Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I thought one of the purposes of MLS was to train up not just domestic players, but domestic coaches and executives as well. That would make the most sense for a lot of the hires we see in the league. Or am I thinking CPL?
    Armas has been around for a while and still has no coaching badges so not sure how much training up he's done. As for Ali, he thinks he's amazing already, what's to improve?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah...just need to sit Bradley down & have him no longer be an always pencilled in sort of guy. He isn't that player anymore.
    This is one of the reasons I don't really want Munoz or a MLS manager after Armas. My initial amount of respect will rise as soon as we get a manager with the guts and authority to sit Bradley and have that decision not be questioned internally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is one of the reasons I don't really want Munoz or a MLS manager after Armas. My initial amount of respect will rise as soon as we get a manager with the guts and authority to sit Bradley and have that decision not be questioned internally.
    I doubt there are many domestic coaches with the stature for that. Would most likely need a foreign coach with his own ideas. Seems more likely that Bradley retires first. I have a feeling that accepting a pay cut is as far as this management will push him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I doubt there are many domestic coaches with the stature for that. Would most likely need a foreign coach with his own ideas. Seems more likely that Bradley retires first. I have a feeling that accepting a pay cut is as far as this management will push him.
    I agree and to push it further I wouldn't be surprised if they make him manager before he is retired to force the issue and keep him happy. Only plus with Bradley is that unlike Armas, I think he will go get his badges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree and to push it further I wouldn't be surprised if they make him manager before he is retired to force the issue and keep him happy. Only plus with Bradley is that unlike Armas, I think he will go get his badges.
    For sure, I imagine he would want to follow in his fathers footsteps, or better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about bringing in Octavio Zambrano?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    How about bringing in Octavio Zambrano?
    I'd bring in the guy I see outside right now walking his dog over Armas. Hell, I'd even accept the dog at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd bring in the guy I see outside right now walking his dog over Armas. Hell, I'd even accept the dog at this point.
    Yeah but would the dog wear a flashy, tight fitting suit on the sideline while looking generally befuddled during our matches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herein lies the problem. Any manager who wants to sit the 33 year old captain making 1.5m a year probably also wants to move him off the roster entirely. Any manager that wants to move Bradley will never get hired.

Curtis and Manning are so risk averse if they were cavemen they'd have been too afraid to discover fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Herein lies the problem. Any manager who wants to sit the 33 year old captain making 1.5m a year probably also wants to move him off the roster entirely. Any manager that wants to move Bradley will never get hired.
    This is a sobering point. MB really might be a much bigger problem than we think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Curtis and Manning are so risk averse if they were cavemen they'd have been too afraid to discover fire.
    LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    This is a sobering point. MB really might be a much bigger problem than we think he is.
    I wonder what are the chances of the team picking up his option year? (hint: this question might require a thread of its own)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that the latest Sun article concludes with a line about there being talk of firing Armas if results don’t turn.

The Armas puff piece earlier in the week seemed to contradict that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I wonder what are the chances of the team picking up his option year? (hint: this question might require a thread of its own)
    I say they do unless they convince him to be manager. My biggest worry is if they resign Gonzalez because it's easier than finding a new CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His next excuse…. but of course they don’t make excuses.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...-at-the-moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chris Armas doesn't make excuses Chris Armas provides reasons why things are not his fault but Chris Armas doesn't have time to explain the difference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait until The Chris Armas is managing The Fire and we're being managed by anybody else. At this point, honestly anyone is an improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you smell what The Chris Armas is cooking?

Excuses. He is cooking up some excuses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember back in 2015 Bradley made a speech about there being no more excuses at TFC and that the team needed to have men.

Maybe they should play that on the video board at training for people who might not have been here for that speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should start a Chris Armas Not Excuses Thread.

What I always find awe inspiring about these sorts of situations is the team knows it has internationals on its roster, it knows about the gold cup and other international dates, then it acts totally gobsmacked when guys get called away to play for their national teams.

If it’s such a hinderance, maybe the Chris Armas should go to his boss and ask why he created a roster like this rather than feigning shock.

But I guess that’s just the team providing an observation, rather than making an excuse for it’s situation /s

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We should start a Chris Armas Not Excuses Thread.

What I always find awe inspiring about these sorts of situations is the team knows it has internationals on its roster, it knows about the gold cup and other international dates, then it acts totally gobsmacked when guys get called away to play for their national teams.

If it’s such a hinderance, maybe the Chris Armas should go to his boss and ask why he created a roster like this rather than feigning shock.

But I guess that’s just the team providing an observation, rather than making an excuse for it’s situation /s
    Manning & Curtis are MLS-centric (mostly USMNT) so this is how that goes. I figure Armas would be as well judging by his background.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor from Reddit and I have no idea how to share it but it says Zeljko Petrovic, recently out of contract from Willem II, is flying into Toronto this weekend for negotiations to be the new TFC manager. Guy has been around and managed some good squads in his day. For sure he would be an improvement on Armas but I can't see this move from Manning or Curtis. If they get anyone it will be Munoz or some MLS retread like Kreis.

Found a Twitter link

https://twitter.com/Kulis10Kula/stat...110722/photo/1
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-02-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would hardly be an improvement tbh. Guy's been in management for 15 years and hardly ever seems to last in the same job for more than one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would hardly be an improvement tbh. Guy's been in management for 15 years and hardly ever seems to last in the same job for more than one
    He's only been at Willem II for a year and they went from fifth in the table to an 8-7-19 record, flirting with relegation. No thank you. Plus, next-to-no head coaching experience outside Willem II, mostly as assistant, mostly at a similar or lower level to MLS.

Journeyman with problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy might not be good but I am willing to say anyone is an improvement on Armas. At this point I will be shocked if we win a match before we play the Fire at the end of the month and that one is questionable too. At present, we're working with the worst manager we've ever had and that's saying something because we had Marriner, Dasovic, & Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take Zeljko at this point. Give him the rest of the season and go from there. Anyone except The Chris Armas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take Zeljko at this point. Give him the rest of the season and go from there. Anyone except The Chris Armas.
    I've been saying this too but there's part of me that's worried about them getting Kries. He pretty much stunk up the U23 US squad and I figure he is on good terms with Manning. I can't say he's worse than Armas but I don't think he's much better either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The black turtleneck is Steve Jobs-esque. We might not be professional, but it will leave the appearance of being a modern outfit.

Otherwise, I’m going to call bullshit on this rumour. This would be a truly out-of-left field hire and unnecessarily risky. If DCU can find a decent hire, we should be able to do the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If DCU can find a decent hire, we should be able to do the same.
    They don't have Curtis doing the hiring though.

Any other NYRB managers (including Academy & Assistants) floating around doing nothing? If so, then bank on them or else Munoz or Kreis. If anything has been learned so far it's that Manning and Curtis will go to what they know and what's easiest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't have Curtis doing the hiring though.

Any other NYRB managers (including Academy & Assistants) floating around doing nothing? If so, then bank on them or else Munoz or Kreis. If anything has been learned so far it's that Manning and Curtis will go to what they know and what's easiest.
    John Wolyniec has done some good things with NYRB II and he's been there for their entire history (about as long as Vanney was head at TFC). That's one name I wouldn't mind seeing though I also figure if he wanted an MLS job he'd have been hired by the first team over there by now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He left Willem because he didn’t like the technical or medical staff, don’t think he be impressed by TFC’s.