Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news, team flew up to CBus today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Why is it ALWAYS thigh injuries this season
    To me this is a strange one. Thigh injuries aren't typically running related (unless they're counting hamstrings as a thigh injury, that is much more common). I think they're usually contact related in soccer (like getting a charley horse). Really makes me wonder what they're doing in practice to have so many. Something's not right there.
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-28-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are today reaching a reading Of “Earl Cochrane” on the chaos meter for the first time since the Dero-Celtic saga...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well no soteldo, no jozy and an injured poz available for Saturday....hello darkness my old friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Really makes me wonder what they're doing in practice to have so many. Something's not right there.
    This.

We already knew about the high injury trend at this club over multiple seasons so the team's medical staff is AT LEAST partly to blame here. But the issue with thigh injuries is, as far as I can tell, a purely 2021 thing (though if I knew an easy way to find injury data over previous seasons I'd be all over it). This is the third player with a significant thigh injury already this year (I'm assuming yefe is unavailable at least 3 weeks if hes missing copa because of it) and we're running out of excuses. Their off-season fitness regime was apparently out of whack with Jim Liston leaving to join Vanney in LA and not being replaced until months later, which is a major knock on Manning and Curtis, but we're now 2 months into the season. The medical staff must surely have gotten the players back on track by now, and if there are still lingering issues from the off-season they absolutely have to know about them and the coaches have to adjust how (and how much) they play and train accordingly. And yet even ignoring the thigh injuries we keep getting plenty of minor ones seemingly every week. And most damning is that the off season issues wouldn't even apply to Soteldo who presumably had his normal off season in Brazil. And yet here he is a month into his TFC career already on the mend.

I still feel like our medical staff is a problem but this really seems like it's more on the coaches. We know high intensity pressing wears players out over the course of the season but we are less than 2 months in. And honestly Oso and Yefe are two of the players who seem like they can deal with the demands of pressing the best. The more I think about this the less confidence I have in whatever training drills our coach who doesn't even have a license makes the players do. He can blame the Pozo injury on an over exuberant Luke Singh (which way to throw the kid under the bus btw) but I doubt that explains the other two. And the fact Osorio reaggravated the same problem at least twice makes me think Armas (and or the medical staff) are pushing our players beyond what their bodies can do.

Idk. Maybe it really is a coincidence that we have so many thigh strains but somehow I doubt it. Would help to know more about how the Soteldo injury happened, if that's even a possibility

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canary10 View Post
    sigh.
    mlse what are you doing@@!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are hoping 4-6 weeks for Soteldo now lol my word....careful walking down the road tonight folks, the wheels are popping off and one might hit you

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the match where Mullins proves Columbus wrong, right? Guys?

I'm going to watch this match with Trillium number 3 in a row in mind.

That is all.

Everything else i am looking to international break. Thank gawd.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess our only hope is for Bradley to inspire whatever remnants of the team that are playing to unlikely heights. I am expecting we'll lose by multiple goals...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    They are hoping 4-6 weeks for Soteldo now lol my word....careful walking down the road tonight folks, the wheels are popping off and one might hit you
    Better this not happening!
    Otherwise the whole Venezuela will hate FTC forever because they made missing Yefe important national team matches, also these millions of fans will be joined by the Santos fans, lol... and countless of other hundreds of thousands Yefe fans across South America.
    This will give TFC a horrible rep across South America, and will be a serious kick in the guts whenever they want to sign up important players from that region!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-29-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris “No Excuses” Armas now has ample excuses. He’s not going anywhere for a long time. He could continue to run this team into the ground until September and I doubt he loses his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Chris “No Excuses” Armas now has ample excuses. He’s not going anywhere for a long time. He could continue to run this team into the ground until September and I doubt he loses his job.
    Unfortunately, I don’t think you’re wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm TFC shit show at 3pm vs Champions league final between Manchester city and Chelsea at 3pm hmmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone save me, and give the info where I can watch the full TFC match after it was finished?

I remember a post here 1-2 years ago saying that all TFC games are recorded and uploaded somewhere a few hours after the matches were finished, and anyone can watch'em there
    It was somewhere like Youtube or Reddit maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My speculation: the problem started in MLS Cup 2019, Jozy has never gotten over being a sub in that game. But the bigger picture is, Altidore is upset for exactly the same reason Seba was upset. He is being asked to play out his final year, and thinks this is a sign of disrespect. Suspect this also has some symmetry with the Dero situation way back when, ie Jozy feels he has been told things verbally at some point that aren’t happening. So I think he is saying, if that is how you feel, move me, to a place I want to be.

Which is all complicated by the fact that TFC would have to eat dollars to move Jozy.

Not surprisingly, it may not get sorted until the summer window.

If I am wrong, and this is as reported, which I don't buy, ie a problem between Armas and Jozy, then Armas could really be gone soon. But that seems less likely to me.
    If Jozy comes on at half time we win that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Regardless of who is at fault, it's sad to see the current state of affairs with Jozy. He's a TFC legend and I really hope things work out for him here.
    This is how I feel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Can someone save me, and give the info where I can watch the full TFC match after it was finished?

I remember a post here 1-2 years ago saying that all TFC games are recorded and uploaded somewhere a few hours after the matches were finished, and anyone can watch'em there
    It was somewhere like Youtube or Reddit maybe?

Thanks in advance!
    For sure it’s in DAZN 48 hours later; for links etc I don’t know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    For sure it’s in DAZN 48 hours later; for links etc I don’t know.
    I'm not in Canada or the US, so I can watch only online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Hmmmmm TFC shit show at 3pm vs Champions league final between Manchester city and Chelsea at 3pm hmmmmmmmmm
    Luckily the other day I thought of the idea of having double sceens setup side by side

(typing this as I'm in the 15 min wait @ a clinic after having gotten the covid vaccine .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post

(typing this as I'm in the 15 min wait @ a clinic after having gotten the covid vaccine .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soteldo out now....funny because he's in the social media pics a lot this week

Can we start a TFC injury thread?

This is beyond a joke, the amount of injuries we have had the last 3 years is far beyond other teams, and is now well beyond just being an outlier.

TFC have some fundamental problems with either the medical teams or training plans by coaches. Football is a marathon not a sptint, yet it seems like all of our players get run down in training which is fucking idiotic.
    Last edited by Richard; 05-29-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I'm not in Canada or the US, so I can watch only online.
    Got it. You are dedicated supporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a win today. If we're on 5 pts out of 7 games today the manager needs to be sacked.
    Last edited by Richard; 05-29-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odds we get steamrolled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...056394/photo/1

Starting XI: Bono, Laryea, Zavaleta, Mavinga, Lawrence, Auro Jr., Bradley, Delgado, DeLeon, Shaffelburg, Akinola
    Bench: Westberg, Endoh, Morrow, Mullins, Nelson, Okello, Pozuelo, Priso, Singh
    Last edited by gracos; 05-29-2021 at 01:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon as AM & Delgado as right sided midfielder with Auro as a DM & Richie as RB.

This stubborness is not helping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas really isn't good at the whole putting players in a position to succeed thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm happy to see Pozuelo return to the squad, but that XI gives me no confidence. We have little to no creativity in there, and I don't see how this team can play at a quick-enough pace to stretch Columbus. Last time, we had Soteldo; this time, we really don't have someone to create chances consistently enough for us.

I'm just hoping that we can get 3 points here. There's no way we're going to take control of this match, so a smash-and-grab will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We need a win today. If we're on 5 pts out of 7 games today the manager needs to be sacked.
    He won't be sacked no matter what happens in this one, BUT...
    If today and in our next game we do not gather even a miserable single point, he should be fired on the spot.

Even if this is MLS and even if it's TFC with Armas' buddy Ali in the management.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Armas really isn't good at the whole putting players in a position to succeed thing.

Yeh, Armas seems determined to put on a best 11, even if that best 11 isn't a good fit with each other - he's also pretty much dropped playing the kids. Like, use Okello in the AM role and see what he can do.