Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    Couldn't watch the game, how was Soteldo?
    Pretty spicy - very fast, great set pieces, almost scored if not for a great clearance. TFC is definitely better with a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Came through when needed. Armas deserves a lot of credit tonight. He set them up right, brought in Altidore when he could be most effective.

soteldo is coming from a league where the ball does much more of the work so they’ll probably limit his time for a while.

Yes, credit where credit is due.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy about that. Jozy's best game in atleast a year. As a DP he needs to be starting every game, but maybe he would be better as a 30-40 minute player at this stage of his career?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much needed 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is the best striker on this team period. We need this guy healthy and on our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Jozy is the best striker on this team period. We need this guy healthy and on our team.
    Agreed. But why did they pick up Dom Dwyer? Moves to come I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Priso isn’t hurt he has made that position his. Looks very assured today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This game seems hopeless.

But it's MLS, so this must mean victory is assured.
    To be quoted for posterity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    To be quoted for posterity.
    prophetic words!

I just love the topsy turvy-ness of MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Agreed. But why did they pick up Dom Dwyer? Moves to come I think.
    Inconsistent health with Jozy and Ayo. Mullinho can't be relied on to get a goal in a big game. Plus Ayo is out of contract at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    If Priso isn’t hurt he has made that position his. Looks very assured today.
    The only issue with him is I don't think he's played 90 mins yet this year (except maybe the home CCL legs?). He's the only player in midfield we have with the defensive abilities of Delgado, except Priso is also much better on the ball.

Overall, a very good performance though Armas' decisions and subs are still confusing as hell. Lawrence at LW instead of putting him at LB, Auro on the right, and Richie in midfield? Delgado on the wing and DeLeon as the 10 again?

Yefe definitely reminds of Seba, especially 2015 Seba, in the sense that he seems willing and able to carry the team on his back in attack. Concerning that he seemed to lose gas in the second half and was rightfully taken off. Surely Armas should figure out a way to limit who much pressing the likes of Soteldo and Pozuelo need to do

Side note: Cbus seem to have MLS cup hangover. Seems to happen to every team in recent years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was pleasing and a step in the right direction. Need to keep it up and get a result this weekend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I generally see good positional play but a whole lot of bad passes by Priso, some of them in areas that give teams joy. He is only 18. I think when Oso & Poz come back, its DeLeon & Priso out of that lineup. Priso first one in & rotating.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I noted was how much in better shape Jozy is...seems to have lost (more than) a few pounds and, as a result, he seemed much quicker tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team ...

Every time I think we should win, we lose. Every time I think we're for sure going to lose, we win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big 3pts, Bradley controlled the whole game, MVP. Can't wait for Pozuelo to get back, Soteldo's skill set will flourish with Poz on the field, and so will Jozy. Jozy showing what he can do when he's healthy, happy for him, hope this continues.

Bono, nice clean sheet.........but he's lucky the ref forgot his red card at home, Westburg needs to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    oh thank god. this game is in the bag.

I give credit to Armas. it's like he's realized what his team was deficient in, and worked on it. like set pieces and pressing at the right time
    Agreed, night and day compared to the NYRB game. There is some hope after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    One thing I noted was how much in better shape Jozy is...seems to have lost (more than) a few pounds and, as a result, he seemed much quicker tonight.
    agreed, he looked almost skinny!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Man Priso’s ability to find an extra second or two in order to find an outlet after winning the ball is something else.

Most guys are sweating bullets getting the ball in those sorts of positions
    Are you referring to the play at the top of the box where a Mavinga tackle results in a loose ball that bounces to Priso? There were a couple of Columbus attackers near and he would have been fully justified to hoof it into the stands but he takes a second and then releases the ball down the right side for TFC player to run onto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I noticed was Bradley was dropping back to the right or left of defence to gather the ball, rather than slotting in between the CBs. Perhaps allows the team to start attacks with a bit more width by feeding the wings or gives him the ability to change the side of attack. I don't remember seeing him do this much in the first few games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    Are you referring to the play at the top of the box where a Mavinga tackle results in a loose ball that bounces to Priso? There were a couple of Columbus attackers near and he would have been fully justified to hoof it into the stands but he takes a second and then releases the ball down the right side for TFC player to run onto.
    Not sure if that was the play specifically but he seems to be able to do this all the time. He just slips into an extra half yard of space and finds the outlet rather than just lumping it upfield or just taking the lazy passing option.

He had some giveaways later in the game, to be fair. But to me a lot of that chalked up to fatigued and maybe a bit of inexperience. Overall, it’s easy to forget he’s still 18. Big future ahead for this kid if he puts in the work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we all feel Bono needs to see the bench and Q needs a chance in the game but since Armas seems to love Bono that won't happen anytime soon. They even mentioned it on the broadcast last night. But even in a game where he didn't really have to do a lot like yesterday he did that one crazy play where he ran way out of his net unnecessarily so that shows his judgement still needs work but the thing that bothers me most every game is when defenders pass him back the ball he hoofs it down the field and gives possession back to the other team. Most times we get a very difficult jump ball if we even have a player close to where his kick lands. Sometimes it is just to the other team with no TFC players in the area. I really don't get why he does that over and over. I think the other team ends up with the ball on those about 95% of the time. We are a better team than that and I think we can play out of the back more. Or is it just me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    The only issue with him is I don't think he's played 90 mins yet this year (except maybe the home CCL legs?). He's the only player in midfield we have with the defensive abilities of Delgado, except Priso is also much better on the ball.

Overall, a very good performance though Armas' decisions and subs are still confusing as hell. Lawrence at LW instead of putting him at LB, Auro on the right, and Richie in midfield? Delgado on the wing and DeLeon as the 10 again?

Yefe definitely reminds of Seba, especially 2015 Seba, in the sense that he seems willing and able to carry the team on his back in attack. Concerning that he seemed to lose gas in the second half and was rightfully taken off. Surely Armas should figure out a way to limit who much pressing the likes of Soteldo and Pozuelo need to do

Side note: Cbus seem to have MLS cup hangover. Seems to happen to every team in recent years
    Priso is the only youngster that has been consistently good. He actually wins 50/50 tackles. I can not for the life of me remember when Delgado last one a 50/50 tackle. Under Bradley's tutorship, Priso should turn into one hell of a defensive midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with a lot that’s already been said but here are some thoughts as I watched.

- Bradley was great. That ball into Jozy was a peach. Too bad he couldn’t control it.

- Bono’s okay but there were some shocking decisions last night. The foul being the obvious one but I also thought the late play where he tried to catch the ball at the side of the 6 yard box over a group and then fumbled it was another stupid moment.

- Priso is a starter. Incredible composure for his age, good engine, strong challenges, and good passing range. Got sloppy late but you could tell he was gassed and needed a sub. Will be interesting to see how armas manages him with Delgado, Bradley, and Oso when they are all healthy.

- Deleon was the weak link tonight and there were many examples of why.

- Mullins gets a lot of hate but I think he’s perfect for how he was used last night. Provides a good outlet when we get to squeaky bum hoof the ball time. He holds the ball up well and creates some space and time for the rest to regroup. That little faint trick he did a couple times last night is going to become his new signature move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    - Priso is a starter. Incredible composure for his age, good engine, strong challenges, and good passing range. Got sloppy late but you could tell he was gassed and needed a sub. Will be interesting to see how armas manages him with Delgado, Bradley, and Oso when they are all healthy.

- Deleon was the weak link tonight and there were many examples of why.
    The rise of Priso would make me seriously consider trading Delgado since he isn't very good as a wide player and for me, Bradley (now) and Osorio + Priso (now + future) should have the CM spots locked up. DeLeon might as well just go. Save the money & use Schaff or Okello in the places he would normally take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't know, I generally see good positional play but a whole lot of bad passes by Priso, some of them in areas that give teams joy. He is only 18. I think when Oso & Poz come back, its DeLeon & Priso out of that lineup. Priso first one in & rotating.
    I share that sentiment as well, particularly in the 2nd half. I also believe his positioning was a bit of an issue in the 2nd half as it didn't look like he gave himself proper spacing with his teammates, especially Bradley.

Not to knock him - he definitely should be playing - but I think he could do better. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    That was a very nice play - and there was a second one like it - calm and composed under pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I know we all feel Bono needs to see the bench and Q needs a chance in the game but since Armas seems to love Bono that won't happen anytime soon. They even mentioned it on the broadcast last night. But even in a game where he didn't really have to do a lot like yesterday he did that one crazy play where he ran way out of his net unnecessarily so that shows his judgement still needs work but the thing that bothers me most every game is when defenders pass him back the ball he hoofs it down the field and gives possession back to the other team. Most times we get a very difficult jump ball if we even have a player close to where his kick lands. Sometimes it is just to the other team with no TFC players in the area. I really don't get why he does that over and over. I think the other team ends up with the ball on those about 95% of the time. We are a better team than that and I think we can play out of the back more. Or is it just me?
    There is a chart somewhere in one of the threads that clearly shows this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team brought Bono out for the presser today & did a tweet about not listening to "the noise" with Bono's picture.

I'd say somebody in management got steamed about all the questions on Bono/Q & communications, for some reason, is going along with it.