Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Whats going on with Season Seat tickets this year - Partial Refunds? Anything?

I haven't heard from MLS at all about this years season seats.
    We're already a chunk of the way into the season without being able to attend. Has anyone heard anything about partial refunds, additional "please dont cancel your seats" rewards or anything?

They've been sitting on my money way too long to not be communicative.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crickets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I haven't been charged any membership fees for about a year or more and since we pay monthly I am not sure what they're supposed to be refunding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say much until they know there is going to be a return to the stands for fans at all this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hard to say much until they know there is going to be a return to the stands for fans at all this year.
    But has anyone heard anything at all from their reps… in any type of dialogue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that BMO will go to 100% capacity in 2021. So if they allow fans it will be like gradual increases from 10% to maybe 50% tops. If that's the case then they'll have to run it like Montreal and not have it be the membership and just sell tickets per match or do that lottery thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually wondering the same this morning. Eerily quiet on that front. You would think they would at least check in with the membership more often than they do. I guess they just assume that we are assuming we will hear something when they know something about the return to play at BMO. Until then they will just collect the interest on everyone's money if they left it with them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are doing the same thing as last year (at least so far).
    2020 there were two options:
    1) take back what you had paid for 2020, and keep your first right of refusal once everything was ‘normal’ again
    2) keep what you paid for 2020 with MLSE and you get some extra (if I remember it’s 10% of your SSH total in food and bev credits)

MLSE is probably waiting to hear what is happening with fans in the stands first (and to their credit they were focusing on getting the teams back home first.)

More than likely I agree with a few of the others that BMO will not be cleared for more than 50-60% capacity.
    So what I believe will happen is they will get clearance for only a certain percentage of fans and MLSE will carry over those that are SSH over to 2022 if they wish or let them take their money out.
    Then whatever matches that we can attend in 2021 will be sold game by game (maybe with SSH first access?).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well I haven't been charged any membership fees for about a year or more and since we pay monthly I am not sure what they're supposed to be refunding.
    They still have my money from the 2020 season. It is now well into the 2021 season without a peep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i completely forgive them about this. Its fair and reasonable because no-one knows what is going on.

Not in a forgiving mood about Armas but that is a different thread

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i completely forgive them about this. Its fair and reasonable because no-one knows what is going on.

Not in a forgiving mood about Armas but that is a different thread
    I get that but maybe because I have worked for 30 years as management in a customer service industry that it is always good to stay in touch with your customers even if just a quick "hope all is well, we haven't forgotten about you" kind of message. Most of us members are reasonable people and don't expect MLSE to do anything without knowing anything but it is just optics is all. My customers appreciate me checking in. It is just an added touch. In this case I personally don't care. I would just think MLSE would/should be doing their all to look good through this since they don't want to lose any business and will be looking to sell tickets again once this is done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I get that but maybe because I have worked for 30 years as management in a customer service industry that it is always good to stay in touch with your customers even if just a quick "hope all is well, we haven't forgotten about you" kind of message. Most of us members are reasonable people and don't expect MLSE to do anything without knowing anything but it is just optics is all. My customers appreciate me checking in. It is just an added touch. In this case I personally don't care. I would just think MLSE would/should be doing their all to look good through this since they don't want to lose any business and will be looking to sell tickets again once this is done.
    Yup, the complete lack of anything beyond "Hey, there's a game!" is kinda baffling. I get its tough on everybody but at least acknowledge it been tough on us too.

Part of me is thinking this is going to lead to no moment of reflection or a minute of silence when we first can come back into the stands.

Some of us lost loved ones.

Some fans have died.

We all lived through this.

For many of us on that day, the game will be the largest mass event we have attended since all this started, since all this occurred, since all this HAPPENED.

If you as a company, MLSE, don't have the mindset to acknowledge it now when we are getting near the end, at least, acknowledge it publicly at that mass event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just assuming that they have mixed up all or contact information and don't know who to contact anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. You are right. Absolutely right. Particularly given the sh*t show on the pitch, and increasingly off it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they still have ticket reps though or did they lay off that entire department?

It's true some contact is better than none but I know how the internet and this forum are. If Curtis or Manning wrote us a letter with nothing but platitudes/excuses/apologies minus any legit info then they would get fried for not bothering to find out, waiting for 2 weeks to tell us, or not caring about us at all since they're Floridians now. In this case it's a no win situation for them as it's up to the various governments & public health units to figure it out and I work in health care so I know that something that's going to take a long time to decide and the end result will probably be stupid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Do they still have ticket reps though or did they lay off that entire department?

It's true some contact is better than none but I know how the internet and this forum are. If Curtis or Manning wrote us a letter with nothing but platitudes/excuses/apologies minus any legit info then they would get fried for not bothering to find out, waiting for 2 weeks to tell us, or not caring about us at all since they're Floridians now. In this case it's a no win situation for them as it's up to the various governments & public health units to figure it out and I work in health care so I know that something that's going to take a long time to decide and the end result will probably be stupid.
    I was talking from a customer relationship point of view from whatever there is left of a TFC account rep office to us members because we have money invested in a customer account that they are holding. Not talking about anything from Curtis/Manning in terms of spin and nothing to do with current team performance or any of that. We see enough of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI response I got - asked what the deal was and said I expected communication from them, as well as asking how the food credit if you kept your $$$ with them would work.

Thanks for your email. At the moment, your funds from the cancelled games remain on your account and will be applied to the upcoming season. With the recent announcement of bringing TFC and other Toronto sports teams back to Toronto (such as the Blue Jays) we are optimistic and hopeful that we’ll be able to host our amazing fans and members at BMO Field this summer. With that said, please stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks regarding this.

When we have clarity on whether or not we’ll be able to host games at BMO Field with fans we’ll also have an update on your incentive credit and will include information on how the credit can be redeemed.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Best,

TICKET SERVICE, MLSE MEMBERSHIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I'm just assuming that they have mixed up all or contact information and don't know who to contact anymore

Lol sadly may be too accurate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually received an email from my ticket rep today, checking in to see how things are with me.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Actually received an email from my ticket rep today, checking in to see how things are with me.
    I got email too - that my ticket rep is not longer my ticket rep and I have to go through the general line now. I think I would have preferred just an email announcing the replacement - or maybe they don't plan to replace the rep? 14 years paying for 6 seats - I'm not particularly impressed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can keep all my money til 2022. But I will be really pissed if they charge us to account for the 1 game we did get to see in 2020.

That said, other leagues, specifically the NFL are announcing their plans, and policies for the return.

I thought the Leafs, or even Montreal, would have figured it out by now, and kinda led the way. By that I mean no team in Canada has attempted a large crowd, while some states have full stadiums. MLSE could be communicating right now what their plan is upon returning. Will there be fans? Will there be a vaxxed and unvaxxed section? How will tickets be distributed? Will you have first right or refusal on your seats, or, for the remaining games will seating be rearranged to space out crowds?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I got email too - that my ticket rep is not longer my ticket rep and I have to go through the general line now. I think I would have preferred just an email announcing the replacement - or maybe they don't plan to replace the rep? 14 years paying for 6 seats - I'm not particularly impressed.
    That has been my argument all along, you would expect this from a minor league club and not TFC/MLSE. I have to believe this is a Manning and Ali decision or why are they President and GM. If they don't even have the authority to take care of SSH, then what decisions can they really make. I find it hard to believe that they would not have authority or want to fight for that authority and therefor leads me to believe that the 200 page plan must have nothing to do with fan engagement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    ..... MLSE could be communicating right now what their plan is upon returning. Will there be fans? Will there be a vaxxed and unvaxxed section? How will tickets be distributed? Will you have first right or refusal on your seats, or, for the remaining games will seating be rearranged to space out crowds?
    Pretty sure all that, baring ticket distribution, is the call of the province.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any health and safety protocols would be in the hands of the province with the city involved too. Since BMO is city owned too they could add provisions to play. A big one will be having been fully vaccinated to attend. In this province I see that as a real possibility.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    They can keep all my money til 2022. But I will be really pissed if they charge us to account for the 1 game we did get to see in 2020.

That said, other leagues, specifically the NFL are announcing their plans, and policies for the return.

I thought the Leafs, or even Montreal, would have figured it out by now, and kinda led the way. By that I mean no team in Canada has attempted a large crowd, while some states have full stadiums. MLSE could be communicating right now what their plan is upon returning. Will there be fans? Will there be a vaxxed and unvaxxed section? How will tickets be distributed? Will you have first right or refusal on your seats, or, for the remaining games will seating be rearranged to space out crowds?

I think many of those questions are still being ironed out. I don't expect any fans in attendance until August at the earliest (pending on when they can come back home of course). As for crowds I expect the team to kind of fall in line what some of the other teams have put in place. Orlando for example has temperature scanning upon entry and social distancing protocols and no requirement of vaccination proof where as NYCFC requires proof of either vaccination or a negative Covid test from within 72 hours (if rapid testing it is less than 8 I believe). I am not sure if the province will step in with vaccination requirements just for the sole basis of if they were, you were hear about such requirements for things like the Toronto Zoo and Canada's Wonderland which unlike BMO would have a greater chance of a higher density of people for a longer period of time. I am sure the team has a proposal that they have either submitted to the government for review already or ready to submit at any moment.