aggressively pressing up. They need at least one of those guys sitting in front of the back line as almost a permanent fixture. The other can move up pragmatically but shouldn’t be spotted way up the field pressing. I also think they should consider giving Priso some time in one of those spots (notwithstanding his whiff in USL last night) because his benefit is a good number of recovery runs and cutting off passing lanes. Something we’re lacking right now.