Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why are they letting him interview, or hang him to dry. Just fire him now.

This is extremely unprofessional on Manning/Ali's part.
    Its part of an issue De Guzman has raised. This team can't seem to plan ahead for eventualities.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian told it as it is on the broadcast. Spoke the truth and what everyone is thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the Armas post-game interview. He seemed on the verge of tears (granted very tough loss), but it felt like to me, based on his body language he knows he is getting fired and that was his last match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I just watched the Armas post-game interview. He seemed on the verge of tears (granted very tough loss), but it felt like to me, based on his body language he knows he is getting fired and that was his last match.
    This is why i think their performance should land on Ali… I do belief Armas has given 100%, but it just wasn’t the right work. If Ali had any football sense as a GM, he would have seen this. He is watching his “friend” get lambasted, this was avoidable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why are they letting him interview, or hang him to dry. Just fire him now.

This is extremely unprofessional on Manning/Ali's part.
    Honestly Armas should resign in his own accord. At this point he’s just shredding his professional reputation being here.

Bill and Ali look like dopes too, to be clear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John is a considerate guy and has well informed opinions but I don’t see how Armas can survive much longer.

We are going to get pummelled by New England next game and the gold cup absences combined with Armas’s tactics will negate any hope of winning the next few games thereafter.

We’re already drawing attention in the press for being very bad and media voices who would normally rather saw off their own arm than criticize the team are starting to squawk.

Bill and Ali are really the ones taking on water at this point. Forget Armas, he’s toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    This is why i think their performance should land on Ali… I do belief Armas has given 100%, but it just wasn’t the right work. If Ali had any football sense as a GM, he would have seen this. He is watching his “friend” get lambasted, this was avoidable.
    Which in turn should land on Manning, especially since he was the one that brought in Ali just a few weeks after Bezbechenko had left.

Looking at DC United's website, and it appears they have a president for the business side, and another president for the technical side.

And specifically on the technical side, so they have what they call their President of Soccer Operations, and then a General Manager & Head of Technical Recruitment & Analysis (a female), and then their head coach, whom I had never heard of before.

I think on the TSN broadcast, they were saying their GM (analysis) is really into analytics, and uses that info it to determine who is most efficient at each position to acquire (or something along those lines), which is not necessarily who costs more. Is there anyone at tfc that does that?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what coaching certificates does Armas have that qualify him to coach an MLS team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    what coaching certificates does Armas have that qualify him to coach an MLS team
    He doesn’t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He doesn’t
    it certainly shows, next signing should have a proven record, with proper licenses to be able to coach our team, however if that is the case then Curtis certainly needs to be let go, hiring inexperienced coaching, while bringing in your buddy is pure incompetence on Curtis behalf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    it certainly shows, next signing should have a proven record, with proper licenses to be able to coach our team, however if that is the case then Curtis certainly needs to be let go, hiring inexperienced coaching, while bringing in your buddy is pure incompetence on Curtis behalf
    After his playing career, he was head coach of a women's college team for four years. Then assistant to Marsch briefly, then head coach in NY for 18 months. His first season ended on a really good run but it was Marsch's team and tactics. As soon as he was running the show full time, it was basically the same shit as here. It's just beyond his coaching ability.

We're not an easy shop to manage even if a coach is talented. we have older players, people pencilled in automatically who shouldn't be, a GM who hasn't filled the right spots, a president who seems laissez faire.

He's clearly way out of his depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    After his playing career, he was head coach of a women's college team for four years. Then assistant to Marsch briefly, then head coach in NY for 18 months. His first season ended on a really good run but it was Marsch's team and tactics. As soon as he was running the show full time, it was basically the same shit as here. It's just beyond his coaching ability.

We're not an easy shop to manage even if a coach is talented. we have older players, people pencilled in automatically who shouldn't be, a GM who hasn't filled the right spots, a president who seems laissez faire.

He's clearly way out of his depth.

I would love to maybe see a partnership with a proven european club then; that way we can be raised to a higher level; management can learn from the best as well our coaches can get fully certified and learned from proven european coaches, it certainly is a better way forward then dealing with the three stooges (Armas,Curtis,Manning) as there is a certain level of pride these teams get and can also grow their scouting networks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully tomorrow is the day the axe falls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow is the day the axe falls.
    2WKS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we will see the real problem with Curtis' total hesitancy towards everything, plus the inability to get things prepared and over the line in a reasonable time frame. I mean obviously Armas needs to be gone by the morning. And since this has been a real possibility for many weeks, obviously they need a decent caretaker coach lined up & ready to announce. But Curtis can't do any of that.

I mean Curtis is the guy that's supposed to bring in an amazing winger, and only gets Gallardo after many months. The guy that can't sign a decent CB during the offseason when the need was so glaring. The guy that can't come up with a decent resolution of the Jozy situation (after re-signing him to a bad panic deal in the first place.). How many of his other moves were late & insufficient, if at all. Everything is 2 weeks times infinity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I think TFC media has been underestimating the feelings here for awhile. One of the problems with social media is people think everybody on it is a crank. Its hard to show reasonableness in a situation like this & get people to take you seriously.

The "supporter group formally known as" putting a "Manning DO SOMETHING" sign on BMO last night kinda shows that the fans have had enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you havn't seen it yet, De Guzman's bit

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-lopsid...ited-1.1663554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John’s comments worry me. They aren’t really going to stick with him are they?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I know we are talking, fuming about the Armas situation a lot here but in reality this team is so out of sight, out of mind when it comes toToronto in general. I know the Reds must be really feeling the internal pressure but I do wonder if MLSE will not make any changes until they are back home with fans in the stands?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could - you'd think somebody in upper management watching DeGuzman's bit & seeing that sign by a supporters group might pause to reflect but stranger things have happened. Curtis dithers & they might blanch at going to NER with an interim.

I would note the "its tough being away from home" talk stopped after the Cinci loss when it just became untenable to be the only reason why they were so bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they let it go too far and too much damage has been done to go safe with an interim guy like Munoz, Dichio, or Bradley. A few weeks and some stupid 1 goal losses ago, sure but not now.

Now they need someone with authority and a vision that can restore the mentality of the locker room. Go for Alonso. Sure he's a defense first guy but if it's anything we need it's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't fire Armas today. They will probably be taking the day off. It is the Fourth of July afterall. Won't be able to fire him Monday because it will be too close to the game on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think they let it go too far and too much damage has been done to go safe with an interim guy like Munoz, Dichio, or Bradley. A few weeks and some stupid 1 goal losses ago, sure but not now.

Now they need someone with authority and a vision that can restore the mentality of the locker room. Go for Alonso. Sure he's a defense first guy but if it's anything we need it's that.
    Defence first sounds like a revelation right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Its inconceivable to me, everyone single one of these losses are also now on Ali/Manning.

Just look at how DCU started the game, they immediately threw caution to the wind with a full on blitzkrieg, there isn't a single opposition coach who is not planning this tactic.

We are loosing the game before it even starts until Armas is out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Defence first sounds like a revelation right now.
    Plus Alonso got a raw deal in Miami. Everyone talked about last year like they were pure shit but he made the playoffs in year one. Sure expanded format but he finished higher than other teams and with a pretty shit, unbalanced roster. Miami won't come close to that this year. This guy was good in Mexico and we can still be a playoff team with our roster, especially so if we dump some dead weight like Bono, Gonzalez, & DeLeon then upgrade the CB position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rot is far deeper than Chris Armas. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, because MB was so supportive. I was wrong. He was wrong for this club and that’s on Curtis and Manning. The rumours about Viera etc were just a smokescreen at the time. Armas was their guy and they need to be accountable. A high press with this roster was always a non starter. And there is no plan B. Curtis and Manning were all in philosophically with Armas and are equally responsible for the on field failure. Added to that, the communications are terrible. Treat us like adults, knowledgeable about soccer. Because we are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Yeah, I agree.

As usual, dithering Ali has missed the boat. We need someone to come in and batten down the hatches and Alonso is exactly that guy.

If they don’t fix this soon, we’ll resoundingly ruin the confidence of our players and then we’ve got an even bigger rebuild ahead of us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I agree.

As usual, dithering Ali has missed the boat. We need someone to come in and batten down the hatches and Alonso is exactly that guy.

If they don’t fix this soon, we’ll resoundingly ruin the confidence of our players and then we’ve got an even bigger rebuild ahead of us.
    The longer he dithers, the more both him & Manning start getting into the firing zone. A few weeks ago I just wanted Armas gone because Curtis did bring in good players, just took a long time to do it. Now he is right there with Armas and I'm starting to look at Manning now too.

Sitting back and saying + doing nothing, ever isn't a good way to keep your job in this business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And... He is gone.

Source: All of Twitter