Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Guess it isn't true according to this person. Will keep that other tweet up but attach a disclaimer.

But she has no proof either just opinion because Armas ran training today and Manning would never hire some USL manager after Armas. He would target a big name. I don't buy that line of thought. I figured Munoz was always hired as a guy for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the journos seem more upset that they couldn't be the ones to break the news. The need to be first really has hurt sports media.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffery says someone from the FO said it's not true but what else would they say at this point?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffery's response -

https://twitter.com/beezersun/status...660144131?s=21

But denial is the first step... remember next will come, he has my full support
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-28-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s no way he doesn’t get the next two games to show out. After that we have a break and it makes sense to change things up. I don’t buy that three straight losses has him out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    There’s no way he doesn’t get the next two games to show out. After that we have a break and it makes sense to change things up. I don’t buy that three straight losses has him out.
    But it should when counting in the rest of his body of work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the journos seem more upset that they couldn't be the ones to break the news. The need to be first really has hurt sports media.
    Yep, have to say that it’s really a mug’s game. For every Woz, there are 10,000 scrappers who are never first but make it their preoccupation with being first.

These guys have to back up and start thinking about other ways to provide valued journalism, other than just being the gossip monger de jour
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-28-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a very clear case to fire him right now, no if, ands or buts.

Look at the mess of tactics, the incoherent press explanations, and the doormats we’ve dropped points to. And Cinci on the weekend, that just takes the cake.

It’s almost cruel to leave him in his job at this point. Anything that was left of his professional credibility died on the field this Saturday, whether anybody at TFC wants to acknowledge that or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he is saying that we would have scored a few goals if Cincinnati didn't play defensively and stopped strategically tackling when required.

Essentially asking them to stop playing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But she has no proof either just opinion ...
    Rachel does analytics for the team....she's not a journalist.

Between that & one of Eric G's tweets, this rumour is DOA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I mean, yes it’s dead because Buffery got comment from the club.

But salty analytics person commenting on matters of their employer isn’t necessarily “in the know”. Heck, I question how you say stuff like that and not get majorly slapped internally. Companies don’t want everyone on their payroll commenting on social media about these matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Linkedin she works for BMO, not MLSE. However she co-hosts a hockey podcast that used to be with The Athletic. Might have a few connections to someone at MLSE, but seems to be inferring that Armas hasn't been fired rather than an in the know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

So he is saying that we would have scored a few goals if Cincinnati didn't play defensively and stopped strategically tackling when required.

Essentially asking them to stop playing.
    Our manager's 300 page tactics manifesto was not prepared for a low block display of typical MLS 1.0 tactics.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-28-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What scares me most is Poz and Yefe coming back in the squad and Toronto beating beating D.C. giving Armas a chance to say Chris Armas has turned things around and getting more time, prolonging this nightmare even further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    What scares me most is Poz and Yefe coming back in the squad and Toronto beating beating D.C. giving Armas a chance to say Chris Armas has turned things around and getting more time, prolonging this nightmare even further.
    The Chris Armas says he deserves another year to implement his system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you are right, but we just lost to the team that finished last the last two seasons. And we are in last, 20+ points behind first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But it should when counting in the rest of his body of work.
    Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chris Armas says he deserves another year to implement his system.
    You’re killing independent Armas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try not to swear much on here... But, we're fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"By all that's holy, we're staying the course. This ship isn't named 'Titanic' for nothing. What? Oh... oh just some more ice. Ignore it."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of I(s) in that quote and not a lot of we (s) in there other than we’re being tested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an arrogant asshat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that confirm he is coaching next game.

Looking at the schedule I can see the following happen.

DC United - Draw/Loss

New England - Loss

Orlando City - Loss

NY Red Bulls - Draw/Win

Chicago - Win

If we pick up more than 6 points I will be shocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After being disappointed in the low ambition Armas hire I was actually somewhat excited seeing the high press style in action in the CCL. No longer was everything going through Bradley at a low tempo, it was end to end action. The defenders we're breaking lines with passes, young players were expressing themselves!

Then we heard 'no excuses', then some losses and we heard 'it would take too long to explain the tactics'. Now hearing a bunch of excuses like the other team fouled us too much, Bradley is once again lying deep and collecting every ball slowing down the transition. Young players shipped to the reserves or benched, key players all injures.

Its seriously worse than the Mariner days! He legit had little to work with. Armas has the league MVP and a squad that finished 2nd overall and he's tanking the franchise!!! Its insane! Vanney is turning around LAG, Fraser is working wonders in Colorado. We have the NYRB rejects tanking us.

If TFC gets back to BMO who will be excited to go see the Armas squad?
    Last edited by SirBobSaget; 06-28-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone at TFC is hanging Chris Armas out to dry with no media advice. These are absurd comments in the circumstances. What should have been said was something like "I came in knowing the roster and believing that it could adapt to some different tactics; we know that hasn't worked because we have become far too vulnerable to simple long balls up the middle. We are going to tweak things to address that - remember that e have a great roster with the league MVP, Bradley, Osorio, Soteldo and our young players, one of the best in the league - and we think a few adjustments will help us to significantly tighten up at the back and allow our creative players to express themselves". Or something like that. The "I's" are disastrous
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-29-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    After being disappointed in the low ambition Armas hire I was actually somewhat excited seeing the high press style in action in the CCL. No longer was everything going through Bradley at a low tempo, it was end to end action. The defenders we're breaking lines with passes, young players were expressing themselves!

Then we heard 'no excuses', then some losses and we heard 'it would take too long to explain the tactics'. Now hearing a bunch of excuses like the other team fouled us too much, Bradley is once again lying deep and collecting every ball slowing down the transition. Young players shipped to the reserves or benched, key players all injures.

Its seriously worse than the Mariner days! He legit had little to work with. Armas has the league MVP and a squad that finished 2nd overall and he's tanking the franchise!!! Its insane! Vanney is turning around LAG, Fraser is working wonders in Colorado. We have the NYRB rejects tanking us.

If TFC gets back to BMO who will be excited to go see the Armas squad?
    You mean the league MVP who has played all but 1.5 games? Is that Armas' fault? Armas is also not the one that signed Altidore to that ridiculous contract extension.

As for Mariner - uhhhh.......no.......he had to be at least a million times worse, especially the way he and/or Cochrane undermined Winter.

And at least with Armas, he said from day 1 his strategy was all about press, press, press.

With Mariner, I seem to recall in his first practice or something that he was not about strategies, formations, etc. I have no idea what his playing style was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    someone at TFC is hanging Chris Armas out to dry with no media advice. These are absurd comments in the circumstances. "I came in knowing the roster and believing that it could adapt to some different tactics; we know that hasn't worked because we have become far too vulnerable to simple long balls up the middle. We are going to tweak things to address that - remember that e have a great roster with the league MVP, Bradley, Osorio, Soteldo and our young players, one of the best in the league - and we think a few adjustments will help us to significantly tighten up at the back and allow our creative players to express themselves". Or something like that. The "I's" are disastrous
    In the early TFC days it was train wreck followed by another train wreck. For the first time we have a stable period going to complete garbage in months. Are we to believe all these players are now garbage or that the guy that has never improved a team is taking us for a nice ride to Tank Nation! Except there's no Auston Matthews at the end, only more despair cause MLS draft is not so good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

As noxx98 mentioned, Rachel does analytics for BMO (the bank, not the field). She also seems to work with York University. Maybe she knows some people though.

But yeah based on Steve Buffery's tweets it doesn't look like this has happened yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    someone at TFC is hanging Chris Armas out to dry with no media advice. These are absurd comments in the circumstances. "I came in knowing the roster and believing that it could adapt to some different tactics; we know that hasn't worked because we have become far too vulnerable to simple long balls up the middle. We are going to tweak things to address that - remember that e have a great roster with the league MVP, Bradley, Osorio, Soteldo and our young players, one of the best in the league - and we think a few adjustments will help us to significantly tighten up at the back and allow our creative players to express themselves". Or something like that. The "I's" are disastrous
    Egocentric but easily insecure as a result. At its worst, you often see the person start commonly referring to themselves in the third person as it gives them a subconscious sense of separating the personality construct from the behavior.

"Chris Armas does not allow this. "
    "How could you do this to me? You must hate Trump."

I bet you it's possible to corner Ali Curtis on the wrong day and get him to poke you with a finger while he says "Ali Curtis does not accept this narrative." But he seems a bit cooler headed so it would take some work to break through the veil of even accepting mistakes are being made or responsibility is required.

Manning has been through all of this multiple times. He was MLS exec of the year in Tampa but the team folded within two years of that and he was out of a job. He effectively presided over one of of the few franchise failures in league history. He rebounded with an exec vp style advertising and publicity job at the Philadelphia Eagles, did little of note... and then was hired by RSL.

So he has consistently failed upwards but executives love him anyway, which means he knows the game well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mike Forbes says that he wishes the Chris Armas would cease being employed.