Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These idiots realize their star player and league MVP is coming up on the final year of his contract, right?

Good luck convincing him to stay and not request transfer in the off-season if we don’t clean this up. And then, we are in big time shit and seriously moving backwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embarrassment to all bald men everywhere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a waste of time as is the whole mls season in general. The playoffs are all that matters. No one cares what position you finished in if you lose your first round playoff game.
    The only value to the season as a club in mls is if you finish first in your division as you get to miss one playoff game
    If you finish in first place your chance of winning the mls cup is 16%
    If you finish in 2nd 3rd or 4th your chance of winning the mls cup is 9%
    If you finish 5th 6th or 7th your chance of winning mls cup is 5%

So really who gives a f if you where you finish 2-7
    Just get in the playoffs
    Oddsmakers have us projected to finish 6th or 7 the with NYC
    If Chris Armas wins his first round playoff game he was more successful than Vanney we last year

My last statement You all can put that in your pipe and smoke it
    Last edited by stevep; 06-28-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    This thread is a waste of time as is the whole mls season in general. The playoffs are all that matters. No one cares what position you finished in if you lose your first round playoff game.
    The only value to the season as a club in mls is if you finish first in your division as you get to miss one playoff game

Just get in the playoffs
    If Chris Armas wins his first round playoff game he was more successful than Vanney we last year

We are currently 13th in the East.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get in the playoffs

LOL at us finishing 6th or 7th with Armas in charge. At this rate I don't even see us getting 6 or 7 wins this season much less places in the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get in the playoffs

What an oddly aggressive close to your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he wins his first round playoff game he is better than Vanney was last year!!
    This needs to sink in with everyone
    Ask yourself how many games has he had all 3 dp’s playing?
    How many dp’s played against Cinci?
    Judge him back at Bmo with all dp’s playing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just judged Vanney's 1st round playoff flop last season with us playing away from BMO and with an injured, but playing Jozy plus a TAM level DP (due to rules) in Piatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is meeting the expectations most would of predicted before the year and they only have one DP and also play their home games in Florida. There is zero excuse for TFC to be tied for last in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Montreal is meeting the expectations most would of predicted before the year and they only have one DP and also play their home games in Florida. There is zero excuse for TFC to be tied for last in MLS.
    The only acceptible excuse is that our manager is garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas: The press is a superior strategy and the only way to play modern football

Peanut Gallery: But what do you do if you go down a goal and the other team doesn’t have to press up?

**crickets**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Armas: The press is a superior strategy and the only way to play modern football

Peanut Gallery: But what do you do if you go down a goal and the other team doesn’t have to press up?

**crickets**
    Quite the change from ‘no excuses’! I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say no excuses so many times while constantly giving excuses. Doesn’t he realize how unhinged he sounds? If not, why doesn’t somebody help him?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't anymore

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I can't anymore

Yeh, I stopped on Saturday - I'll react on twitter to things like that by asking about the team as a whole & management, but I just can't engage with an Armas discussion right now.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-28-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well nothing is new. tfc was always fouled in build up play. I think the seattle finals when bradley was hacked and needed recovery is a prime example.
    or 2016 Finals loss.
    2017- they learned how to push and get passed this.

I was insanely skeptical prior to his hiring from all the info y'all shared.

I mentioned the moment he brought up hockey in football he lost me right then and there. Some of yall tried to explain to me it was about the culture.

Im hear to explain that it was a red flag for me, or the fact he wants to be like man city and pep- talking about how they had so many injuries and losses early on.

He basically predicted this would happen.

He must be the ultimate sales man to get this gig, and have all the players fight for him.

really though it is all on Manning- no one but manning. start there please

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he wins his first round playoff game he is better than Vanney was last year!!
    If I only had a dollar for every time someone had their "last" or "final" statement, then came back for more

We won't ever have all dp's playing because Armas has decided that Jozy is permanently out. So it's a perma-excuse, one that doesn't wash because if Vanney was here Jozy would be playing. Jozy is only out because Armas can't handle dealing with him.

Vanney had a better record than Armas has when he started, yet you were firmly #vanneyout and never budged from that despite all the success that came to our club under him. Vanney dealt with injuries too and rarely had a full squad and nearly won the CCL with barely enough players to even field a team. He won the MLS Cup with Jozy injured and barely able to play. I hope you can see how inconsistent this sounds to dislike Vanney so much and like Armas. I get it if you want a world class coach and all we have is a North American coach. I get that. But Armas isn't world class.

You say you like Armas' "style" better than Vanney's so that's why you support him staying on. I guess that's the pressing style in theory. Kind of like Liverpool plays in practice. As far as Armas and TFC, I frankly don't see much style or organization at all. I coached youth soccer for many years and quite honestly my defenders played better organized on an amateur level than TFC's defenders are playing now, even when you take into account the speed of the game and more dangerous forwards to play against in MLS. That's pretty embarrassing. That's on the coach.

Curtis is responsible for the quality of players that we have. We could do with an upgrade on several positions. That's true. However organization of how the team plays is 100% Armas' responsibility. Even with the holes we have in our lineup, no way we should be at the bottom of the table or play as disorganized as we are.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-28-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy heck what a quote from Michael Singh.

I mean the ref did let way too much go. Cinci should have received some yellows much earlier which probably would have helped.

So the ref didn't, and the team has no way to respond? What a friggin joke.

Plus the team was inviting some of the abuse. Often TFC players didn't know where to go, especially off the ball. Many cases where 3 or 4 Cinci players swarmed a TFC player, and the other TFC players were too far away to help or offer an outlet, or only in the wrong direction i.e. passing backward and inviting pressure even deeper in our half.

If 3 or 4 opponents are pressing one player, that means there are a bunch of other TFC players open, but they have anticipate and also react very quickly to provide that outlet, thereby breaking the press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea if this is legit, but the account has 13k followers. So... Maybe?

Edit: This has turned out to be false. Keeping it up so that the following posts make sense.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 06-28-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they make a change then this will be the change as it's simple, easy, and lazy. That's our FO's style now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck????? How the fuck are are we going to make the playoffs the way we have played all year??? By giving every other team the bubonic plaque?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If they make a change then this will be the change as it's simple, easy, and lazy. That's our FO's style now.
    Lets fucking hope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what its worth, this guy is their TFC reporter

https://twitter.com/Gian_411

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If I only had a dollar for every time someone had their "last" or "final" statement, then came back for more

We won't ever have all dp's playing because Armas has decided that Jozy is permanently out. So it's a perma-excuse, one that doesn't wash because if Vanney was here Jozy would be playing. Jozy is only out because Armas can't handle dealing with him.

Vanney had a better record than Armas has when he started, yet you were firmly #vanneyout and never budged from that despite all the success that came to our club under him. Vanney dealt with injuries too and rarely had a full squad and nearly won the CCL with barely enough players to even field a team. He won the MLS Cup with Jozy injured and barely able to play. I hope you can see how inconsistent this sounds to dislike Vanney so much and like Armas. I get it if you want a world class coach and all we have is a North American coach. I get that. But Armas isn't world class.

You say you like Armas' "style" better than Vanney's so that's why you support him staying on. I guess that's the pressing style in theory. Kind of like Liverpool plays in practice. As far as Armas and TFC, I frankly don't see much style or organization at all. I coached youth soccer for many years and quite honestly my defenders played better organized on an amateur level than TFC's defenders are playing now, even when you take into account the speed of the game and more dangerous forwards to play against in MLS. That's pretty embarrassing. That's on the coach.

Curtis is responsible for the quality of players that we have. We could do with an upgrade on several positions. That's true. However organization of how the team plays is 100% Armas' responsibility. Even with the holes we have in our lineup, no way we should be at the bottom of the table or play as disorganized as we are.
    What exactly is Armas's style???? Running around with no fucking clue???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably gonna turn out to be fake. I just want to believe in something these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want this to be true so badly. Please fire Armas... and take Ali with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not opposed if true. It’s a reasonable course of action, which is all we can ask for.

Longer term, we pilot Munoz as intern and if he makes it great. If not, on to external candidates.

All that said, it would be nice for once to actually have someone who is vested in youth players and comfortable integrating them in first team football. Which Munoz could be…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably gonna turn out to be fake. I just want to believe in something these days.
    Probably but if looking for a fake story why not pick a better name (Viera, Pineda, almost anyone else) or an equivalently shit name (Olsen, Kreis, Klinnsman) to get some good traction.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-28-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess it isn't true according to this person. Will keep that other tweet up but attach a disclaimer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thats some random person offering opinion. In no way is it a confirmation of the report being fake. Fuck I hope this is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denial seems no more credible than the initial message. I’ll call this a wash.

But I think someone in the traditional media should be reaching out to the club for comment, on the record.